Rocknrolla

Guest FADoss

blasphemy...

I agree, the US fucked up that piece of art. That's why I have the UK uncut version. That version is incredible.

The US version is fuckered, the ending is the beginning and nothing is really explained or mapped out. I highly suggest everyone see the UK version.

JO

Guest FADoss

I liked the US version...and didn't really feel I needed it mapped out. Of course I studied philosophy in college and still read about it in my spare time...so I'm not the average Joe on stuff like this. I didn't really think it was that hard to follow. I mean, I can't understand SHIT about Lynch's films, but "Revolver" digested rather easily.

Fred

I liked the US version...and didn't really feel I needed it mapped out. Of course I studied philosophy in college and still read about it in my spare time...so I'm not the average Joe on stuff like this. I didn't really think it was that hard to follow. I mean, I can't understand SHIT about Lynch's films, but "Revolver" digested rather easily.

Fred

No, I'm saying that the average movie buff wouldn't quite understand it. I don't like it mapped out, I'm saying the UK version is more complex and there is over 30 minutes of footage kept in the film including the original ending that to me is brilliant.

JO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll be checking this out Monday late show while in London.

Hope it's better than Revolver (which I rented while visiting folks stateside).

I will have to rent our own region 2 version, maybe. I can't stand Statham in that terrible hairpiece.

Just noticed the release dates for Rocknrolla got pushed back in the states to October 31.

Sorry fellas. :P

Trudell

• 2 weeks later...
Just noticed the release dates for Rocknrolla got pushed back in the states to October 31.

Sorry fellas. :P

Trudell

In your face America, UK Rocks... N Rolls .... who care if you get 99% of films before us, we get the new Guy Ritchie movies first. Even if that means we have to put up with Madonna, so be it :P

If the political landscape of America doesn't improve over the next 4 years I'm moving to Australia and damned to you all!

;)

So any reports? Anyone seen Rocknrolla yet?

Or are you Brits not taking advantage of 4 week window of opportunity?

Please hide or warn about spoilers!

- TB

If the political landscape of America doesn't improve over the next 4 years I'm moving to Australia and damned to you all!

;)

Sadly I didn't get a chance to see it before I left, but Empire (one of the better UK Film mags) gave it a 4 star (out of 5) review. Most reviews have been pretty consistent, saying it's Guy Ritchie doing what he does best.

Was interested to read it's the first part of a planned trilogy. People call Guy Ritchie a one trick pony, but when you do the trick so well, why change I guess. So all going to plan, 2 more cockney wide-boy London crime films innit!

Eden Lake got great reviews too. If it makes it to America, you guys should definately check it out.

As for the American political climate, I predict partisan squabbling over petty details that effectively result in the same thing happening anyway... just like every other democratic country in the world (just with more invading) :P

Sadly I didn't get a chance to see it before I left, but Empire (one of the better UK Film mags) gave it a 4 star (out of 5) review. Most reviews have been pretty consistent, saying it's Guy Ritchie doing what he does best.

Was interested to read it's the first part of a planned trilogy. People call Guy Ritchie a one trick pony, but when you do the trick so well, why change I guess. So all going to plan, 2 more cockney wide-boy London crime films innit!

Eden Lake got great reviews too. If it makes it to America, you guys should definately check it out.

As for the American political climate, I predict partisan squabbling over petty details that effectively result in the same thing happening anyway... just like every other democratic country in the world (just with more invading) :P

A-men, Murphy!

I think I'll have to skip Eden Lake, but only because it looks really upsetting and stressful. Go Thomas Turgoose! I loved him in This is England.

;)

Or are you Brits not taking advantage of 4 week window of opportunity?

Please hide or warn about spoilers!

- TB

I heard the new Star Wars TV series was shooting in Australia. Think you'll have room on your couch? :P

• 4 weeks later...

This movie looks FANTASTIC.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume Ritchie was already contemplating the divorce with Madonna and this was his way of venting.

I saw the Trailer yesterday with MAX PAYNE and man it was fuckin good!!!

The movie wreaks of SNATCH antics, with characters both witty and dangerous.

Butler's playing it comedic, Thandie Newton is pure black humor and Tom Wilkinson steals the show as a British crime kingpin.

*The only thing I feel this film lacks is the very NECESSARY presence of Vinnie Jones.

I'm diggin it, even though I feel Chris "Ludacris" Bridges DOES NOT belong in it AT ALL.

Here's hoping Rock'n'Rolla puts Ritchie back on the British Pulp Fiction map.

OCTOBER 31

-TL

In your face America, UK Rocks... N Rolls .... who care if you get 99% of films before us, we get the new Guy Ritchie movies first. Even if that means we have to put up with Madonna, so be it :P

Sadly I didn't get a chance to see it before I left.

Heheh, shame you didn't get to answer the call on that friendly trash-talking Murph ;)

Or do you still have a shot at seeing it before we get it in less than 2 weeks?

Hope you see it 'cause I want to hear your review, without spoilers, natch.

Butler looks like he's been at the donuts.

Cool looking shot though.

- TB

• 3 months later...

Finally got to see it tonight! Not one I'd take my 6 year old to see in the theaters and not one the wife cared to be dragged to (did it even MAKE it to the theater near me?).

Guy Ritchie has officially topped my list as favorite director. He's fucking fabulous and "Rock N Rolla" is just another example. I LOVED "Snatch". I LOVED "Lock Stock". Ate up "Revolver" (you unclassy bastards) and now "RNR".

He's the fucking man.

Archived