Tim Bradstreet

The Devil's Commandos

If you missed our booth at the San Diego Comicon this year, you missed this.

DevilsCommandossdcc.jpg

More to come.

- TB

Copied from the "Voyage to Savage Planet and The Devils Commandos" thread topic in the Jane section.

I do really wish we could be more forthcoming about The Devil's Commandos.

About all I can tell you right now is that I came up with the story a little while back.

I showed it to Tom and I showed it to our screenwriter pal Todd Farmer.

They both fell in love with it. Over the next few days we all discussed the possibilities.

Tom and I thought Todd would be the ideal guy to do the screenplay.

It was written as a vehicle for Tom but he not only wants to star, he also wants to make it his next feature as a director.

That blew me away.

We've shot it into the pipeline ahead of all our other film stuff.

Todd actually turned down a very lucrative writing gig so he could give it his full attention.

That's how devoted we all are to it.

Todd and I are working on the screenplay as we speak and we've got people who are very interested in it already.

We think we have something very special here so right now it's important to keep the details of the story in lock-down mode.

In a nutshell, it's Combat! meets The Twilight Zone.

And that's about as much information as we can divulge at this stage.

Please stand by, all will be revealed in good time.

Check the Commandos forum link for the official thread.

- TB

SO THIS IS THE FAMOUS TIM BRADSTREET/TODD FARMER FIASCO.

It sounds fuckin AWESOME.

I didn't expect this outta you Street.

If I can come out of the theatre with that feeling of absolute dread, I'll be stoked.

What's gonna be the genre feel?

Noir?

70s horror like The Devil's Rain?

80s John Carpenter horror?

-TL

I know what I want it to be, whether it works out that way is really up to Tom, Todd, and I having the same vision for it. If we can shoot it independent for 15M or under we'll have a lot to say about that. If it goes to the big cats we may have to bend to a different vision. We're all wanting to keep it small and keep control. But an offer you can't refuse is an offer you can't refuse. ;)

Sorry I can't be more specific about how I would describe the style. That too is under the proprietary blanket of darkness until this is much farther along.

- TB

Is this going to be in Shock Festival by any chance? My younger brothers are in the military, and I raised them on Zombie flicks. They are freaking out over the poster. How you do not get more poster gigs is beyond me Tim. Good stuff.

Guest AdminGuyX

I saw this poster in the background of a few pictures.

;)

Very nice guys. Very nice.

These are the kinds of flicks we need more of!!!

The poster is not in Shock Festival. That's Stephen's thing.

Don't want to get into weird rights issues with IDW who is publishing.

Stephen did help me age the poster though.

I did the image while working on Shock and Stephen was gracious enough to lend a hand.

I wanted the poster to look like they dug it up out of a warehouse along with some interesting film canisters.

Like The Devil's Commandos was shot in the 40's and recently unearthed along with all the original promotion.

The aged, water damaged, moldy, folded look is something I want on all of our marketing.

And if I see that technique stolen by another film before Devil's makes it out I'm going to be getting irate with some mother fuckers.

I wish I could show off the original credit block with my wish list of actors and technicians.

Don't want to ruffle feathers though. We went the safe route for the public version and reduced it to the principle gang.

I'm glad to know that the basic initial concept is enough to get folks excited, it would me.

As time passes throughout this next year we'll be able to get a little more specific with things.

Just want to get things into production and out of development first.

- TB

It's a delicate love story about a man and his gun.

Yea, that poster totally sells that. War is hell= Love story. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more from this movie!

Guest AdminGuyX

Originally posted by Mike V:

This looks very cool, here's hoping you guys can get it off the ground.

I removed some off topic posts, started a new thread for them.

End of edit----------------------

:)

Thank you.

No dirt! Unless I'm digging a foxhole...or more likely...a grave.

We broke the story just before Comicon. Although we've toyed with script pages Bradstreet and I wanted to cauterize other open wounds before we officially dove into the script. For me, Bloody Valentine has wrapped and I watched an early cut this week. Amazing! I'm checking out an early cut of Messengers II next week. Clock Tower starts shooting in Michigan come September and I just turned in the final draft of Monkey's Paw today. This is great news. This means nothing but me, Bradstreet, a bottle of Blue label and the Devil's Commandos! I can't wait!

Mr. Farmer! So, did they use your original Messengers script, or was another one used? I thought I heard that you original script for the first film was way watered down and that on second thought, they wanted to use it as a sequel.

Can't wait for The Devil's Commandos. This thing has "crazy cool" written all over it. Bring on the guns, monsters, blood and grit!

No dirt! Unless I'm digging a foxhole...or more likely...a grave.

We broke the story just before Comicon. Although we've toyed with script pages Bradstreet and I wanted to cauterize other open wounds before we officially dove into the script. For me, Bloody Valentine has wrapped and I watched an early cut this week. Amazing! I'm checking out an early cut of Messengers II next week. Clock Tower starts shooting in Michigan come September and I just turned in the final draft of Monkey's Paw today. This is great news. This means nothing but me, Bradstreet, a bottle of Blue label and the Devil's Commandos! I can't wait!

Blue Label?

I'm there.

Farmer Rocks!

- TB

"In a nutshell, it's Combat! meets The Twilight Zone.

And that's about as much information as we can divulge at this stage.

Please stand by, all will be revealed in good time."

You had me at "The Twilight Zone". :D

Looking forward to this one, too.

Man, one pic and big project after the other- do you guys ever get any rest?!

Lin

You had me at "The Twilight Zone". :D

Looking forward to this one, too.

Man, one pic and big project after the other- do you guys ever get any rest?!

Lin

When you are in a love affair, the last thing that crosses your mind is rest.

"You had me at "The Twilight Zone". :D"

And I didn't have you at COMBAT! ?

Sgt. Saunders mate, Vic fucking Morrow.

"Littlejohn, get up on that ridge with the BAR!"

The fantastic, or genre elements of this tale would mean zero without rooting the world of The Devil's Commandos in an honest, believable dramatic setting.

We get that right and the rest of it will fall into place. Think Samuel Fuller's The Big Red One and it might make better sense (if you've seen it that is).

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Think Samuel Fuller's The Big Red One and it might make better sense (if you've seen it that is).

And if you haven't GO BUY IT. You don't need to rent it. Just go buy the damn thing.

It sounds like it's going to be an awesome undertaking to do this movie, and I can't wait to see the results! :D

Jen

Guest FADoss
I wish I could show off the original credit block with my wish list of actors and technicians.

Don't want to ruffle feathers though. We went the safe route for the public version and reduced it to the principle gang.

- TB

Tim,

Wish no more, I'm presently available. I'll hook you up with my agent... We'll do lunch. :) Seriously, WWII horror...with Tom Jane and Tim Bradstreet...I could die and go to heaven.

Fred

The poster looks brutal. I think this movie should be extremely violence to justify the poster.

Hope that this film will be released in germany. We have a "LITTLE" problem with violence but no problem with n*d*t*.

Thats quite funny.

An PG 13 movie like Max Payne is in germany from 18.

A R-Rated movie like Basic Instinct is from 12.