Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

True...though if they were willing to re-work it once Lexi got on board...why not a re-attack with Jane? In hindsight, I agree with your assessment. I'm interested to hear Tom's thoughts on the film once it's released. Of course...that will be a bit.

James...I said I thought he was too pretty for the role...not that he was a pretty boy. There's a difference. Wolverine was primarily drawn for either Jack Nicholson or Clint Eastwood when he was rendered in the likeness of a given actor. Neither are pretty boys and both are rugged enough for the role. Maybe what I'm looking for is that weathered look.

Frederic

Yeah, I know what you were talkin' about. I wasn't meaning for it to sound like you were talkin' about pretty boys I was just meaning that there's been alot of talk lately. Not just in the RAW forum is what I meant, it's been in other forums and on the news for some reason.

JO

I don't see any reason why a character from a comic book has to look exactly the same on film. There are more ways to convey personality and characteristics on film than there are on a flat piece of silent paper. You can have a rough personality and still look, okay, let's say handsome (as opposed to the "p" word) on film. On paper, you need to get that across in a different way.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't see any reason why a character from a comic book has to look exactly the same on film. There are more ways to convey personality and characteristics on film than there are on a flat piece of silent paper. You can have a rough personality and still look, okay, let's say handsome (as opposed to the "p" word) on film. On paper, you need to get that across in a different way.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, just look at Heath Ledger as The Joker, looks nothing like his comic counter part. Ledger would've never crossed my mind for The Joker, but seeing the trailer, he seems perfect.

Guest FADoss
Yeah, just look at Heath Ledger as The Joker, looks nothing like his comic counter part. Ledger would've never crossed my mind for The Joker, but seeing the trailer, he seems perfect.

And Nicholson in the first one....same thing. I had a fairly easy time seeing Heath in the role, but I had no clue he was going to do what we've seen in the preview. TRULY PSYCHOTIC.

And hey...look on the bright side...Warzone can't be worse than Daredevil! :)

I'm really happy to post the cover below to Punisher: War Journal #17 by Alex Maleev. Its good to know someone (in Marvel) remembers the skull Thomas Jane wore and embraced...

punisherwarjournal17byakf5.jpg

I was watchin the Extended Cut with some buddies yesterday, and when the screen turned black and the credits started rolling - we just couldn't believe THAT film would not have a follow up. That the journey Jane began, ended on that bridge. Who woulda thought (4 years ago) that this could happen? Its a nasty feeling, but its unavoidable at this point. That skull is long gone. But I can still remember...

thomasjaneisfrankcastletb1.jpg

-TL

Guest FADoss
Well...

Why does the face of Maleev's Punisher look more like Ray Stevenson?

Glad someone else noticed that as well...

Oh my God.

My earlier post was an homage to Thomas Jane, inspired by Maleev's choice to depict the JANE skull in his CURRENT cover. The name Ray Stevenson should in no way, be part of a reply to that post. There's no fuckin need to point out anything, because that post ain't about Stevenson. Capiche? Allow those of us that wanna remember Jane as Castle to do so in peace.

-TL

I'm just saying. Jeez, if you can say that the skull is reminiscent of Jane's, why can't I say the face is reminiscent of Stevenson's?

Guest FADoss
I'm just saying. Jeez, if you can say that the skull is reminiscent of Jane's, why can't I say the face is reminiscent of Stevenson's?

I really don't see too much similarity between the skulls either...

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm more inclined to ask what happened to his right pinky finger . . .

BUT, I do like that Maleeve used that skull, even if I think it looks way too small. He's such a great artist!! One of my favorites.

And he does kinda look like Ray in the drawing TL, and not really at all like Tom. But man, that pictures of Tom is kick ass!! I've never seen that one before. Very cool.

I'm a big fan of BLACK/WHITE/BLOOD art work....but I think it is a streeeeetch to say he looks like Ray, I think if he wanted him to look like Ray we would be sayin" Wow there's Ray!"...

That's one of my favorite covers though! Thanks TL.

shit....it does....Glad I'm not on your shit list!....i'm, uuhh, not am i? Mr. Punisher, sir? :(

Guest FADoss
shit....it does....Glad I'm not on your shit list!....i'm, uuhh, not am i? Mr. Punisher, sir? :(

Not if you think I look anything close to as bad ass as that drawing you're not. Carry on soldier. :)

Oh my God.

My earlier post was an homage to Thomas Jane, inspired by Maleev's choice to depict the JANE skull in his CURRENT cover. The name Ray Stevenson should in no way, be part of a reply to that post. There's no fuckin need to point out anything, because that post ain't about Stevenson. Capiche? Allow those of us that wanna remember Jane as Castle to do so in peace.

-TL

In peace? Are you serious? Arsh didnt kick down your god damned door shoving his Stevenson opinion down your throat like YOU seem to do with Thomas Jane...Let us enjoy our Punisher topic in peace...PLEASE AND THANKS or should I say Capiche in order for you to understand?

hahaha, just toss in some red hot chilli peppers while you're stirring that pot! :P

Not again guys...... I'm telling Tim! jk. Can we chillax here though? It's the holidays guys! ; )

Guest FADoss
Not again guys...... I'm telling Tim! jk. Can we chillax here though? It's the holidays guys! ; )

The perfect time for bloodletting on the net. ;)

Doss, what do you mean you don't see "too much similarity between the skulls"???

punishertheaz9.jpg

punisherwarjournal17byaxe6.jpg

There is only ONE Jane skull. It is NOT the skull Stevenson will wear in Punisher: Dickzone. For a further description on the Jane skull, talk to the guy that drew and photographed that skull over 10 times - Mr. Tim Bradstreet.

-TL

Guest FADoss

BACK TO THE THREAD'S TOPIC!

2116675267_667993d0b7_m.jpg

Lexi Alexander and Ray Stevenson take a picture with Mike Lee, Justin Diedolf, Dotan Baer, and Matt Sigloch on the final day of Ray Stevenson's combat training in California, shortly before the production moved to Montreal Canada.

2119585298_f2b679c476_m.jpg

Ray Training with a sawed off automatic machine gun!

2119584700_fdabdf5f21_m.jpg

JB during weapons training with Ray and his stunt double Mr. Jeff the Wolfe!

2118807509_d1722d343f.jpg

This is a prototype weapon used by the Punisher in the final battle of the movie. It is a Smith and Wesson model 500 .50 magnum that was converted by Knight's Armament Co, by request from Jon Barton and Monty Hom to give the Punisher the most unique hand cannon ever seen!

WOW! Ray Stevenson is looking flat and blocky. Unimpressive as fuck. Then again, he only had 3 months in the gym to prepare - so I should be more lenia-- fuck that, no. I looked more defined after Thanksgiving dinner. This is supposed to be a "Punisher" movie. I'm guessing their gonna feed him 3 bottles of Ripped Fuel and take away his fish and chips. They could have at least given him some Humatrope to size him up.

Its sad to see they're using Jane's skull on that gun.

Oh Doss, who gave you the authority to say "BACK TO THE THREADS TOPIC!"??? You an Administrator now? In this Board, you have NO command. But thanks for the update on how sucky Stevenson is looking.

-TL