Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Andy,

If you chose to identify yourselves with folks who post things like X days until Jane humiliation, then that's cool. I think THOSE are the idiots Tiara and I are referring to, not folks like you.

Fact is there are a LOT of idiots over there that taint the waters.

We love you though.

You know, some of you really need to get over this IMDb thing. It's like you think we're the boogy men (or women) you have to protect Jane from. Likely you don't realise this, but you infantalise Jane with that attitude. Jane's a big boy and he's been in this business long enough to know what you can expect.

There is NO IMDb "person." IMDb is a VERY public site, MUCH moreso than is THIS one (at least many more people know about IMDb and MANY more people go there).

But the main difference is that the regular people who post there have NO control over who ELSE posts there and who ELSE chooses to become a "regular." As it is with the guy who posted the "Jane Humiliation" thread. There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Another difference is that I can't find a thread on IMDb that whines about the people at RAW like you guys whine about the people at IMDb. Are you so threatened by it? Is Jane? You'd be better off just ignoring it and taking the high road. Much better than sounding like a bunch of high-strung miniature poodles yapping at the feet of a Rottweiler who is totally unconcerned and unmoved by it.

I'd rather whine about making a Punisher movie than about this silly issue. Wouldn't you?

Nomad

Whatever Nomad.

Whatever Nomad.

Uh huh. That's just the response one gets from someone who really HAS no response but feels the need to make one in any case. At least it has the virtue of being concise if not thoughtful.

Nomad

If I may quote God's chosen people "Oy vey". Life is too short to worry about what some assholes are saying over the internet.

This one I agree with wholeheartedly.

8. Pittsy is a Pussy. In War Zone, Pittsy is just some old, fat henchmen. In the MAX comics, he is a salty mother who fights the Punisher very hard and takes an unbelievable amount of damage before finally being killed. From hard-ass to lard-ass.

You know, some of you really need to get over this IMDb thing. It's like you think we're the boogy men (or women) you have to protect Jane from. Likely you don't realise this, but you infantalise Jane with that attitude. Jane's a big boy and he's been in this business long enough to know what you can expect.

There is NO IMDb "person." IMDb is a VERY public site, MUCH moreso than is THIS one (at least many more people know about IMDb and MANY more people go there).

But the main difference is that the regular people who post there have NO control over who ELSE posts there and who ELSE chooses to become a "regular." As it is with the guy who posted the "Jane Humiliation" thread. There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Another difference is that I can't find a thread on IMDb that whines about the people at RAW like you guys whine about the people at IMDb. Are you so threatened by it? Is Jane? You'd be better off just ignoring it and taking the high road. Much better than sounding like a bunch of high-strung miniature poodles yapping at the feet of a Rottweiler who is totally unconcerned and unmoved by it.

I'd rather whine about making a Punisher movie than about this silly issue. Wouldn't you?

Nomad

You really need to quit associating yourself with that crowd. I certainly wasn't.

But while we're on it, I seem to recall you making some VERY negative comments about Tom Jane over there that I called you out on at IMDB. Seems odd that you would spend so much time on his site ONLY to push the guy that took over one of his roles.

And there is PLENTY of whining over there about THIS site. But like you said, it's not as public. I just can't wait until all the people who are ONLY here to talk Ray Stevenson and War Zone get bored enough to go elsewhere.

Lets just all kiss an make up OK?

We've all been getting along admirably, let's not screw it up now! ;)

Both sides make good points. We've let our feelings be known on the subject of Jane bashing, it's pretty low-handed stuff to be sure.

But let us emulate Tom's ability (in most cases) to ignore it. It was inevitable that we'd see it around Warzone time.

I'm not even slightly excusing it (Hell, I had to have a bit of a rant about it too), but let's take the high road.

When we say the "IMDB crowd" I think we refer to most public nitwits who choose to post there saying shit about Tom or me. I've read some pretty ugly things about both of us there.

Obviously mostly about Tom ('cause I'm way cooler ;) because he's what you'd call a real public figure. It hurts when you read shit like that, and it DOES make a fella angry.

