Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

It's not so much he needs to be slow and methodical, but have it seem like he's being a bit more tactical than sliding on his knees in the middle of a hallway or entering a room and getting shot in the back.

I was lurking over on the IMDb boards again (I know, I'm bored and can't help it). But there was this one ass on there that mentioned how Tom wanted the sequel to have more a Taxi Driver feel to it and how that's bad. It's not the first time I've read someone say that, I just find it some what dumb-founding that people would think that a Punisher movie in the vain of Taxi Driver is a bad thing. I mean the look, the tone, the grit and grim. I don't get it.

But I do understand that different people have a different view on what would make a great Punisher movie, it's more the why would having a Taxi Driver influence be a bad thing.

I was lurking over on the IMDb boards again (I know, I'm bored and can't help it). But there was this one ass on there that mentioned how Tom wanted the sequel to have more a Taxi Driver feel to it and how that's bad. It's not the first time I've read someone say that, I just find it some what dumb-founding that people would think that a Punisher movie in the vain of Taxi Driver is a bad thing. I mean the look, the tone, the grit and grim. I don't get it.

Maybe he thinks Tom meant that he wanted Frank to be more like Travis Bickle, just a crazy nut or something. To be that dirty and grim, with the Frank narrating the movie a lot would be the best way to go. I still think it would perfect to have a punisher tv series on HBO or Showtime.

i totally agree--Taxi Driver is a brilliant movie, and The Punisher is one of my favorite characters. There is no reason why the sheep shouldn't see how the two characters couldn't play well together.

You guys may know how much respect i have for Thomas, and that was intensified when i heard he wanted Frank to be more Bickle-esque, heh heh.

There are similar themes in both character arcs, although i was never comfortable with Hensleigh saying Frank was insane. i didn't get that at all--maybe if Hensleigh had actually lost someone, his reason for being, he may have had a little more insight...

i've said it before, i'll say it again: At least The Punisher had the luxury of targets...

On a level they are kinda the same, both crazy Vietnam vets. The big difference is Bickle didn't have a personal tragedy happen to him like Frank and just sees the streets of New York as filthy, in the end he does do a good thing by saving Iris from her current life. But then at the end, you know Travis will do something again only next time it probably won't be heroic.

But I do see a little bit of Travis Bickle in Frank Castle.

There are similar themes in both character arcs, although i was never comfortable with Hensleigh saying Frank was insane. i didn't get that at all--maybe if Hensleigh had actually lost someone, his reason for being, he may have had a little more insight...

i've said it before, i'll say it again: At least The Punisher had the luxury of targets...

I think he said Frank was a functioning psychopath, which I do agree with to an extent. I mean you lose your family in either the comic book version or film version and start killing all criminals out of revenge, that kinda of person is a little off (that's kind of an understatement).

On a level they are kinda the same, both crazy Vietnam vets. The big difference is Bickle didn't have a personal tragedy happen to him like Frank and just sees the streets of New York as filthy, in the end he does do a good thing by saving Iris from her current life. But then at the end, you know Travis will do something again only next time it probably won't be heroic.

But I do see a little bit of Travis Bickle in Frank Castle.

I think he said Frank was a functioning psychopath, which I do agree with to an extent. I mean you lose your family in either the comic book version or film version and start killing all criminals out of revenge, that kinda of person is a little off (that's kind of an understatement).

i respect your opinion, and i hope you never see your life die in front of you. Sincerely.

Yes, you're right, 'a little off'--but you never know what you might do, do you?

i respect your opinion, and i hope you never see your life die in front of you. Sincerely.

Yes, you're right, 'a little off'--but you never know what you might do, do you?

Thats what makes Frank a complete killing machine, he kill almost without emotion, completely detached from anything but destroying by any means possible

Looks like the coat he wears to the grave maybe.

I must say, what I liked about the TV spot was the way the colors have been tweaked down and muted. They're not so BRIGHT in the new TV spot. Happy to see that! I think it looks a lot better.

