Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Arsh, so did Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Steve McQueen, Lee Marvin, Robert DeNiro...

Back in those days action was intelligent.

Jane and Hensleigh made an intelligent Punisher movie (Death Wish) and wanted an intelligent Punisher II (Taxi Driver).

Lexi was given a shit script and she figured out a way to make it BADASS.

She went Norris on it.

I've been watching the "R" Trailer ALL FUCKIN DAY.

Can't wait to hit the gym.

-TL

*Noeland, the critics are KILLING Warzone and I think their hate for 80s action is what got Lexi booted.

It's Steve Gainers fault. Gainer is the carrier.

He turned TL around by seducing him with promises of help, and by telling him the movie was ultra violent!!!

GAINER . . . burn GAINER!!!!!!

. . . do we have a witch burning at the stake emoticon? . . . .

:P

In all seriousness, I was not bothered by the heavy metal footage, or the new trailer. It's still the colors that put me off. BUT I wanted to see this before, I want to see it now. The ONLY reason I'm questioning it now is LGF's treatment of Lexi (whom I always thought was a fine choice - go ahead and read 60 pages ago and see) in that I'm not sure I want to support a studio that does these things. I may never see an LGF release again.

Given that we don't know the details of her being booted off the project. Maybe LGF was justified. I don't know, but from where I'm sitting right now, and from what I've read (grain of salt included) it seems unjust.

And, I'm not sure I agree TL, that Lexi made such a throwback to the 80's as you content, but I do see your points.

The film feels current to me stylistically, it's just over the top. Which may work against it as Shoot 'em up did.

I LOVE Tim's poster of course. Ray just jumps off the screen at you. That Tim guy sure can kick you in the teeth when he puts brush to vellum.

It's not the punisher film I was hoping for, in tone, in story, or even in the way the violence is depicted. But as I've said 3 or 4 times in this thread, I'm not holding that against it. I still want to watch it, and the new footage certainly didn't change that. I didn't find myself wanting to see it any less.

:)

Heavy metal just works for this kind of film IMHO. I've come to expect it in trailers and promo reels. I like heavy metal. I'd use it in a film if I thought it worked for the scene, or the tone of the picture.

Ha! That's just silly, why I know nothing of Aliens and Pods, and Studio Execs, and....oh crap...wait, I'm getting a transmission from the Mothership....

Yes, tell us, we can handle anything, short of not knowing!

I was really down yesterday, but I feel a bit better now, after having watched the fantastic red band dozens of times. Who knew that trailer would have such a healing effect?

Lexi or no Lexi in the editing room, the fotage is in the can, how badly can they possibly fuck it up?

Also, check out the responses to the red band trailer on youtube. Critics might well hate it, but the audince loves it

Does anyone know when Tim will be back on the boards? Maybe he can shed some light on this whole Lexi being canned thing.

I doubt he knows anything, he was hired to make a poster, that was the extent of his participation to the production.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I was just wondering if someone at the comic con might have mentioned something to him, but probably not. I hope we'll find out this week.

Pizza Face is going to be chewing a lot of scenery in this movie.

pwz2os9.png

"Peek-a-boo!"

picture3uk1.png

I fuckin hate that those LGF pricks made us wait over a year to find out what kinda movie this was gonna be.

I duked it out with soooo many people here on RAW over a pointless debate about the quality of the film.

They honestly lied to everyone with those interviews, making it sound like what Favreau did with IRON MAN and sometimes as far as what Nolan did with BATMAN.

I woulda jumped on this wacky 80s cheese from day 1 if these IDIOTS would have announced it.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, even if Tim did know what happened I wouldn't think it his place to make it public, or even comment on it beyond his opinion, which he may not want to share. It's the kind of thing people involved in the production probably shouldn't be commenting on anyway.

And with Jigsaw, I'm finding that I like the closeups where you can see the details of his scars much more than the wider shots where he looks almost like fabric or leather.

I have a strong feeling that after seeing the footage at SDCC Mr. Bradstreet is not gonna be so accepting of this movie.

At least when he's not being watched.

From hearing his podcasts and reading his posts, he's not a big cheese follower.

I love cheese because I feel its a genre like drama, comedy and horror.

Let's see what he has to say.

-TL

There's alotta good cheese out there, and this is lookin like very good cheese.

I love Jigsaw's scream when he falls into the glass cutter.

Sets the tone for the film.

-TL

There's alotta good cheese out there, and this is lookin like very good cheese.

I love Jigsaw's scream when he falls into the glass cutter.

Sets the tone for the film.

-TL

Cheese is one thing, a terrible film is another.

I just want Frank's character treated seriously. That's all I'm asking. Treat him seriously and treat him right. Everything else around him is almost secondary to me.

Dude, how the fuck did this happen?

Please don't tell me we've switched places.

Look, you gotta look at this the right way - One liners, hundreds of dead bodies, thousands of rounds flying all over the place, Jigsaw makin wisecracks...

Don't seek an "A" film with Warzone.

It will dissapoint the fuck outta you. Forget about a character study. Cherish the little emotion we will get outta this.

I'm ready for my 80s nostalgia trip. I won't be lookin for anything more - which is what I thought they were claiming to be offering.

Enjoy the action, enjoy the blood and give in to your love of good old macho action.

