Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

And I want Gainer's avatar!!!!!!

Jealously is such an unattractive trait.

But in the immortal words of Ash (not Bruce Campbell), "We're still collating" . . .

Which really has nothing to do with anything, it's just a line from the movie I remember.

OK, maybe sleep is a good idea.

- TB

Speaking of avatars, I'm just doing this throw-away post to see if the avatar I just added is working.

Bugger. It's not! The personal photo in your profile is not the same as your avatar?

Nomad

No, it works . . .

Is that Ruth Buzzi?

You ARE twisted.

- tb

It works now. No! It's Titus Pullo (Ray Stevenson) and the lovely Gaia (Zuleikha Robinson) in their famous kitchen table scene. :P And of course I'm twisted! I'm a Punisher fan!

Nomad

Guest FADoss
STEVE GAINER TO THE RESCUE!!!

-TL

So TL WASN'T RIGHT. :)

Nomad,

Slow down there. Tom had the courage in this business to walk away from a film and burn some bridges in the process because he felt they were KILLING the character. You MAY be right that it's a completely different film, but like I tell TL, until we see it in Dec we won't know for sure, unless you can provide me with the script Jane walked from AND the shooting script at present.

I've heard folks say that the present script is unrecognizable. I've heard them say they changed a couple things. SO, until it comes out I'm not going to pretend to be smart on it. Look at STEVE'S recent post (you are a GODSEND and I still really want premier tickets :P) and look how quickly someone in the KNOW can call BULLSHIT with all these stupid rumors going around.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I doubt we'll see Steve's post ANYWHERE on the "Truth" website. Isn't that called irony?

OH, and Arsh SUCKS for not liking War Journal. :P Take that fatty. :)

Fred

OH, and Arsh SUCKS for not liking War Journal. :P Take that fatty. :)

I'm not fat, there's just a lot more of me to love... you know, for the ladies.

I cannot understand at all why you like War Journal. Please explain this to me.

I'm not fat, there's just a lot more of me to love... you know, for the ladies.

I cannot understand at all why you like War Journal. Please explain this to me.

I like it because it's good to see Frank back in the 616 Universe. It's a throw back to Frank's old days. Don't get me wrong, I love Ennis' real-world take on the character in the MAX series, but War Journal is Frank how he was when he would fight cyborgs and Warlock Devil Worshipers. Sure, it may be corny and goofy at times, but corn and goof aren't really things that are new to the Punisher.

Michael Wandmacher's stuff is mostly electronic.

The vibe I felt was not unlike Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica work.

Samples are a bitch though, 30 seconds is so little and I'm not in a purchasing mood.

A lot of what I listened to sounded like underscore for the most part. I checked out Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor.

Still, samples never tell the whole story. There definitely seems to be some nice stuff in there though.

I'm not picking up a lot of bombastic tracks, it's more moody and atmospheric, which is good too.

The Punisher may bring the Tiger out of him.

- TB

I don't know about the Bear McCreary vibe, for me at least. If anything the Cry Wolf score reminded me of Charlie Clouser.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I doubt we'll see Steve's post ANYWHERE on the "Truth" website. Isn't that called irony?

I love irony... Steve's post is a great addition to PWZ Truth. I'm very happy that the rumored 82 minute run time was somewhat shorter than the current edit. What I don't like is that a lot of posters here (not Guard #1 in particular) hate this film, and love jumping on board for the "trainwreck" quotes that Gainer is taking issue with about Lexi's work.

Anyhow, I don't particularly like being here, but I thought maybe you all could use a touch of clarification.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond, fuck it, there's a thing called opinion. People are entitled to it, I read the script and didn't like it, I thought Green Street Hooligans was crap, so yeah it was easier for me to think the movie could be bad.

The sad thing is that the guy who shot the fucking thing was able to be nice and civil with our "ilk" about all our disagreements and worries about the movie, and you were just an ass with a fucked up sense of entitlement.

Nomad apparently never read the first Warzone draft to see the light of day.

It has SOOO many similarities to the current FILM (Trailer 1, 2 and 3) that I still can't believe some people that DID read that script are expecting this to be completely different.

Mike - you need to e-mail Fred and Nomad a copy of that Warzone script you have, so Fred can see NOTHING changed in terms of re-inventing the story.

After the most recent developments, I'm expecting Warzone to hit DVD shelves this December.

-TL

After the most recent developments, I'm expecting Warzone to hit DVD shelves this December.

-TL

Ever the optimist ;)

x0x0 - TB

I love irony... Steve's post is a great addition to PWZ Truth. I'm very happy that the rumored 82 minute run time was somewhat shorter than the current edit. What I don't like is that a lot of posters here (not Guard #1 in particular) hate this film, and love jumping on board for the "trainwreck" quotes that Gainer is taking issue with about Lexi's work.

Anyhow, I don't particularly like being here, but I thought maybe you all could use a touch of clarification.

