Tim Bradstreet

The Devil's Commandos

Maybe it is the proofreader in me or is the word "Directed" misspelled on the poster?

Maybe it is the proofreader in me or is the word "Directed" misspelled on the poster?

Ignore what I said. Bradstreet. Yer fired.

He makes up for his shitty spelling with being a great tagline generator though.

Oh. I saw that, too, but I thought it was just a vertical fold in the poster - there are some creases throughout ...

uh huh... ;)

;)

Well slap me with a wet noodle for not catching it.

Romano laid out the credit block for me and I missed it until you beautiful people pointed it out.

The typo exists everywhere else too but here, though I'm swapping out my facebook one asap.

Not really too concerned about it otherwise considering the current "in development" status.

Thanks for pointing it out Tiara ;)

- tb

Thomas Jane has been staying quite busy after retiring from the Punisher, with upcoming roles in The Mutant Chronicles and Give 'Em Hell Malone as well as a few others. He's also directing and starring in a 3D horror movie called The Dark Country, that we haven't really mentioned much before. Apparently everything went well with Dark Country, because he's already lined up his follow-up, another 3D horror project, this one called Devil's Commandos. It's written by screenwriter Todd Farmer (Jason X, The Messengers, My Bloody Valentine 3-D) and Punisher comic book illustrator Tim Bradstreet.

Farmer dropped by ShockTillYouDrop over the weekend and gave them a few more details on the film as well as a short plot synopsis and the badass poster that you see to the right. "Devil's Commandos is a Tim Bradstreet story," he told them. "Turns out, not only can Timmy draw, his noodle churns out some rockin' ideas. Who knew? But I told him if I wrote the thing he wouldn't get any credit. He'd end up as a footnote somewhere. So I suggested he write it with me." As for what it's all about: "Devil's Commandos is about a WWII commando unit sent on a rescue mission. Pretty straight forward. Except for the part where hell opens up and they have to fight Satan's army."

This actually sounds like a badass idea and I'm especially digging that it came from Farmer and Bradstreet. I've already heard some pretty damn good things about The Dark Country, which I'm assuming was sort of Jane's proving grounds for his directing abilities and use of 3D in horror. Although I'm not the biggest fan of 3D, for some odd reason I'm really interested in checking out The Dark Country. I don't think it's as gimmicky as something like My Bloody Valentine 3-D and is more about the story, which is why I'm curious. With Devil's Commandos on his plate after he finishes shooting "Hung" for HBO, I'm getting impatient waiting for some footage from Dark Country to see if Jane is actually good at directing or not.

Source: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/29/tho...vils-commandos/

Thomas Jane is currently in post production on at least two films… the very retro and very cool looking Give ‘em Hell Malone and his 3-D horror film The Dark Country, which he’s also directing. Add to that his new HBO series, “Hung,” that was recently picked up for a full season, and the man has a full plate. For most actors that would be enough for one calendar year, but Jane apparently likes to work. A lot. So his 2009 has just gotten even busier…

ShockTillYouDrop reports that Jane will be starring in and directing a second 3-D horror film called Devil’s Commandos. The movie is co-written by Todd Farmer and Tim Bradstreet, with Farmer the scribe behind next month’s My Bloody Valentine 3-D. Farmer says the story comes from the warped mind of Bradstreet, who originally wanted Farmer to write it himself. “Turns out, not only can Timmy draw,” Farmer says, “his noodle churns out some rockin’ ideas. Who knew? But I told him if I wrote the thing he wouldn’t get any credit. He’d end up as a footnote somewhere. So I suggested he write it with me.“ The film should start production after Jane finishes his “Hung” commitment for HBO. Devil’s Commandos “is about a WWII commando unit sent on a rescue mission. Pretty straight forward. Except for the part where hell opens up and they have to fight Satan’s army.” Farmer was also kind enough to pass along a faux poster for the film and it is awesome. If the movie ends up being even half as cool as this artwork then we’re in for an incredible ride.

Source: Thomas Jane Leads ‘The Devil’s Commandos’ Straight Into Hell

Thomas Jane, one of our favourites here at JoBlo.com, will direct and star in DEVIL'S COMMANDOS. Writer Todd Farmer (MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D) will adapt the story by Tim Bradstreet (The Punisher). He told STYD:

"Devil's Commandos is a Tim Bradstreet (The Punisher) story... Turns out, not only can Timmy draw, his noodle churns out some rockin' ideas. Who knew? But I told him if I wrote the thing he wouldn't get any credit. He'd end up as a footnote somewhere. So I suggested he write it with me. Tom will star and direct in 3-D to follow his Dark Country debut. Plan is to start after Tom wraps Hung.

DEVIL'S COMMANDOS is about a WWII commando unit sent on a rescue mission. Pretty straight forward. Except for the part where hell opens up and they have to fight Satan's army."

