Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Oh I know how the fan boy temper can flare up all too well.

My first foray into this kind of forum was on IMDb... boy can't tempers flare up there (especially when responses to any of your arguments are usually pathetic and petty insults).

I like how even when annoyed people on this forum seem to still be rather respectful to each other.

If I was actually talking to you about War Zone then you might possibly see my temper (short that it is... its why I even though I can I don't carry in Miami, the people piss me off too much at times).

But in writting I can usually reign in most of my anger... my annoyance, not so much :) .

Lexi is nothing but a liar. Does anyone remember when she posted on her blog a couple of interviews with some military men that helped out with the movie? She asked them to tell everyone how realistic the movie was, and they said it was pretty realistic, and that was what she was going for, and now this blog thing? Bullshit!

Sorry if I get whiny sometimes. I don't want to upset anyone, but I'm still upset with the whole War Zone thing :P

i think everyone is still pissed off about the War Zone fiasco. i actually broke down and caught it during its lightning-quick run in theatres, and what a travesty...

i would be interested to listen to her drunken commentary, but i'm not sure if it will amuse me or just make me more angry about the whole mess. My plan is to check it out from the library; that way it won't cost me anything but time.

Not that I'm a person who's opinion counts more than anyone elses', nor am I the type to hate a project without any kind of merit or proof. But I just didnt give this film the time of day. With the exception of some of casting, I just didnt have much hope. Maybe I'll check it out at one of those $1 rental machines once it out. And being the massive Punisher fan that I am, that should speak volumes.

So in case any of you guys were interested, these are the features for the War Zone dvd's.........

Single-Disc DVD - The standard one-disc DVD will include a Widescreen and Full Screen version of the film with English DD5.1 Surround audio and English and Spanish subtitles. The only extra is the theatrical trailer.

Two-Disc Special Edition DVD - Includes the widescreen version of the film, extras and a digital copy on disc two. Features include:

* Anamorphic Widescreen

* English DD5.1 Surround

* English and Spanish subtitles

* “The Making of Punisher: War Zone” featurette

* “Training to Become The Punisher” featurette

* “The Weapons of The Punisher” featurette

* “Meet Jigsaw” featurette

* “Creating the Look of The Punisher” featurette

* Audio commentary with Director Lexi Alexander and Director of Photography Steve Gainer, ASC

* Theatrical trailer

* Digital copy of the film on Disc 2

Blu-ray Disc - Includes all the extras of the SE DVD, a digital copy of the film and MOLOG. Features include:

* 1080P Widescreen

* English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

* English and Spanish subtitles

* “MoLog” - Movie Blog network connected community and interactive movie blog tool set

* “The Making of Punisher: War Zone” featurette

* “Training to Become The Punisher” featurette

* “The Weapons of The Punisher” featurette

* “Meet Jigsaw” featurette

* “Creating the Look of The Punisher” featurette

* Audio commentary with Director Lexi Alexander and Director of Photography Steve Gainer, ASC

* Theatrical trailer

* Digital copy of the film on Disc 2

-Raffi

For some reason I find it funny that the single disc just gets a shitty trailer.

I wish all the special features were on the cover that was cool!

I wish all the special features were on the cover that was cool!

If the DVD comes with slip cases, you could always switch them. The UPC code is usually cut out, so you don't have to feel bad about ripping the store off. Just don't relace the 2-disk cover on the other DVD. My brother had that happen to him once. He was buying a martial arts film and came hope to find out it really was a childrens movie.

I take it that you dabbled with this situation one too many times ha buddy? ;)

I take it that you dabbled with this situation one too many times ha buddy? ;)

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do ;) Although, at work we get a lot of DVD's in, but we are one of the last places people look for them, so we end up sending 80% of them back, so if it's a mulitple sleve, I usually take one before it goes back.

saw this last night when it opened here in the UK. i liked it as as much as i enjoy other dumb action films but this wasnt what i wanted from a punisher film

"Lionsgate just filed their 3rd-quarter report and "it's a fucking disaster," one of my sources sums up. "The business plan is definitely broken." The result is that the stock is down almost 30% today, to a 6-year low, trading at a level prior to its purchase of Artisan. Worse, a conference call with analysts this morning sounded like a funeral dirge. Above and beyond taking losses on Transporter 3, Punisher, and The Spirit, the mini-major took a big loss on their HIT Entertainment North American DVD distribution deal ."

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/lion...-carl-icahn-do/

Well I finally got to see it, and I’ll admit there are some bad choices but overall it’s by far and away the closest representation of the punisher universe I’ve seen on film. For a start I actually felt I was watching a Punisher movie which is something I didn’t get with the 89 or 04 versions.

The good points:

I thought that origin was done superbly

Ray Stevenson does violent psychopath as well as any slasher villain

The lighting was pretty effective most of the time and helped give it a comic book feel

The villains were great fun

The bad points:

Some terribly clichéd scenes

Some absurd choices in dialogue

Sometimes felt like two separate movies

All in all I really enjoyed the film. I liked how they approached the material, I liked how they set the shots and I liked the characters. The approach was the main selling point for me, whereas the 04 movie had tried for a mainstream Hollywood approach, WZ had deliberately gone for a B movie grindhouse feel which was far more effective given the characters they used.

I would be interested to see what Lexi had originally intended for this film, I think it’s clear that the scenes used did not always fit together as if something was missing. I think it may have been even more OTT had she been allowed to finish the film (I’m still not convinced she did). At times the production seems to be trying to move the film closer to a standard Hollywood actioner than the material would allow so I definitely think that what we say wasn’t quite how it was intended by Lexi. I could be wrong but something definitely feels awkward about how the film is put together.

Anyway, it’s sad to see that this died a death and were unlikely to get another Punisher film with Ray or Tom (or Dolph!). I’ll be buying the bluray when it comes out though.

Anyway, it’s sad to see that this died a death and were unlikely to get another Punisher film with Ray or Tom (or Dolph!). I’ll be buying the bluray when it comes out though.

So...for Punisher: War Journal the Movie...Skrulls attack the earth and Frank Castles from three alternate earths must band together with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool to beat back the alien menace. Starring Tom Jane, Ray Stevenson, Dolph Lundgren AND Donald Sutherland as the clumsy waiter.

:P

So...for Punisher: War Journal the Movie...Skrulls attack the earth and Frank Castles from three alternate earths must band together with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool to beat back the alien menace. Starring Tom Jane, Ray Stevenson, Dolph Lundgren AND Donald Sutherland as the clumsy waiter.

:P

I'd watch it! ;)

I'd watch it! ;)

I second that...

I would be interested to see what Lexi had originally intended for this film, I think it’s clear that the scenes used did not always fit together as if something was missing. I think it may have been even more OTT had she been allowed to finish the film (I’m still not convinced she did). At times the production seems to be trying to move the film closer to a standard Hollywood actioner than the material would allow so I definitely think that what we say wasn’t quite how it was intended by Lexi. I could be wrong but something definitely feels awkward about how the film is put together.

No, the movie is pretty much exactly like her script, clumsy and cliched.

No, the movie is pretty much exactly like her script, clumsy and cliched.

Yeah, according to some quotes from her, this is what she wanted, except for a scene or two. Not much left.