Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Guest AdminGuyX
Is it realistic or not?

He also says in the other interview that all of Frank's gear is being used presently by the military, and then says he had to design it all from scratch, and build it all, and that he basically did EVERYTHING but play the role of Frank and direct the movie.

I'm paraphrasing because I don't want to go back and read it ;)

I sincerely doubt the military is issuing the smith 500, or the stainless steel laser sighted pistol crosssbow. or the stainless fancy pants Mp-5's.

His pretty shiny weapons aside, I find it hard to imagine this is anything more than hyperbole, and I'd never fault this fellow for being excited to be part of this film, and wanting to make it sound appealing.

He also mentioned therombaric grenades, which explains the airburst explosion we see in the trailer. Not because that's what thermobaric grenades do in real life, it's not quite how they work, but I can see him trying to explain it to an FX crew, and them coming up with what we see in the trailer.

;)

I just got a laugh from the it's the realist the Punisher has ever been thing.

Oh, and here's the second TV spot, minus sound though.

Most of the things I've seen for the movie so far is in the script I read. I got into an argument with Nomad on some movie blog a while back about it, and I'll say 90% of the movie is from the draft I read, maybe a couple of scenes add, different action beats and some different dialouge.

That's it I'm going to see the movie drunk.

I'll have to sneak some into the theater with me.

The drinking worked when I watched the '89 version.

I'll have to sneak some into the theater with me.

The drinking worked when I watched the '89 version.

I think the second tv spot looks great

Going drunk is silly

smoke some herb THEN youll enjoy ANYTHING

I think the second tv spot looks great

Going drunk is silly

smoke some herb THEN youll enjoy ANYTHING

Don't do drugs and have never done them. I've been fine just drinking booze since I was 15.

I'm taking Dominic West's advice and going into it thinking it's a comedy.

Don't do drugs and have never done them. I've been fine just drinking booze since I was 15.

I'm taking Dominic West's advice and going into it thinking it's a comedy.

Oh jesus, this is going to turn interesting

you don't do drugs eh? what do you call alcohol?

alcohol kills 85,000 people a year, is addictive, can cause you to die if you do to much, is a depressant, and is Americas favorite past time besides smoking tobacco (which also kills upwards of 400,000 people a year)

yet, marijuana, which has never killed a single person, is the devils drug and should be avoided at all costs?

The ignorance in this world is astounding

I know alcohol is a drug just as caffeine is one. Most of my friends do smoke, I just never cared to try the stuff.

Back on topic fellas.....

I like this tv spot better than the first one. It would be nice to have sound though. The one thing I dislike is that they were showing him doing weapon prepping in a black tank top looking scrawny as shit. I woulda kept him covered up since he lacks the muscle mass. They shouldn't have done that.

I give him some slack on that. he only had around 4 months of training whereas Jane had around 7-8. It looks like he got rid of the gut he had on Rome, so that's good enough.

Also what the fuck was up with the shot at the end with Loony Bin Jim doing a fucking spin kick?

I found this over on IMDb, the second TV spot with sound.

Quick question... Anyone know what those guns the punisher is holding in the lenticular poster? Never seen their like before.

Hey Mike, like the new pic! You got a spare pair of shades handy??

Guest AdminGuyX

I haven't seen any lenticular posters. You're talking about the kinds of printed images that change when you walk past, right?

Just post up an image or link to one, and I'm sure I can ID them for ya.

the tv spots look kool...just saw the new one...i had a problem with jigsaw's voice in the second tv spot it just sounded goofy...but i loved the beginning where it says "when his family was killed, he was reborn into The Punisher," and it shows him breaking down next to his families grave.

The tv spots look alot better then the trailers, but I have to agree about jigsaw's voice, I fucking hate what I've heard so far. I hope it's not that corny in the movie. At any rate, I'll be glad when he's killed :lol:

It was actually not atrocious--since they only showed him in the tank very, very briefly. But you guys are right, Jigsaw's voice was fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and i love how the icon they have in the corner for the message boards is Thomas' skull logo, not that cheesy Warzone version.

West said he was playing it as a comedy, so is his voice that surprising? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually kinda dreading watching West in this. Did Alexander just not give a shit what he was doing?

The other day I was in another room in the house when I heard the Punisher Warzone commercial come on the TV. My husband yells to me, "Hey, there's gonna be a new Punisher movie."

