Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

They could include Frank, they just won't get serious with his weapons. I remember when I watched the Spider-Man cartoon as a kid it was rated for all ages and when the Punisher was in it, he had some cheesy ass unrealistic weapons.

More or less. Ray guns, lasers, goo guns... OH and a rocket launcher that causes Spider-Man to slide off of the building so he couldn't crawl on it.

They could include Frank, they just won't get serious with his weapons. I remember when I watched the Spider-Man cartoon as a kid it was rated for all ages and when the Punisher was in it, he had some cheesy ass unrealistic weapons.

I remember that. I thought he was portrayed pretty well in that series, minus the stupid guns, of course. He was still a bad ass, in a way. If they are going to do Frank in animation, it has to be adult oriented. Maybe some day.

Pretty much all the '90s Marvel cartoons and probably some recent ones used the laser guns. Batman: The Animated Series lucked out in that respect pulled some voodoo to be able to have guns in the show.

7845721b4279_Main400.jpg

MARVEL_SHS_PUNISHER_B_0.JPGMARVEL_SHS_PUNISHER_A_0.JPG

The current incarnations of Punisher in the Superhero Squad Toys. An auto shotgun, bazooka, badass pistol...and I think a couple SMGs...not bad.

Look how happy he is too! Man, its good to see him smile!

Would't you be happy after shooting a guys face off? :P

Why do they have all blue eyes? BRIGHT blue eyes at that. Must be the spice.

The Spice . . . never one drop of rain on Arrakis.

- tb

Good article on Jane. I'm pleased to know he still wants it to be done. Just like the little pipe dream he had for a trailer. GOD DAMN!

That's fuckin funny. Brussel Sprouts and Mac and Cheese haha

I'm actually wondering if there are any outtakes from the War Zone poster sessions that could possibly be posted? I'm genuinely curious to see them.

Its interesting too go back over this thread and see all the hopes,And ultimately the mixed response too the flick,I have too admit here that I'm really partial too this version of Frank on film..I've enjoyed all 3 films and Toms Dirty Laundry short,..Its heavily flawed as a film yes,but thats not just particular to this Punisher film..Much like Frank himself all the Punisher films have their problems 04 honestly the character work was awesome but the films paceing has always thrown me off a bit,.I love 04 anyways,Warzone would have benefited from more preproduction time its really the films problem more than anything it was great too see Frank finally in full on combat mode,Tom could've definately brought that aswell..but the absolute Warzone hate as a fan I don't get that..Sure The Tim Burtonesque Jack Napier too Joker scenes bugged the shit out of me,And as for Frank just walking down the street while barely being noticed,Theres a lot of wierdos in New York Frank just fits right in.Still I yearn for what couldve been with Tom.But I still love Warzone..

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, I think you do get it Adam if I may be forward. You see the issues, you just love the film despite them. The problems for me ran much deeper than the villain. It was the overall approach. Nothing wrong with liking a film despite others hating it. I loved Prometheus, and that has quickly become one of the most despised films of the year by many an alien fan. I see the same problems they do, I just love the film anyway.

I think I may have been one of the more vocal detractors here. I made my feelings pretty clear, or I hope I did. I don't want to just repeat what I've posted before.

If it makes any difference, I think your costume is awesome and you looks a whole lot like Ray. ;)

I don't want War Zone to be the last Punisher movie ever made. I truly hope Marvel brings Frank back for another cinematic go.

Yeah it would be very interesting to see what direction they would try too go next,I mean so far we got wierd aussie b movie with some great ideas in it,An emotionally deep revenge"O"drama flick with a smattering of great action beats and T.J. of course who nailed it,And a bloodthirsty ballz out brutal horror action comedy with another great lead...Take dirty luandry mix it in with the best bit's of the previous 3 films and some where in the middle of that stew is where the really tasty Punisher film is ..:)..And thanks for the compliment I worked really hard on that gear and had a great time wearing it a better head of hair comes next since I'm folicly challenged..:)

Guest AdminGuyX
a better head of hair comes next since I'm folicly challenged..

Hahaha, me too. My wife likes to tell me it's a sign of virility though. ;)

A lot o' forum history buried in this here thread. Lot a blood and tears shed here. To me, all the previous Punisher movies can go to hell in a handbasket. Give me a beer and 1.5 hours of Dirty Laundry and I'll cry myself to sleep a happy man.

Oh, and popcorn.

Two years later, still getting more info on this. This is an interview with Lexi on Moive Crypt (Adam Green and Joe Lynch). There is a pretty good story of some of the behind the scenes stuff and what could have been. It starts around the 36 minute part: http://geeknation.com/podcasts/the-movie-crypt-ep-80-director-lexi-alexander-part-1/

Whatever your thoughts are on the film, this is an interesting listen (all 2 hours), and you get an idea of what she walked into and what happened after. Lots of things covered here. The Punisher bit is only a few minutes, but the film's outcome is covered a lot.

Guest AdminGuyX

They really need to do a First Avenger/Cold in July riff with Frank. Set the next film in the early 80's. Make Frank a Vietnam vet. Make his adversaries challenging, intelligent, and formidable. Not cartoony. Hell, hire Jim Mickle to direct it. That guy seems like he would understand exactly what to do with Frank.

On the subject of Lexi, I really think she is capable of making something cool. She will hopefully get to have that moment where she connects with a script and it resonates for her. I think GSH was close, it's a good film, and maybe that's the film she will be remembered for. PWZ will not be, at least not for me. ;)

It's funny, I have not read the Sutter script but I remember Tom and even Sutter mentioning how much they hated it. When the guy who wrote it pipes in and says it was shit, then it really must have been Sutter wiping his ass with the character and cashing a check.

The interview was worth a listen though, thanks for the link.