Yep, this is why we love the guy. I almost don't remember THE SWEETEST THING. Almost.

Extra Tidbit: Click on the pic to see the first piece of artwork from the film.

Source: Jane is a Commando

Jeez, you say one little thing to a guy who runs a website . . . . :)

Crazy how this stuff gets picked up.

Looks like folks are digging the concept.

It gets way cooler . . . trust me.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Ofcourse folks are digging it! ;) The truth is people are desperate for this kind of labor of love, and this kind of material.

Just like Malone, I feel this is the kind of project you sit around with your buddies and talk about wanting someone to make. It just has that feel for me.

I'm not a big fan of past films in 3D either, partially because watching films in 3D gives me migrain headaches, some times motion sickness, and makes my eyes water like I'm balling. It's a medical thing I found about after visiting Disney with family, and trying to watch some of the 3D stuff in the park really messed with me.

Anyway, that won't stop me from putting on the glasses for My Bloody Valentine, Dark Country, or Devil's Commandos!! I am looking forward to seeing where the technology goes too, and if I can watch the newer stuff without trouble.

Back in my hard core gaming days, this was the stuff of dreams. Used to play a game called Chill and THIS concept was one of our first games and it was fabulous. One of those you remember for a lifetime. This film will be epic.

I'm not a big fan of past films in 3D either, partially because watching films in 3D gives me migrain headaches, some times motion sickness, and makes my eyes water like I'm balling. It's a medical thing I found about after visiting Disney with family, and trying to watch some of the 3D stuff in the park really messed with me.

Anyway, that won't stop me from putting on the glasses for My Bloody Valentine, Dark Country, or Devil's Commandos!! I am looking forward to seeing where the technology goes too, and if I can watch the newer stuff without trouble.

Well as Todd Farmer mentioned in the MBV 3D thread, Valentine is only playing in 3D on 1000 screens 'cause that's all there really is right now, and in 2D on the rest.

So people should have options when it comes to viewing. As with Dark Country, the idea for Commandos is to shoot it in 3D 'cause . . . Why not? Either way we have one camera shooting 2D. While I'd expect there to be several shots created especially for the 3D experience in Commandos, for the most part we tend to think of 3D as an immersive experience rather more than for the sheer gimmickry. We just want to put you IN the action, whether that's sitting around taking 5, lighting up and smoking a quickly rolled tobacco jacket, or tossing you into the heat of battle. When you see this new 3D live-action it really will blow your mind at how much depth it creates.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Well as Todd Farmer mentioned in the MBV 3D thread, Valentine is only playing in 3D on 1000 screens 'cause that's all there really is right now, and in 2D on the rest.

Yeah, even though 3D messes with me, I will drive 50 miles out of my way to see a film the way the filmmakers intended for it to be seen. So, I really do want to see these films in 3D, and this being Atlanta I'm guessing we have to have at least 1 theater here that will show it MBV3D in 3d.

;)

I hope so anyway!

we tend to think of 3D as an immersive experience rather more than for the sheer gimmickry

Which is exactly why I want to see these flicks the right way. I'm dying to see how it's applied, how it was executed, and how it forwards the story along.

Njc--------

Which is exactly why I want to see these flicks the right way. I'm dying to see how it's applied, how it was executed, and how it forwards the story along.

Njc--------

Interesting that you say that. MBV3D has that immersive quality...but the technology is SO new that writers don't know what they don't know. I sure didn't. But I do now. Because EVERYTHING changes. Your focus as a viewer changes. Things you would never have thought would stand out...STAND OUT. I recall we had no choice but make changes in editing because scenes would play differently with such drastic 3D. Writing for 3D WILL change. I've caught myself doing it with Devil's. Doing it without really thinking about it.

And the first few years will be a struggle. Because if I wrote like this for a non-3D director, he'd cut what I've done. Wouldn't get it. Lussier gets it. Tom gets it.

It's not as drastic as talkies but it's drastic. It's WAY more than stuff flying at your face.

I am really excited about this movie. Ever since I was a kid I have been a fan of the War in the Pacific during World War II. I even tried to use American Heritage history books like "Guadalcanal" for my first book reports in 2nd grade. This movie is going to take place in a little known, but significant part of WWII history and mix in some things that are out there!!

Considering the people involved with this project I am sure this one wont let anyone down.

Mike

This film is going to be epic. I love war films and I love horror, what more can I say?

So glad this film is getting off the ground, when I first heard about it thought it was a joke.

Regards,

MuseDawg

If any are interested we have a new fan page for The Devil's Commandos up on Facebook.

Would love to have all our forum members join us in support.

Naturally we'll keep you all posted here as well.

The Devil's Commandos on Facebook

Things are going very well and with any luck we'll have some new news to share soon.

- TB

Done...and I found a lot of other RAW goers and evil doers on the fellow fans list. Invites to all and if I missed you, buzz me.

This film is going to be fucking fantastic.