To be fair, the folks here have been understandably concerned about recent reports. They are reacting to that, just as I would have to assume that SHH, Newsarama, etc . . . are reacting. Luckily we have the benefit of having Steve Gainer give us some truth from his perspective. For sure there are folks who expect the movie to be crud, but that's the nature of any forum where opinions are shared. I think if you look back you will find many who share your hope and love for Warzone. Most people are simply tired of the argument, either side. They just want to see the movie.

- tB

Most people are simply tired of the argument, either side. They just want to see the movie.

You could say that again. I'm back after a few days of vacation and there are at least a half dozen more pages on this thread. I can't bring myself to read it all, but I guess I'll go back and look to see what Gainer wrote. The cinematography is all that interests me about this flick now, anyway.

k-skye

I don't know about the Bear McCreary vibe, for me at least. If anything the Cry Wolf score reminded me of Charlie Clouser.

Remember - I'm speaking purely from a quick listen. It's an unfair assessment, but my intent was to get people to go over and listen for themselves as Mike has apparently done. I did hear similarities to McCreary in some tracks though, but I also heard similarities to John Powell and even Trevor Rabin.

Again, these comparisons are somewhat unfair to the artist in question. I am not attempting to imply his work is derivative either.

Just saying what I was getting from it from a brief sample.

- tB

"I think if you look back you will find many who share your hope and love for Warzone."

To have hope and love for Warzone is to support low quality films with no real story to tell.

There's a guy in this Board that's always saying "Demand more from your entertainment. YOU have the power."

Warzone is the reason statements like that are born.

-TL

touche.

But I have spoken at length about that concerning this film in these very pages.

- TB

Never said you didn't.

Let's just say that last post was directed at the people STILL in denial about Warzone.

I just used your savvy as a trigger.

-TL

All we've heard about the movie is simple heresay rumors by internet websites. Hearing that Lexi is off, now she's on, the movie was unwatchable, but Frank Miller liked it, that Gale Ann Hurd herself is re-editing the film, the Warzone was cut to PG-13...

I'm sorry, but until I see the film itself I refuse to believe in any of these rumors :) And IF Lexi was fired as soon as shooting wrapped, I think we could have all seen a massive lawsuit at LGF, and, say all you want about the suits, nobody would be stupid enough to cut Warzone to a pg-13. That would leave a grand total of 5 minutes to the film - the opening and ending credits.

In the mean time: Tim Bradstreet Vs Thomas Logan in a bareknuckle fistfight to the death. MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAT!

ALL the stuff you mentioned involving Lexi getting kicked off (according to her Blog she's out cold) and Hurd playing the Villain pertains to the RELEASE of Warzone.

What REALLY matters is the MEANING of Warzone ---> A very mediocre and cheesy script.

*As for me and Street, We'd end up holding up shots of bourbon to Steve McQueen and talkin shit about westerns for hours.

The only fight there to see is over who's driving.

-TL

Guest FADoss

You're a bigger man than I thought and my hat goes off to you for it. I really don't understand the potshot(at least I take it as a potshot) about the guard #1 thing. Can you elaborate on how that's a bad thing...or a thing to be mocked?

Kevin, what I love about you...and some of the other folks running around here is you are SO quick to jump on board as soon as a negative rumor comes out about a film. Steve just put to bed a dozen or so rumors that had you posting HATE stuff on your board. Doesn't that make you feel silly...posting all that hateful crap based on RUMORS that Steve (someone who KNOWS stuff) shot down in ONE POST on here? It should.

Anyway...the negativity police can have their War Zone crossburnings. And TL, I WILL BE THE FIRST TO CALL THIS FILM SHIT COME DECEMBER IF IT DESERVES IT!

I just realize the detriment that all this will have to the Punisher film franchise if the film flops. It will be 10+ years before we see more Punisher...at least that's my fear...if it bombs (unless they do direct to DVD low budget flicks).

Anyway, I apologize for all the hateful shit I said. Knee jerk reaction to someone coming on here and flapping their mouths in a negative direction against a couple of folks who I feel have been honest and open regarding the film in question, have done more for the Punisher than ANYONE ELSE POSTING HERE (Steve gets a nod here) and allow even you, Kevin, to come here and post pretty much unhindered.

Not that they need defended by guard #1.

Fred

I think the last thing Kevin deserves is an apology Fred.

This shows someone can come in here, step on you, get away with it (he wasn't banned) and still get an apology from YOU.

WTF???

Let me remind you Kevin is a little underaged brat that has clearly dodged his way through life's horrors by being one himself behind his computer.

By apologizing to him, you are basically prolonguing his dickhead behavior and demonstrating in the future he can once again fuck with an older, physically capable and mentally superior man and still GET AWAY WITH IT.

-TL

DeathSpider Embryo is your current rank in the Board for having less than a few hundred posts.

Your next promotion will be to Larva.

Then comes Pupa, and then comes Imago.

-TL