Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

phew, finally made a RAW account

figured after reading 100+ pages I should stop procrastinating.

Well, hey there RAW!

little about me, im a big TJ (and stevenson! oh noes!) fan. Love both their work and completly respect them both as two of the most underrated actors of our time. I really loved the 04 movie, got me into the punisher so I respect the hell out of it, of course I went out and got my greasy hands on as many punisher comics as I could (kudos tim, really love the covers, hopin to see your newer non punisher stuff around!),. After I found out Jane would not return as the punisher, I was crushed, but my hope was not lost when I found out stevenson (who really nailed his role in rome, even though logan wont admit it) was going to be playing my new obsession.

While I guess you could say that im "pro warzone" (Im one of the IMDB crowd yes) that doesnt mean I dont have opinons that cater to both "sides". There are plenty of things I agree and do not agree with. I disagree with people blindly following the movie, but I also disagree with people blindly bashing the movie, I Think we should wait to judge.

That all being said, it really gets me that both bradstreet and jane are part of this community. Its always great to see such influental people (both bradstreet and jane have really changed my life, I cannot thank you enough) interacting with the community that made them what they are!

well, I look forward to being apart of this community aswell! thanks again,

Andrew B

Love it!

Thanks Andrew, and welcome to the boards.

- TB

Love it!

Thanks Andrew, and welcome to the boards.

- TB

whoa

whoa

..............whoa, I just kind of talked to Tim Bradstreet.....................

epic

I was lurking over on the SuperHeroHype boards and someone made these manips of Jane in the War Zone: Punisher suit. I'm still not feeling the collar.

TomJane-Warzone3-1.jpg

TomJane-Warzone2.jpg

Those are creepy :P, but I still don't mind the collar. It just makes sense to me, but then again, why isn't he wearing a combat helmet too? I guess that would be too nerdy or something, like how Batman has half of his face exposed for no real reason.

Those are creepy :P, but I still don't mind the collar. It just makes sense to me, but then again, why isn't he wearing a combat helmet too? I guess that would be too nerdy or something, like how Batman has half of his face exposed for no real reason.

The collar is in place of a helmet, it allows him to keep his field of vision and keeps his head mobile but at the same time can protect his neck from bullets/shrapnel, also it allows him to "turtle", or tuck his head away, for extra protection

this can be seen in the redband trailer when hes strafing and using supressive fire while keeping his head tucked in the collar

I would post a pic, but im feeling rather lazy

Guest AdminGuyX

It allows him to "turtle" does it? Is that a professional military tactical terms I've not heard of?

;)

He doesn't lay any suppressive fire down in the trailer. At no point is he firing just to keep someone under cover, and at no point is he strafing.

Unless he's flying a jet in the trailer and I missed it.

It was mostly as you would say "pray and spray" right?

The guy has Doug Huchison trying to chomp his neck, I'd say the collar isn't doing him shit.

It allows him to "turtle" does it? Is that a professional military tactical terms I've not heard of?

;)

Yeah, that way his jaw stays intact while the top of his head gets blown off. Makes sense to me.

Guest AdminGuyX
It was mostly as you would say "pray and spray" right?

Other way around, spray and pray means you don't aim, you point shoot, and you unload full auto "spray" and then you "pray" it hits what you want it to hit.

It's a derogatory term, and the practice is looked down on by trained professionals as something that is done by guerrilla forces, and people who go out to fight with no proper tactical or weapons training. Gang members are pretty famous for it.

I'll hold out my final judgment for after I see the film, but my sense is that there wasn't a lot of tactical discussion going on when they filmed. I might enjoy the shootouts in the movie, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate them.

Do you want to see really well done suppressive fire in a film? Watch HEAT. Val Kilmer and Robert Deniro lay down suppressive fire for each other so they can escape the police after the robbery goes south, to great effect.

Yeah, that way his jaw stays intact while the top of his head gets blown off. Makes sense to me.

Exactly the reason it's pointless. Bomb squad gear, maybe some riot gear is the only thing you will see these types of neck protection on, and it's always used in conjunction with helmets, and more often than not, oversized face guards.

And from certain shots in the redband trailer the neck guard looks like it's flexible fabric, meaning if he did get shot in the neck guard, even if it's kevlar, it's not going to offer him much protection.

All it would probably do is catch hot brass and burn your neck. Probably catch a lot of debri too I'd imagine.

There are other neck guards out there that work much better, but they are always used with helmets.

Other way around, spray and pray means you don't aim, you point shoot, and you unload full auto "spray" and then you "pray" it hits what you want it to hit.

It's a derogatory term, and the practice is looked down on by trained professionals as something that is done by guerrilla forces, and people who go out to fight with no proper tactical or weapons training. Gang members are pretty famous for it.

I'll hold out my final judgment for after I see the film, but my sense is that there wasn't a lot of tactical discussion going on when they filmed. I might enjoy the shootouts in the movie, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate them.

I kinda figured that much once I read that the military adviser was all for Frank spinning upside down from the chandelier.

;)

He doesn't lay any suppressive fire down in the trailer. At no point is he firing just to keep someone under cover, and at no point is he strafing.

Unless he's flying a jet in the trailer and I missed it.

