Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Well, you still can do your own little gritty revenge yarn, basically what Punisher 2 would have been.

come on guys. it's just a pipe dream. a guy can dream, can't he?

It CAN happen Tom. Make it happen babe.

Guest AdminGuyX
come on guys. it's just a pipe dream. a guy can dream, can't he?

;)

You're the best of them Tom, and that isn't a dream.

I'm still dreaming. ;)

Just picked up the War Zone dvd... and a bottle of Drain-O.

I swear, unrelated purchases.

First time I watched the movie since it came out. After watching a bit of the dvd, I couldn't help but come up with some thoughts:

-Kind of humourous that the skull logo on the menu is from Jane's Punisher. Maybe just using the same templates from the extended cuts and noone picked up or cared about that.

-Hmm, Hardy Boyz theme in the making of. No idea why they put a WWE theme song there.

-No disrespect to Ray (I actually did like him the role a bit), but didn't Tom train with real rounds instead of BBs?

-Concerning the movie, I find it ironic that Jigsaw's demand on the shipment ($12 million) was more than the movie took in it's opening weekend.

-Take out the bit where Soap looks like he's asking out the fed, and I'm pretty happy with his part.

-Ok, I know Frank is in shock or whatever, but you would figure SOMEONE would notice a big guy in battle gear with shiny chrome guns walking down a New York street. Course, the skull didn't really stand out, so maybe noone figured he was the Punisher.

-Giggled a bit when Lexi is saying how true to the comics they are when Pittsy, Ink, and Maginty are watered down or made to jump around.

-If Frank was out of bullets after he shot Looney Bin, how did he shoot that mugger at the end? One could argue that he kept extra rounds, but you figure he'd have at least reloaded before enter the final round.

That said, I give you all the Punisher Ho-Down:

Hensleigh directs Tom who stars with Hutchison (in Malone) who also stars with Ray (War Zone) who is directed by Hensleigh (Irishman).

West hammed it up in War Zone and makes an appearance on Eminem's album who pretends to be Frank on a couple magazines and appears with the character in a dumb sounding comic. Doe see doe.

And Lexi, well, she should stick with kick boxing and stay away from directing.

Mmmm, Drain-O.

Just picked up the War Zone dvd... and a bottle of Drain-O.

I swear, unrelated purchases.

First time I watched the movie since it came out. After watching a bit of the dvd, I couldn't help but come up with some thoughts:

-Kind of humourous that the skull logo on the menu is from Jane's Punisher. Maybe just using the same templates from the extended cuts and noone picked up or cared about that.

-Hmm, Hardy Boyz theme in the making of. No idea why they put a WWE theme song there.

-No disrespect to Ray (I actually did like him the role a bit), but didn't Tom train with real rounds instead of BBs?

-Concerning the movie, I find it ironic that Jigsaw's demand on the shipment ($12 million) was more than the movie took in it's opening weekend.

-Take out the bit where Soap looks like he's asking out the fed, and I'm pretty happy with his part.

-Ok, I know Frank is in shock or whatever, but you would figure SOMEONE would notice a big guy in battle gear with shiny chrome guns walking down a New York street. Course, the skull didn't really stand out, so maybe noone figured he was the Punisher.

-Giggled a bit when Lexi is saying how true to the comics they are when Pittsy, Ink, and Maginty are watered down or made to jump around.

-If Frank was out of bullets after he shot Looney Bin, how did he shoot that mugger at the end? One could argue that he kept extra rounds, but you figure he'd have at least reloaded before enter the final round.

That said, I give you all the Punisher Ho-Down:

Hensleigh directs Tom who stars with Hutchison (in Malone) who also stars with Ray (War Zone) who is directed by Hensleigh (Irishman).

West hammed it up in War Zone and makes an appearance on Eminem's album who pretends to be Frank on a couple magazines and appears with the character in a dumb sounding comic. Doe see doe.

And Lexi, well, she should stick with kick boxing and stay away from directing.

Mmmm, Drain-O.

I dig this.

yep , did not buy it.

My buddy next flixed it. Boy it sucked Huge ASSSSSSS.

I felt guilty even watching it. But felt good getting my buddy to give it a one star. lowest grade u could give.

total waste of color film>

One more major point I have. Just one of those things where you can't remember if it actually happened until you see it again...

Frank totally shot that undercover Fed after he took a shit.

Seriously, all throughout the movie, I couldn't help but think that the little girl is befriending Frank, that the fed's partner and the bloody wife forgives him after he SHOT her father, his friend, and her husband and love of her life RIGHT AFTER THE POOR GUY JUST DONATED A TACO BELL BURRITO TO THE PORCELAIN GODS!

What a terrible way to go and be remembered. Hopefully he at least whiped.

Looks kind of fun, but why couldn't they make a sequel to the last Punisher game? That was so damn fun. And get Jane back to do the voice. He had the perfect Frank Castle voice in that game, and I loved how much he talked throughout the game. It makes the character seem so alive.

the new film will not have Punisher in the title. and when it goes into production, NO ONE will know it's a Punisher film. it'll be totally under wraps, no script will go out, no fanfare. the only time people will figure it out is during a trailer in front of a big summer movie - it'll look like a down and dirty, gritty action film starring Thomas Jane, and people will think, 'oh, he's dyed his hair black for this one.' and 'hey, he's wearing lot of black.' and the last shot, his jacket will blow open just enough, and there it'll be. the SKULL. he'll look right at the camera, pile of dead around him, blood on the walls. and someone off camera will say. "Welcome back, Frank. I see you've been busy."

My wife read this, and said, and I quote "So did they shoot the people who greenlit PWZ and finally gve it back to Thomas Jane?" :lol: That was good stuff. Seriously, I wish this would happen, I'd be ecstatic.

That's pretty cool actually.

I would love it if this was Marvel's answer to Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but odds of Marvel doing a really good animation series is pretty low.

LeVar Burton: James Rhodes

Robert Englund: Dormammu

Kevin Sorbo: Ka-Zar

Wow... I dunno whether to be impressed that these guys are getting these Voice Casting parts or suprised that Marvel is using the characters AND voicing them....

You had to know that Mark Hamill was in there someplace... As well as the illustrious Stan Lee :)

Guest AdminGuyX

Guys, did you look at the illustrations? They are making them into dwarves. This is going to suck like a fucking hoover.

Noeland...it's for the toy line...it's actually sold pretty well from what I've heard.

As for the casting, I was excited about:

Adrian Pasdar: Hawkeye.

Taye Diggs: Black Panther (would be a solid choice for a feature live-action film).

On another note, I'm so glad this thread is only being revived to talk about something other than the shitty film. ;)

I'm not really as concerned for the animation as I am the writing. Like I said, I would love it if it was Marvel's Batman: The Brave and the Bold, just a light and funny cartoon.

It's based off of the kids toys. It's gonna probably be silly for the young ones.

Probably, but so is Batman: The Brave and the Bold and love it.

Ok, based on a toy line for toddlers. Why is Frank Castle included?

Not a clue, but I have three versions of Frank (hey, it's for the kids ;) ) from the line up.