I say, "Yeah, I know."

He says, "Different guy, though."

I reply, "Yeah, I know. It's the guy who was Pullo in Rome. You remember. Titus Pullo."

He goes, "Oh yeah, him. Maybe he'll screw a few broads in this, too."

But I dashed his hopes and said, "I don't think the Punishe does that kind of stuff. He just kills a lot of people."

A forlorn "Oh well" comes from the other room.

I guess he'd rather make love, not war.

:lol:

Travolta wasn't great, but I was surprised that he wasn't as over the top as he usually is. They should have went with Tim's suggestion of Terrance Stamp.

Travolta wasn't great, but I was surprised that he wasn't as over the top as he usually is. They should have went with Tim's suggestion of Terrance Stamp.

Dead on, Travolta wasn't great, the thing that makes it such a waste is that he got paid so much to do almost nothing, money that could have been spent in other areas, like lets say the proper setting *cough*new york*cough*

The difference this time is a more inexperienced director who truly wants to do it right and is extremely passionate about her work over an experienced higher profile guy who didn't try hard enough. Itll be nice to see the comparison because the budgets are so close but were used in a vastly different way.

It would be cool to see Gary Oldman as the villain in a punisher movie sometime. I know, he's pretty expensive now, but he plays a great villain. My favorite being Stanfield in Leon.

The difference this time is a more inexperienced director who truly wants to do it right and is extremely passionate about her work over an experienced higher profile guy who didn't try hard enough. Itll be nice to see the comparison because the budgets are so close but were used in a vastly different way.

Not really, from what Steve said in that podcast interview they had $35 million to shoot with. And the 2004 film had $13.5 million to shoot with, that's a pretty big difference in shooting budget. The big difference is shooting in Florida was cheaper and had 52 das as opposed to War Zone: Punisher's 40 or so days.

I think Hensleigh tried his damnest with what he had to work with. Would have a "New York" setting been preferable hells yeah, but I didn't lose any sleep with it being set in Florida. And the origin is different, but it does what it needs to do, and true it loses the randomness of what happens, it becomes more about the failure of the justice system, something that Castle had dedicated a part of his life to, which leads to seek "natural justice".

The tv spots look alot better then the trailers, but I have to agree about jigsaw's voice, I fucking hate what I've heard so far. I hope it's not that corny in the movie. At any rate, I'll be glad when he's killed :lol:

Jigsaws accent is heavy and does sound silly I agree, but then again ive met plenty of people who have extremely heavy and sometimes hilarious accents

It was actually not atrocious--since they only showed him in the tank very, very briefly. But you guys are right, Jigsaw's voice was fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and i love how the icon they have in the corner for the message boards is Thomas' skull logo, not that cheesy Warzone version.

pwzskullcompare.jpg

I dont know, I really like both of them

That's cool, nothing wrong with liking it--it's just not the one for me.

Not really, from what Steve said in that podcast interview they had $35 million to shoot with. And the 2004 film had $13.5 million to shoot with, that's a pretty big difference in shooting budget. The big difference is shooting in Florida was cheaper and had 52 das as opposed to War Zone: Punisher's 40 or so days.

I think Hensleigh tried his damnest with what he had to work with. Would have a "New York" setting been preferable hells yeah, but I didn't lose any sleep with it being set in Florida. And the origin is different, but it does what it needs to do, and true it loses the randomness of what happens, it becomes more about the failure of the justice system, something that Castle had dedicated a part of his life to, which leads to seek "natural justice".

The '04 movie only had a shooting budget of 30 million,travolta sucked up the budget, wasnt he payed something upwards of 12 million?

"This is a well-organized, comprehensive documentary that includes interviews with line producer John Stark and director Jonathan Hensleigh, in which he talks about the challenges of making an action film on a $30 million budge"

that was a point exactly, that so much of the budget was sucked up and lexi has used the money more wisely

Its not confirmed on either side (imdb says 22 gainer says 35) officially so we dont know

I dont think hensleigh tried hard enough, it was a great movie though and a major problem with the movie was the fact that castle just suddenly decides to keep hunting criminals

Though some poeple think the origin stayed similar its simply not the truth

castle became the punisher because his family was killed aot random, wrng place wrong time, and nothing was done about it........his resolve is what makes him so appealing, its not personal hes getting rid of them in a very cold and systematic way

but at the end he gets his revenge so what was the point of continuing?