Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

With apologies to Noeland and this thread . . .

It wasn't bad?

Raff, I don't quite know how to say this . . .

Perhaps it's because the film has been ripped off hundreds of times in the last 29 years that maybe it didn't hit you as hard as it could and should.

I don't know. All I do know is that Alien is a film and a concept that many many very talented people (and lots who are not so talented) have tried to duplicate since it first hit screens. It's very possibly the Citizen Kane of Sci-Fi horror films, of genre films in general. It's been borrowed from more times than a savings an loan institution.

And let's not forget there would be no Aliens without Alien. Ridley Scott's horror masterpiece is the Holy Grail of quality everyone reaches for.

It wasn't that bad?

Respectfully, I worry for our youth ;)

- TB

I'm not disagreeing with you and I agree that it's been ripped off a million times. Had I seen it back in '79 when the movie was released it probably could have been one of my favorite movies of all time with the effects it had for it's time. I've only seen it once all the way through ladies and gentleman. I didn't care for Shawshank Redemption much when it came out until I watched it all the way through 2 or 3 times and it ended up being my second favorite movie of all time next to the Indiana Jones series.

When I say Alien wasn't bad, I don't mean it was average or below average. Let me rephrase my opinion. It was good. Would I watch it again? Sure why not? While we're on this note, I like sci-fi films but I don't love them. I know many of you are into sci-fi and horror films but I'm more of the action, comedy, and drama kind of guy. I get into sci-fi and horror films when they consist of my favorite actors. Alien had a great list of talent, but none of who are on my top list of thespians. That being said, I'm not saying the only movies I watch are the ones with my favorite actors. It just depends on the genre of film in this particular case.

I too worry about our youth or people in my age range for that matter ;)

I get bothered when I ask someone what his/her favorite movie is and they say American Pie. Fine it's funny, but that's the choice for favorite film?

I don't think I'm in the youth category when it comes to my choice of cinema if that's what anyone is implying. No names *cough* Street *cough* ;)

-Raffi

To finally get this thread back on topic, I came across a new behind the scenes type clip of pwz, featuring Jigsaw. Now to me, the more I see of Dominic in the role, the more I like it/him. There is some cheese, but I'm seeing things that I like about the character now.

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/p...vil_111908.html

Enjoy! Or hate, whatever you like ;)

Not digging that he gives himself his own nickname, BUT I guess if you're a psychotic fuck you can have people call you Mary Poppins and now one is going to say anything crosswise. :)

Not digging that he gives himself his own nickname, BUT I guess if you're a psychotic fuck you can have people call you Mary Poppins and now one is going to say anything crosswise. :)

It doesn't sound as lame as I thought it would, but I would preferred if one of his thugs commented that his face looks like a jigsaw puzzle, then he would brutally murder them, and wind up keeping the name. Or something like that.

The more I watch, the more excited I get.

But yeah I don't like how he calls himself Jigsaw. It's tolerable though.

lol ohhhh Noeland.... that's all I can say now lol. I have none left in the tank.

I'm loving that Jigsaw clip...the color and lighting just looks better and better with each clip they roll. Steve Gainer is the MAN!

Nomad

I'm sure no one is surprised to read this.

I think that clip is just fuckin' awful.

:)

I guess this one just ain't your film man. :)

Black Film (a site I've never heard of until now) has some more videos. It features two interviews with Stevenson and West about their characters, two trailers, as well as clips from actual scenes. You can check them out, here.

Guest AdminGuyX

"Who Punishes you?"

:blink:

Didn't care for that line, but Ray is doing a stand up job. I really do like what he's doing with the role based on what I've seen so far, and have always maintained he'd be good.

If THAT church was in my nieghborhood, all neon and purple lights, with heavy shadows and so much mood, I'd never miss a sunday night mass.

;)

The scene with Jigsaw just plays a little too close to The Joker from the 89 batman for me.

"Who Punishes you?"

:blink:

Didn't care for that line, but Ray is doing a stand up job. I really do like what he's doing with the role based on what I've seen so far, and have always maintained he'd be good.

If THAT church was in my nieghborhood, all neon and purple lights, with heavy shadows and so much mood, I'd never miss a sunday night mass.

;)

The scene with Jigsaw just plays a little too close to The Joker from the 89 batman for me.

I think its pretty good, and I agree about the church its pretty intense

and Alien give me nightmares for a week

I love that line. ;)

Im personally a big fan of the look on Frank's face after she says that to him...it's a look of genuine guilt and remorse.

Can someone fill me in on what happened to Thomas Logan, I'll admit his posts were fun to read even though I disagreed with him 99% of the time.

The only Alien movie I've seen was Alien Resurrection, which I liked. I'll try to rent the first two this weekend. Oh there was an Alien reference in "Valley Forge, Valley Forge". The delta force guys were disgusted by the mess of bodies left by Punisher, one of the soldiers said "Did you ever see Alien? (about Frank) "I admire its purity".

Those new PWZ vids are great, I'm actually afraid to watch any more clips, I want some stuff to surprise me in the theater. I'm still wondering what changes they made to the script (SPOILER)

seeing how Micro is tied up like a hostage in the final fight with Jigsaw.

Stevenson seems like he'll be great. But damn if I wasn't cringing when Julie Benz was giving her dialouge in that one clip, I like her enough on Dexter, but I'm feeling another Rambo performance from her in this. West is still up in the air, which is sad for me to say.

When people say this looks great, it makes me wonder what they're seeing. Cause it can't be the same thing as me.

I'm most likely just going to see this for the Stevenson and the other actors.

Guest AdminGuyX

It's just differences in tastes Recoil, and I'd wager for this film, age. I think this is geared very much for younger audiences, and I hope it's successful for 'em.

And different people just want different things out of a Punisher movie.

Also, what the hell is going with this image?

jigsawvq6.png

I'm getting some Batman '89, Batman Forever, Dick Tracy vibes with some of these clips. I don't know if that was intentional or not, it's like those three movies fucked in a pool of blood and guts and out came War Zone: Punisher. To be clear I'm not trying to be insulting, it's just a thought that came up.

Guest AdminGuyX

No, no. You took it wrong. It was not meant to be disparaging at all. Just an observation about who's excited for the film, like really excited for it, and who's not. And not just here at RAW. It's a pattern I've noticed on other fan boards.

I even said I'd hoped it would be successful.

Can someone fill me in on what happened to Thomas Logan, I'll admit his posts were fun to read even though I disagreed with him 99% of the time.

I was wondering that, too. He had some film projects he was working on, maybe he's busy with them.

No, no. You took it wrong. It was not meant to be disparaging at all. Just an observation about who's excited for the film, like really excited for it, and who's not. And not just here at RAW. It's a pattern I've noticed on other fan boards.

I even said I'd hoped it would be successful.

I figure the people who would be "really" excited for it would be the Punisher fans rater than just the younger folks. Also, the definition of "younger" can be argued. Some people mid consider people in their early '20s to be "younger".

*Thanks for clearing that up, Noeland!

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm thinking the 18-24 year old demographic is who this film is geared toward.

I'm 36.

From what I've observed, there is a pretty clear division. It's not everybody, some folks older than me are crazy happy about it, and that's great. Hope they love it.

I hope I love it. As I've said. 1000 times.

:)