Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Mike - They ARE seals of approval - for cheese.

And that means "An action film so ridiculous and over the top, it can be amusing to watch."

Not in ANY way better than a serious crime drama.

What do you prefer $70.00 prime rib or $.99 cheeseburger?

-TL

I think Lions Gate just wanted to get a movie made, cheaply.

Frank Miller said he was making a serious movie from The Spirit, and that look unintentionally hilarious. I'd say the same thing can apply to Punisher: War Zone.

I agree with you, LGF needed to get this movie made in whatever shape or form. Shit or dogshit. They didn't care.

I knew this to be the truth when they decided to shoot a script that seems to be almost identical to the script Jane turned down.

Its my theory, that Lexi used 80s cheese to try and save it.

I don't think it worked since LGF is obviously unhappy with the concept.

Or are they?

*I will no longer believe ANYTHING Gale Anne Hurd says.

-TL

I think The Punisher: WarZone shouldnt be condemned before it hits the cinema. Give this movie a chance. At least its not directed by UWE BOLL. (For all who dont know Uwe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll or http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/) I know that you all wishes that TJ wouldnt be replaced but it is how it is. Common The Punisher Franchise could get a worse Frank Castle replacement for example with Ice Cube or Vin Diesel :lol:

Guest FADoss

You jest, but remember that Punisher went black for a few issues back in the day...due to being fragged up by Jigsaw. I can see the sequel to War Zone already.

Fred

Forum Edit - I've removed some the main offensive comments and am trying to leave enough so that the following discussion has bearing. - TB

I haven't hung around here in quite awhile and have lost nothing for it. It's too bad for the fans of Punisher comics that somebody I used to have respect for (as recently as 2007), Thomas Jane, has such a chip on his shoulder... even Tim Bradstreet sits idly by while Lexi Alexander twists in the wind... somebody he praised and collaborated with in what sounds like significant detail. What the fuck is going on here? Did you at least make sure that Joe Drake and Gale Anne Hurd kissed Frank Castle before you let them fuck him?

Forum Edit - I'm doing additional cleaning, so if your post was edited or deleted I hope you understand. - TB

Kev - Don't come around here slinging this. - Prior comments both ways have been edited.

If you want to speak of your anger or frustration then please do so with civility.

If RAW holds nothing of value for you then I'm curious as to why you would step in here in an insulting manner. - Prior comments both ways have been edited.

You don't agree with TJ's feelings then that's cool. You lost respect for him then that's your right. But do not come in here and assume you know what his motives are.

You can speak to your anger on your own turf.

I haven't hung around here in quite awhile and have lost nothing for it. It's too bad for the fans of Punisher comics that somebody I used to have respect for (as recently as 2007), Thomas Jane, has such a chip on his shoulder... even Tim Bradstreet sits idly by while Lexi Alexander twists in the wind... somebody he praised and collaborated with in what sounds like significant detail. What the fuck is going on here? Did you at least make sure that Joe Drake and Gale Anne Hurd kissed Frank Castle before you let them fuck him?

What is it exactly that you think I should do on behalf of Lexi that she isn't quite capable of handling herself? I do praise her. If I was working for her I would go to war for her. Do you expect me to jump on the GPA bandwagon and take part in the ugly slander-fest of Gale Anne Hurd? It's not only reprehensible it's also inaccurate and as off-base as it could be. Is that what passes for supporting Lexi? Dude, I want nothing further to do with the drama that some of the internet Punisher community is pushing beyond the point of ridiculousness. This is not high school.

- TB

It's kinda my fault, I pointed him over to some posts. Though I figured there would be some civility if he decided to respond to them not this.

No, have you read any of my posts from a few pages back about the whole PWZ Truth stuff?

It's kinda my fault, I pointed him over to some posts. Though I figured there would be some civility if he decided to respond to them not this.

Well I'm all for listening to and communicating with people who have a difference of opinion.

But coming into the RAW boards and making rude and confrontational personal comments about Tom is just ridiculous.

Quite against our forum rules of conduct. He could have gotten his point across without resorting to flame and anger.

Had he done that we'd be having an interesting discussion.

- TB

that's because people still keep asking about it.

First of all kevin, as a Punisher fan I think the "truth" website is embarrassing, reads like the work of a deranged conspiracy theorist. You have no solid evidence to back your claims against Gale Anne Hurd, you're jumping to conclusions way too soon. The reworked video of her IGN interview is seriously lame, I mean who doesn't stutter or fumble words while being recorded on the spot.

Kevin, sitting behind a computer and spamming Lionsgate from your Punisher fan-site is nothing compared to the mental/physical preparation needed to portray Frank Castle the way TJ wanted to. Did he bail?? Put yourself in his shoes, maybe there's more important things in life that you have to put ahead of everything else.

Forum Edit

Why would you come back over here to bash on these guys? We all respect an opinion if it is put appropriately. Don't be bringing that dirty shit over here. We may clash heads here with each other from time to time but I assure you we don't speak with hate.

Forum Edit - Tim... did you see anything LG passed along about Lexi, to character assassination sites like IESB.net, Joe Drake's chief minions? That her film was a trainwreck, that Gale Anne Hurd was saving it from disaster, that the dialogue was unimaginable? You know as well as I do that LG and even Hurd saw everything Lexi did along the way... there's no way that film, with that many people watching, came out to be something they didn't expect.

Where were you when she was the one being wailed on by the slander campaign hammer? Difference is, her own bosses threw her to the dogs... I'm glad you mentioned needing to work for somebody, because money is what I see all over your angle.

Forum Edit

That kind of behavior seems to reflect the same childishness on display at the PWZ Truth page. I'm actually somewhat surprised that someone isn't taking steps to have that material removed. There are a lot of ways to lend your support to Warzone and make yourself heard. But it usually helps to start with facts, not assumptions. The material on display there is nothing short of juvenile. I can't even imagine what their kids must think of seeing their parents made targets of in such a way. Have a little decency, or at the very least, dignity. Put yourself in their position. Think about your own kids (or parents) having to see such hateful vitriol aimed at you.

You talk about support but your tactics are the work of a vindictive child with adult tools to work with.

Guest FADoss

Kevin, Forum Edit (Fred disagrees) . . . and THAT comes from someone who has consistently argued from the perspective of giving this film a break. And as for your website, Forum Edit . . . I don't agree with the decisions regarding Lexi, IF the rumors are even true, Forum Edit

Can't you see that JANE has a very personal stake in this franchise and was pissed on by the studio for trying to make the sequel a great film?

Forum Edit

Fred

HAHAHAHAHA. I'm not sure why I'm laughing. :P I have seen that site, and it is pretty childish, just my opinion. I was kind of disappointed with some of the Comments that Jane made, and I may have lost a little respect for him, but I still like the guy as an actor, and he seems to be a pretty good guy. I'll still watch his movies. I'll still watch War zone when it comes out. I need to see things for myself. If I payed attention to reviews and shit I wouldn't have went to see the 04 punisher. I'm rambling again. Good bye for now.