But it's really no win arguing about it. "IMDB crowd" is a generalization and not really too fair to focus on as a whole. "Certain" people at IMDB are lascivious with their hate, and those 'certain' people can slide under a gas truck and taste their own blood as far as I'm concerned. Let them spew. I've learned that making a big deal about it only gives them more attention than they deserve. People are fickle, they may hate Jane today and love him tomorrow. Especially when they get a load of upcoming things like Dark Country, Give 'Em Hell Malone, and the not too distant The Devil's Commandos. I've said callous things about an actor before too. A lot of times it's just talk. In my experience people often have a "What have you done for me lately" attitude, and since Tom walked away from Warzone some of those people are just wounded because they don't understand the complexities involved. Most people don't bother to dig after they hear rumors, hearsay, or cross-talk, and it's easy for facts to get warped and bent through the process. Whatever.

It's just like GPA, not all those dudes and dudettes are out to get TJ, so blaming the whole group is not in the least accurate or fair. And by blaming and bitching about them as a general 'whole', it has the tendency to piss everyone off in the process.

Let's just be cool and stand above the distraction.

Thanks all -

- TB

Tim, you're the fucking man for posting the kiss and make up post. I think many of us realize this but don't seem to put it together. People are taking shit too personal. We've been doing well so far and I think it would be wonderful to keep it up. No more pointing fingers at certain groups or individuals.

So how many people saw War Zone more than once? I saw it twice already....opening day and then again on Sunday. I believe I will be seeing it one more time when my brother comes in town from Chicago next Monday. Man I'm a loser :P

If PWZ bombs so violently (as it appears to be doing) How will this affect a world wide release? Is It likely to end up DVD only outside America?

In other words.... When the fuck am I going to get to see the damn movie!?! :angry:

I wasn't intending to start a fight with anyone over my posting. It just chaps my ass that Tom LEFT the film because they weren't taking it in a positive direction. The man could have taken a paycheck and done another Punisher flick like so many other actors do, but he MANNED UP and said "NO!". And for SOME reason, he gets bashed by so many so called Punisher fans. It is wrong of me to over-generalize the imdb crowd.

So whenever someone wants to come over and give me a big sloppy one to make up just let me know.

Guest AdminGuyX
So how many people saw War Zone more than once?

Judging by ticket sales. Nobody. ;)

SORRY, couldn't help it.

I'm sure I don't have to post that I won't be seeing it again, but never is too soon for me.

Rather have a root canal.

:)

And YES, lets try and refrain from getting into a big fight over IMDB, GPA, or anybody else who's out there bashing on artists we love. It's a fruitless endeavor.

Lets just enjoy that we can sign in here and chat with Tim and occasionally Tom, and always with each other.

Judging by ticket sales. Nobody. ;)

SORRY, couldn't help it.

I'm sure I don't have to post that I won't be seeing it again, but never is too soon for me.

Rather have a root canal.

And YES, lets try and refrain from getting into a big fight over IMDB, GPA, or anybody else who's out there bashing on artists we love. It's a fruitless endeavor.

Lets just enjoy that we can sign in here and chat with Tim and occasionally Tom, and always with each other.

Hey, I'm all for this kiss and make up thing, BUT...

...there were no less than THREE "love Tom Jane, Hate Ray Stevenson" threads created just yesterday on IMDb and NO corresponding threads made in the other direction. So not only is the IMDb bashing unpleasant, it's damn inaccurate. And I RARELY mention Stevenson here. But it certainly seems that whenever he IS mentioned, I get the credit for it. Meh. I'm a fan. So what?? ;)

Thirteen! I'm aiming to see PWZ 13 times. :P

Nomad

Is Punisher WarZone now good or a bad punisher movie? Can someone make a list of pro and cotra of both punisher movies? (Would be cool then I would know if i should go to the cinema in february and watch an extremely cut punisher movie.)

Tim, as i have understood you liked the new punsher. What about Tom did he even saw it?

Hey, I'm all for this kiss and make up thing, BUT...