It's that thing one of the Ninja Turtles does in the 3rd Ninja Turtles movie when someone tries to launch a cannonball at him...He "unturtles" and says.."I love being a turtle."..Hope that helps :P

When I was talking about the suppressive fire you proved my point, its known as a guerrilla tactic and is often NOT used by trained professionals yet it is still known as one of the most effective tools a smaller force can use against a much larger army. Not only does Frank have completely unparalleled talent,ability, and expertise in the art of warfare but he is a Vietnam war veteran (in warzone gulf war, which only is really used to keep things updated). His entire military service spanned a war that was conducted almost completely as a guerrilla war. This one man knows not only precision and tactical sweeps but also unconventional tactics that are actually useful in situations where he is outnumbered by great odds.

Hell Frank is KNOWN for his guerrilla warfare just from the '04 movie alone, you dont even need to look at the comics if you don't want to. The last scene alone is a prime example, placing small anti-personnel mines in the doorway and champagne.

As for the strafing, I was referring more towards the sideways motion, more like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_strafing

Looks not as though he is attempting to hit anyone there, but trying to move to another area or cause a distraction, thought I dont know since I have yet to see the movie :P

Hell Frank is KNOWN for his guerrilla warfare just from the '04 movie alone, you dont even need to look at the comics if you don't want to. The last scene alone is a prime example, placing small anti-personnel mines in the doorway and champagne.

Yeah but he wasn't using the spray and pray method though. He made each and every shot he took count.

I kinda figured that much once I read that the military adviser was all for Frank spinning upside down from the chandelier.

While I don't agree completely with the chandelier scene the punisher isn't exactly known for ALWAYS being 100% believable and Warzone is incorporating some other aspects of Franks time line besides just MAX in this sense. Frank punched out a polar bear, is that more or less believable to you then someone spinning upside down shooting?

don't be so knit picky, at least they paid that much attention to detail in all the gun battles and training.

Yeah, Frank did punch out a polar bear in Welcome Back, Frank but Hensleigh where with all not to include it in the movie. Just because he's done some stupid shit in the comic, doesn't mean the movie needs have him do stupid shit too. The movie could be so much more than the comic.

I'm nit picky because I find it cliched and fairly dumb.

Yeah but he wasn't using the spray and pray method though. He made each and every shot he took count.

Your missing the point, different situations. That scene shows frank using suppressive fire in a manner in order to cover himself. These are gang bangers that would be hard pressed to be out in the open when being fired upon and would hardly be able to return accurate fire. In the '04 movie that tactic was not nessacary, Frank has just detonated a small mine and everyone in the room was stunned. Every shot count because Frank was not under heavy fire from a highly mobile and aggressively poised enemy everyone in the room was stunned. That stunned baddies situation allows for a quick but methodical sweep of the room, Frank only had to deal with 1 or 2 enemies at a time which allowed him time to make sure he did it right.

Did he need to use the cover fire to make it to a better firing postion or something else? we have yet to see, but it is indeed an unconventional yet viable option

Yeah, Frank did punch out a polar bear in Welcome Back, Frank but Hensleigh where with all not to include it in the movie. Just because he's done some stupid shit in the comic, doesn't mean the movie needs have him do stupid shit too. The movie could be so much more than the comic.

I'm nit picky because I find it cliched and fairly dumb.

I understand the frustration with it, but look at some of the more successful MARVEL movies, did you enjoy iron man or the incredible hulk? They had plenty of cliche and stupid things that didnt have to be there, and I would hope they would treat The Punisher with less of this type of cheesiness but its not like it hasnt happened before.

Your missing the point, different situations. That scene shows frank using suppressive fire in a manner in order to cover himself. These are gang bangers that would be hard pressed to be out in the open when being fired upon and would hardly be able to return accurate fire. In the '04 movie that tactic was not nessacary, Frank has just detonated a small mine and everyone in the room was stunned. Every shot count because Frank was not under heavy fire from a highly mobile and aggressively poised enemy everyone in the room was stunned. That stunned baddies situation allows for a quick but methodical sweep of the room, Frank only had to deal with 1 or 2 enemies at a time which allowed him time to make sure he did it right.

Did he need to use the cover fire to make it to a better firing postion or something else? we have yet to see, but it is indeed an unconventional yet viable option

I get what you're saying.

But it appears that he gives up on the suppression fire to slide on his knees in the middle of the hallway to spray and pray.

I get what you're saying.

But it appears that he gives up on the suppression fire to slide on his knees in the middle of the hallway to spray and pray.

The sliding motion pretty much lets us know Frank knew someone was waiting above, what else do you suggest he do in that situation.

He was moving down a hallway and when confronted with one enemy crouched down onto his knees in a low firing position since he had no cover in the immediate area. When 2 more enemies appear Frank flips to spraying ammunition, I do not understand how people think that even someone such as castle just walks around getting one shot kill on anything that moves, multiple shots are a sure was to make sure someone goes down (especially an adrenaline filled enemy). Thought it looks like "spray and pray" castle quite apparently takes down his foes without even any return fire. Those clips are not edited properly and are fragmented so they are a terrible example. Notice also that in the beginning when Frank is knocked down he quick draws his pistol (instead of scrambling for his m4) and puts not one, not two, but three rounds at center mass dropping his target.

The sliding motion pretty much lets us know Frank knew someone was waiting above, what else do you suggest he do in that situation.

Who knows what he should have done, it just doesn't seem right to me.