Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

4813.jpg

Lionsgate's Punisher sequel, War Zone, limped to an unimpressive $8 million at the box office behind its new lead Ray Stevenson. With virtually no chance of recouping its $35 million production budget, Punisher: War Zone will arrive on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on March 17 in hopes of luring the audience enticed by the trailers but unwilling to brave the cold and see it theatrically.

The Punisher: War Zone Blu-ray Disc set will include two discs with the second disc including a digital copy of the film. Lionsgate's proprietary MOLOG BD-Live Chat feature is expected to be included. At this time a full list of bonus features has yet to be announced.

Julie Benz of Dexter fame co-stars in Punisher: War Zone, marking her fourth appearance on Blu-ray Disc. You can see her other films and rate her through her link in the disc details below.

Punisher: War Zone on Blu-ray will retail for $39.99. Check back regularly for the full announcement with disc details, high-res cover art and Amazon pre-order information.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Punisher_War...y_in_March/4134

This digital copy shit is annoying, they've figured out a new way to jack up the price of DVDs now.

I've still yet to see it. And I sure as hell won't pay $40 for a copy of it!!!

I hoped and prayed that this would have been something worthy of our attention. That maybe Jane was wrong...or that his leaving the project may have saved it by causing the studio to rethink its mistakes. However, this is just one big "FUCK YOU!" Tom Jane gets to shout out to everyone who has dogged him about leaving the project...everyone who wouldn't give him what he wanted on the film.

Sorry I even attempted to give this damn film a chance.

Fred

This digital copy shit is annoying, they've figured out a new way to jack up the price of DVDs now.

I know, I was dooped twice by the "Two Disc Special Edition" title, only to find a damn Digital Copy as the second disc. I could have saved 10 dollars!

That is a pretty sweet cover but I need a dvd with some special features. Not just widescreen and fullscreen format with some subtitles.

I'll buy the dvd with the pathetic hope that it will help get a good punisher movie soon, though I know we won't for a while. I can't see there being any special features that are actually special in any way.

They had those videos, I think it was on BlackFilm.com a while ago. I'm pretty sure those are gonna be on the DVD.

$39.99 Ouch!

And I thought the $12 I paid to watch it the theaters was a waste.

At this point I don't give a rats ass who plays Frank Castle in the future (if there is one) whether its Ray or Tom once more or someone else entirely all I want is to see the story done well. I mean War Zone had a great concept with Frank dealing with the issue of fucking up and accidentally killing a fed, but it just completely fell apart in a rather pointless way.

I know that action and violence is central to the character but it shouldn't overshadow a good story.

Too much of the violence in this felt like it was gruesomely violent just to be gruesomely violent and no other real purpose.

Unfortunately for me I grew out of violence without worthwhile purpose a long time ago.

Oh well... here's hoping to the future I guess.

That is a pretty sweet cover but I need a dvd with some special features. Not just widescreen and fullscreen format with some subtitles.

why would you want special features to this? better yet, why would you buy this movie???

Nice Cover, at least.

No offense meant in the least toward your opinion Justaguy -

I'm not too impressed with this cover for the BlueRay.

Ray's head looks squashed and it's not so very flattering. Blue Ray indeed.

And it's just a simple cut and paste photoshop job over a red tinted background street scene.

Kinda uninspired from my point of view.

The second cover is actually pretty cool in terms of composition and idea.

Got to get a closer look and see how the details hold up.

Reminds me a bit of someone else's work ;)

- TB

Yipe! Didn't notice that.

I was looking at the thumbnail.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about that.

- tb

Agreed, the second cover looks a lot better.

I find it funny that the only time this film looks good is when they are taking from Tim's style. Too bad they couldn't get Tim on as an advisor.

No offense meant in the least toward your opinion Justaguy -

I'm not too impressed with this cover for the BlueRay.

Ray's head looks squashed and it's not so very flattering. Blue Ray indeed.

And it's just a simple cut and paste photoshop job over a red tinted background street scene.

Kinda uninspired from my point of view.

The second cover is actually pretty cool in terms of composition and idea.

Got to get a closer look and see how the details hold up.

Reminds me a bit of someone else's work ;)

- TB

I think that was the one I was referring to :P. Anyway, I have to agree with Jweber. It does look awesome when it looks like Bradstreet work. It would have been great if they got both Tim and Garth Ennis involved with the movie.

you are ALL so LUCKY.

you've seen already the movie but in Germany "Punisher Warzone" wont hit the cinemas...

even in the cut form.

To VIOLENT! :o

you are ALL so LUCKY.

you've seen already the movie but in Germany "Punisher Warzone" wont hit the cinemas...

even in the cut form.

I wouldn't say we're lucky to see it, for the most part :P , but that sucks man. You will be able to find dvdrip torrents of it soon though ;)

you are ALL so LUCKY.

even in the cut form.

you germans are very fortunate.

why would you want special features to this? better yet, why would you buy this movie???

Because I'm a Punisher fan. I like to see how they put together these things. Specifically, characters I'm into. I don't buy special features on every dvd. Just a select few. Whether this movie bombed or not or is disliked by most, It's still gonna have a place in me because of the character. To each his own I guess.

Because I'm a Punisher fan. I like to see how they put together these things. Specifically, characters I'm into. I don't buy special features on every dvd. Just a select few. Whether this movie bombed or not or is disliked by most, It's still gonna have a place in me because of the character. To each his own I guess.

I agree. I still want to support Frank Castle. I own both versions of the '04 one, and the Dolph one. I really hope we don't get crap for features though.

I just hope the two disk is only a digital copy. Same as Raffi, I too will pick up the two disk if it has a lot of special features only because it's The Punisher, plus, Marvel usually does some decent docs on the the characters and their histories in the comics.

Still, I hope it's only a digital copy because I really like the single disk's cover.

I just hope the two disk is only a digital copy. Same as Raffi, I too will pick up the two disk if it has a lot of special features only because it's The Punisher, plus, Marvel usually does some decent docs on the the characters and their histories in the comics.

Still, I hope it's only a digital copy because I really like the single disk's cover.

Yeah, I'm mostly hoping for the digital copy only as well, because I love the other cover, but we can always print it off the net, and just stick in the 2 disc case if it comes to that ;)

i dont nor would i ever buy bad movies. buying a bad movie amounts to another bad movie getting made. to justify the purchase with the character you love is actually to harm that character because he was depicted poorly. you want a good punisher movie? then let the studio know by letting this one pick up dust on the shelf when they start selling it.