If you have any.

"Alright, what's it gonna be...Pepperjack or Jalapeno???"

jigsaw6ot5.png

-TL

Dude, how the fuck did this happen?

Please don't tell me we've switched places.

I think you might be onto something with that theory about me opposing you just for the sake of opposing you...

Look, you gotta look at this the right way - One liners, hundreds of dead bodies, thousands of rounds flying all over the place, Jigsaw makin wisecracks...

I would love that, honest.

Don't seek an "A" film with Warzone.

It will dissapoint the fuck outta you. Forget about a character study. Cherish the little emotion we will get outta this.

All I want is Frank Castle treated right. Like in MAX. I don't want early 90s Castle.

I'm ready for my 80s nostalgia trip. I won't be lookin for anything more - which is what I thought they were claiming to be offering.

I was born in the tail end of the 80s, so...

Besides, I was raised more on comedy than on action films... which probably explains my disposition towards the humour there...

Enjoy the action, enjoy the blood and give in to your love of good old macho action.

If you have any.

I do, I just don't want the character of Frank Castle to be Arnold or Chuck. Frank Castle always has been a very specific character. He's a narrow character, he's not a broad 80s action hero.

Ok, if the rest of the film is all 80s style, with the wisecracking baddies, the huge amount of death and destruction, etc, I am fine with that. In fact, I will probably love it.

I just want Castle treated right. And I think he is being treated right. In the three trailers thus far, Frank Castle has been the solemn, sobering presence on screen, the still object among the chaos.

I am still looking forward to this movie.

I was just irked that the studio took control away from Lexi is all.

"Alright, what's it gonna be...Pepperjack or Jalapeno???"

jigsaw6ot5.png

-TL

Dude, what's wrong with Arnold and Chuck???

They were BAD MOTHERFUCKERS.

COMMANDO

MISSING IN ACTION

THE TERMINATOR

CODE OF SILENCE

They weren't Oscar worthy, but there's a place for drama and a place for blood.

Sure we coulda gotten a Ledger-like Castle, but the script, the time, the money and the talent just wasn't there for that.

Jane tried to do the Bronson Punisher. You weren't diggin that too much cause you're not a big 70s guy.

Stevenson is gonna do the Dolph Punisher meets MAX.

MAX isn't exactly Pullizer Prize winning.

MAX is "B" material that's fun to read.

Warzone is a "B" movie that will be fun to watch.

-TL

*AND WE GOT NEWMAN AS MICRO!!!

Seriously I'm diggin the pun in that.

Dude, what's wrong with Arnold and Chuck???

They were BAD MOTHERFUCKERS.

COMMANDO

MISSING IN ACTION

THE TERMINATOR

I thought the Terminator was supposed to be a serious film...?

CODE OF SILENCE

They weren't Oscar worthy, but there's a place for drama and a place for blood.

Sure we coulda gotten a Ledger-like Castle, but the script, the time, the money and the talent just wasn't there for that.

Jane tried to do the Bronson Punisher. You weren't diggin that too much cause you're not a big 70s guy.

I wasn't digging it cause of some of the plot stuff. It's not that I don't like 70s films. I loved Taxi Driver and Dirty Harry. Death Wish (I only saw the first one) was pretty good. I loved Clint's westerns in that period as well.

Stevenson is gonna do the Dolph Punisher meets MAX.

I don't think Stevenson is doing Dolph. Dolph wasn't too bad from what I remember (I saw the movie ten years ago). Stevenson is doing MAX Punisher, straight. Jane did MK, and Dolph did Circle of Blood. Each one is a different incarnation (and each actor did a pretty good job).

MAX isn't exactly Pullizer Prize winning.

MAX is "B" material that's fun to read.

Whoa... you've actually read MAX? Because that statement you just made about MAX is just... insane. Not only is MAX fucking brilliant writing, it's some of the darkest and most brutal comics that you could read. It's not "fun" it's "dark", "depressing", and "dramatic". It's one of the best comics I've ever read.

Warzone is a "B" movie that will be fun to watch.

I'm not trying to disagree with that. I want to have a good time watching it, and I think that's what I'm gonna get. I like "B" movies as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is you, then my love can't match yours). I'm just saying that I want the inner essence of Castle retained. If he makes one liners on occasion, it's no biggie. Castle does the same in MAX once in a while.

-TL

*AND WE GOT NEWMAN AS MICRO!!!

Seriously I'm diggin the pun in that.

Yeah, it rocks.

I think Jane could have achieved the "A" Castle.

He wanted Taxi Driver and DeNiro got a Best Actor Nomination for that movie.

The man wanted to do with Castle what Ledger did with The Joker.

LGF IS GAY.

And they better not try to fuck up Lexi's 80s movie despite the bashing by critics.

*Since this is supposed to be MAX (somewhere in between the bullet storm) does that mean Micro's getting offed?

I'm hoping they don't kill him since this film (due to Lexi's departure) may be the end of the franchise.

-TL

You read the script, and you know not much seems to have been changed from the movie.

The script should have had this written under the title:

"The following script will be shot as an 80s action movie and is endorsed by The Dolph Lundgren Society."

Instead we had everybody from the film (except Steve Gainer and Dominic West) making it sound like something Chris Nolan wrote.

-TL