Thank you. Sorry about the delay. I've spent the last two months adjusting the look of the film and home video versions. It is now colored (and darkened) the way Lexi and I had originally intended. Hope you all have an exciting time watching the film. This has been a incredible time for me. I wish to thank Lexi for giving me this opportunity.

sg,asc

Thank you. Sorry about the delay. I've spent the last two months adjusting the look of the film and home video versions. It is now colored (and darkened) the way Lexi and I had originally intended. Hope you all have an exciting time watching the film. This has been a incredible time for me. I wish to thank Lexi for giving me this oportunity.

sg,asc

I gotta say I'm still not a fan of all the yellow that's been shown, but it's good to here that everything has been toned down a bit. So hopefully when I do see it, I won't be as annoyed.

I still think it would perfect to have a punisher tv series on HBO or Showtime.

I keep saying that! Sky's the limit with that option man! It would be fucking amazing and it would do soo well.

-Raffi

With so many people embracing a character like Dexter, I think Frank would stand a pretty good chance. A good family man, horribly wronged one day. It would be fantastic, have 12 eps a season. It probably won't happen, but we can still wish.

Yes we can still wish.... Jane would be perfect for this.

Yes we can still wish.... Jane would be perfect for this.

Stevenson would fit that glove aswell, considering he already has tons of experience in the HBO field.

Stevenson would fit that glove aswell, considering he already has tons of experience in the HBO field.

I would have to agree, for a couple of reasons. The newest Punisher flick stars Stevenson, so he will be foremost in most people's minds when they think of the punisher. Stevenson did do a good turn in Rome for HBO. And Jane just finished filming episodes of Hung for HBO, so that would be quite a paradigm shift to put him back in the punisher role.

Besides, I predict things will start popping for Jane's career here soon, and he won't have time to mess with episodic TV.

Well if this is the case, Stevenson is pushing 45.....

Who the fuck knows what Lions Gate would or could do.

But if they did go for it, it would most likely done on the cheap.

Much like everything else Lions Gate does.

I hate Lionsgate, but at this point I don't want the punisher to go back to Marvel, because they would more then likely try to make it pg-13 and try to tie it in with super hero shit. I shudder at the thought if Fox got the character, they would be even worse. New line might be pretty good. They had the blade movies, didn't they? The first two were great.

Yeah, Fox is pretty horrible. I'm no fan of Lexi being chosen for this film, Fox would definitely pick someone more horrible.

I don't know if any body else saw this, but it's another interview with the military adviser on War Zone: Punisher. It's touches on why the Smith & Wessons were chosen instead of the 1911 Colts.

I did get a laugh from this though.

Has ever occurred that you had to note that some element originally planned was unrealistic or not believable? From your point of view, what is the realism level of this movie?

This is by far the most realist Punisher ever made. Every scene, every plot point, every scenario was discussed and brought to real world scenarios. Having said that, we were still making a comic book adaptation, and Lexi was able to have freedom to make some of the action larger than life because that’s how the comic was written. As a Marine I am extremely excited about how well this movie portrays this character. I think audiences will really connect to this Punisher like never before!

Is it realistic or not? Frank punched out a polar bear in Welcome Back, Frank doesn't mean I need to see that in a film. It's a moot point, I know, but never-the-less.

In the trailers i saw, there wasn't much, if anything, that looked like a real-world scenario.

So is Marvel Knights like the R rated film equivalent of MAX now?

My guess is that Marvel is trying to seperated The Punisher from the Super Hero films. With the sudden interest in more "family friendly" fare, I'm sure they don't want people getting confused on weather or not the Punisher is a "hero".

I watched an unrated cut of "The Descent" on the weekend, man oh man did Lionsgate botch that film with the North American release. If you want proof that someone at Lionsgate needs to be shot, watch the unrated original UK version's ending, then look at the Lionsgate piece of sh*t ending. The director was against the final cut, but he said there was nothing he could do, whatever scores highest in the screen tests are what they decide on, no matter what.