Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

this is a joke ?

if this info is true, HBO has always good TV shows, original and sometimes ... very special.

:lol:

Guest AdminGuyX

I don't think it's a joke, no. AICN doesn't usually just post willy nilly to make jokes. I mean, I was joking a bit in my post, yes.

:)

Njc-------

This is so weird - I actually saw part of a blog yesterday from someone in "the industry" who said Tom was in the offices of HBO, and now Bam!, the news breaks of Tom being cast in the pilot of Hung.

Since it's a pilot though, I'm assuming that means that the show hasn't been picked up by HBO yet...?

Here are some more links to the news, probably all saying the same thing. I think the news first broke on The Hollywood Reporter, but I could be wrong:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...647342adb?imw=Y

and

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/48/30348.php

and

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080801c.php

Jen

I read this too on Zap2it.com, which is all over television news, so maybe it's true. If it is true, I gotz to get me some HBO too.

If this thing gets picked up, that is. :P

Sweet Mary Wilson Mother of Motown, I will not miss an episode. So glad I did not give up HBO...LMAO

"Punisher" star Jane set for HBO comedy pilot

This makes me think of "Californication" (that I adore).

Okay, I just had to add this FilmSchoolRejects link about Hung here, because it's just too darn funny... :P

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/thom...ane-is-hung.php

Jen

yeesh....this is more info than i care to know about Mr. Jane....by the way, if the past tense of hang is hanged, then the past tense for wang is....?

I was talking to Jane recently and he told me about this.

He said Alexander Payne (About Schmidt, Sideways) was creating and directing.

I said DO IT!!!!!

- TB

irish46-

by the way, if the past tense of hang is hanged, then the past tense for wang is....?

wung.

did I win the microwave?

sveinx

I was talking to Jane recently and he told me about this.

He said Alexander Payne (About Schmidt, Sideways) was creating and directing.

I said DO IT!!!!!

- TB

That was probably the best advise one could give in that situation. Payne has yet to put out a film that was not good. You should become Tom's agent. ;)

by cons, if this TV Show works well, we'll see probably less and less Thomas at the cinema...

when the actors start a TV Show, I think the return to cinema becomes more "difficult"...

I don't know...

Guest FADoss

Aurelia,

I think a lot of that has to do with the steady paycheck. Film is great if you're a million+ per film actor. TV pays the bills. Plus, it ties you up so much on filming and if you REALLY love the work then you are ALWAYS doing it which I imagine is a lovely feeling.

When it comes to lower budget independent films, they actually SEEK out TV stars. They are cheaper and looking to do more films. I don't see Jane as getting stuck though.

Fred

I hope Tom knows what he's signed up for.

Sure, HBO output some of the best TV shows ever made, and sure Alexander Payne is a great director...... but if the show is successful, Tom is going to have to put up with lots of dick puns for the rest of his life. Fun for the first 5 minutes yeah, but after the thousandth dick joke, it might begin to grate.

On the plus side, he could write them all down and become Kevin Smith's new best friend :-P

indeed, this is not false... ;)

but if the show is successful, Tom is going to have to put up with lots of dick puns for the rest of his life. Fun for the first 5 minutes yeah, but after the thousandth dick joke, it might begin to grate.

Not unlike his wife being asked for the millionth time "Do you believe in ghosts/psychics?"

That's got to get really old really fast. Although I loved the way Thomas handled Ryan Seacrest when he asked Patricia the same tired question at the 2007 SAG awards. That was priceless! So I'm sure Thomas can handle all the inevitable puns and witty remarks.

"Hey, you said that with a straight face, man. You've been practicing." :lol:

I'd love to see this do for his career what Medium did for Patricia's. Not launched, but simply gave it a turbo boost, so to speak. Patricia was already established and respected as a film actress (much like Thomas is) but the success of Medium launched her to the next level. I'd love to see that happen for Thomas and see him starting getting the respect he has long deserved.

Television is no longer the "red-headed-stepchild" of Hollywood, and more and more film stars are finding increased success in television. And simply put, it's because the material is better all around. When every other movie that comes out of Hollywood is a sequel to a sequel or a remake of a remake, the lack of originality begins to wear on both audiences and I"m sure actors as well. TV is in a great place right now creatively, and many great film actors are taking advantage of it. So kudos to Thomas, and I wish him lots of luck with this.

Television is no longer the "red-headed-stepchild" of Hollywood, and more and more film stars are finding increased success in television. And simply put, it's because the material is better all around. When every other movie that comes out of Hollywood is a sequel to a sequel or a remake of a remake, the lack of originality begins to wear on both audiences and I"m sure actors as well. TV is in a great place right now creatively, and many great film actors are taking advantage of it. So kudos to Thomas, and I wish him lots of luck with this.

Mediumfan,

Let's be real. For the average person, a television show is a much better option to see their favorite performers than a movie release. I am in Seattle, and there are three theatres that I can go and see something interesting at. If it isn't something super mainstream, I am usually seeing it at a limited run theatre called the Crest, which also plays second runs at $3 a seat. The other two theatres are literally a block away from each other about a mile west of the University of Washington. Seattle is thought of as a cultured town, but this is the reality of boots on the ground in Seattle.

You know how much of a fan of Patricia I am, Medium being the only television show I watch in any given week. Having your favorite actress develop a character over multiple years is tremendous. Her skill at weaving a deeper more real, more complex, character are revealed over a long period of time and her skill at constantly making it new show why she is beloved. In the case of Thomas, I would love for him to have that kind of vehicle. I really enjoyed "The Tripper", but the times when TJ wasn't on screen were a bit of a let down, like it was stuck in the mud. Whenever he was on screen it was like, "OK, the movie is going to advance now." This weekend I ended up in WalMart in the middle of the night buying more stuff to get my house ready for open houses. There in the middle of the sales floor was a DVD stand featuring movies centered on comic characters. Top shelf, dead center, "The Punisher". Thomas Jane (Note top billing) and John Travolta. The price was great, $9. The real excitement for me was, that as stupid as anybody thinks a high placement in WalMart might be, this will do a shitload of good for Tom Jane name recognition. Our favorite renaissance man may finally be breaking mainstream.

Joe