...there were no less than THREE "love Tom Jane, Hate Ray Stevenson" threads created just yesterday on IMDb and NO corresponding threads made in the other direction. So not only is the IMDb bashing unpleasant, it's damn inaccurate. And I RARELY mention Stevenson here. But it certainly seems that whenever he IS mentioned, I get the credit for it. Meh. I'm a fan. So what?? ;)

Thirteen! I'm aiming to see PWZ 13 times. :P

Nomad

The most I ever saw any film in the theater was 'Mortal Kombat". I STILL love that flick. 5 times in the theater...but I worked there and got in for free so...

Nomad...I said in a previous post that the imdb page had been flipped upside down from the films release. This TJ support is what I was referring to.

The most I ever saw any film in the theater was 'Mortal Kombat". I STILL love that flick. 5 times in the theater...but I worked there and got in for free so...

Nomad...I said in a previous post that the imdb page had been flipped upside down from the films release. This TJ support is what I was referring to.

Oh, it's flipped all right but I hadn't thought it was for that reason. Mostly it comes from people who are very new. I don't recognise at least half of the names posting there now. A lot of it comes from people who were unhappy with the film. That's to be expected. I'm hoping it will all calm down soon, but it likely won't be returning to the way it was. What stays the same in life? Not much, if anything at all!

Nomad

Guest AdminGuyX

In respect of what each actor has done with The Punisher, I think they were each given a limited pallete of colors to paint with, and they all worked hard to paint the very best Frank Castle that they could. Personally, I like Tom's film the best of them, and that's simply based on narrative strength, intent, and watchability. I have my issues with the 04 film, but it at least had Castle using his skills, thinking matters through, and outsmarting his enemies. The film exsists in a world where common sense matters to the story.

In this new film, nothing like that happens. He's just a canon. Point and shoot. Common sense doesn't live here.

It seems like such a waste of time to compare them too, because they are such different kinds of movies and such different kinds of actors. Each of them, Dolph, Tom, Ray, bring something to the table that works. They each embodied the role well.

And I don't think it's impossible to adapt The Punisher into a solid, well made film that everyone loves. It has all the elements to make it a blockbuster mainstream hit. Once someone does it well, and someone WILL do it well, everyone in the studio will say "Oh, now we get it. He's not an action star. He's more than a cartoon anti-hero. He does have layers, and complexities to his character, and those DO matter to the larger narrative."

Mind you, I don't think the word "narrative" is bandied about the studio offices all that much.

I still have to see the movie, I was out of town and couldn't make it. I'm hoping to go tomorrow, but the $4 million on the weekend? I was REALLY surprised. I was guessing at least 10 or so. WOW! How many theaters did it open in? Sorry if it's been asked, but I don't want to spoil anything by looking through too many threads. Pretty sure there will be no sequel or reboot next time :(

I still have to see the movie, I was out of town and couldn't make it. I'm hoping to go tomorrow, but the $4 million on the weekend? I was REALLY surprised. I was guessing at least 10 or so. WOW! How many theaters did it open in? Sorry if it's been asked, but I don't want to spoil anything by looking through too many threads. Pretty sure there will be no sequel or reboot next time :(

It made $4,657,998 domestically, and opened in 2,508 theaters. And Box Office Mojo has $134,760 for foreign release for some reason, bringing the total up to $4,792,758.

I was wondering about theater count too. I'm not sure how many there are across the nation, but can that be even a moderate release? I only ask because in a two hour radius (18 theaters) only 2 are playing the film.

WARNING: The following contains spoilers for “Punisher: War Zone.”

Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle, The Punisher, looks as though he just walked out of a Tim Bradstreet-illustrated comic book cover in “Punisher: War Zone,” the new film based on the classic Marvel Comics anti-hero.

Stevenson, who portrayed Titus Pullo in HBO’s “Rome,” looks, and for the most part, sounds like Frank Castle should. His dialogue is kept to a minimum, and Stevenson has a special talent for fierce scowling while murdering people on screen.

“War Zone,” the third attempt to start a Punisher film franchise, is 85 percent what you always wanted out of a Punisher movie and 15 percent of everything you never wanted to see. It’s worth it to get to the good part.

Continue reading:

'Punisher' Ray Stevenson kills bad guys real good

Does domestic gross include Canadian screenings or just American?

Ah, I guess that is where that $134,760 came from.

Anyone still disagree with me that December was a shitty time to release this movie.