Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

noelandlovesflowers-

Well, maybe not the assdonkey part. Or the douchbag part. He might not say dry hump either

what's an assdonkey? cause a donkey is an ass. Its another word for it so you're basically saying ass-ass. Which is a little excessive but if you were to flip it around you might have somethin' there. donkeyass. now, you got an ass of an ass.

which is pretty low and thus, a powerful insult.

also- I'm pretty certain the production of a comic book or graphic novel isn't as expensive as a film and your guys idea of justice for the Punisher may be even better felt and controlled through that form. just an idea.

and I don't think anyone would say 'dry-hump' I haven't heard that one since 6th grade.

However, just a side note- Richmond Arquette as some of you may know- Thomas Jane's brother-in-law had a small line in the FX show 'Dirt' which was probably the most obnoxious slur I have heard to date. He was playing a papparazzi who called someone a donkeybreath pantyhead.

I don't think anyone can top that.

sveinx

Touche! There it is.

I guess it was the scary and bloody part of the interview which made me forgiving of the comedy line. But again, I'd like to see what he DID with the role...before I accuse him of acting like a moron for 90 minutes.

Judging a book by its cover has been a classic blunder for many...

I mean, if you were to judge TL by what he posts here...well...

But he's actually a pretty cool guy! :D

Fred

It's pretty obvious by the trailers he's gonna be chewing so much fucking scenery in this movie, West has his tongue so far in his cheek his about to give himself a Glasgow smile. Travolta will have seemed restrained from the last movie. Poor McNulty.

As for Sutter,

Apparently the writer responsible for the less than organic dialog has not been submitted for arbitration.

It looks like Lexi is going to be uncredited.

simple story, very obvious dialog and the inclusion of as many characters from the anthology that a movie will allow.

Not exactly saying it's shit, it's just another cliched and obvious film.

And Jane's outline seemed pretty similar to Hensleigh's first draft, that script just needed a little more refining and having some of the goofy and pointless shit cut out. Ah, well.

And Jane's outline seemed pretty similar to Hensleigh's first draft, that script just needed a little more refining and having some of the goofy and pointless shit cut out. Ah, well.

you are right there. This was an idea that I had originally worked out with Jonathan. my favorite part was we had taken the scene from the comic with daredevil tied up on the roof with one bullet in a gun. frank was gonna kill some murderers unless DD shot him - you know that scene? we'd written that in replacing DD with The FBI chick. that woulda been fun.

Guest FADoss

Just got "Kitchen Irish" and have only thumbed through it, BUT I see ALL the colors. I see the ultra violence. I see the fucked up villains...Frank bites a fucker's face off for Christ's sake.

How in THE fuck can people talk about how great ENNIS'S MAX stuff is while at the same time criticizing the violence of the War Zone flick? It's downright idiotic.

Fred

I think people are worried that the violence from the MAX series won't translate well to the big screen. Given some of the footage from the red band trailer, I can kind of see why.

And Tom(Jane that is), what do you think of Ray Stevenson as Frank? Do you think he will give a good performance? I think if the movie does suck completely, he will be one of the few good things about it, or the only good thing.

Maybe we should let Tom judge the performance of Ray on the performance itself, we haven't seen the film yet.

Lets all be fair on both Tom and Ray and wait until the film is out.

Maybe we should let Tom judge the performance of Ray on the performance itself, we haven't seen the film yet.

Lets all be fair on both Tom and Ray and wait until the film is out.

You mean Thomas Jane can't use his psychic powers to let us know how Ray did with the role of Frank Castle?

(Sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

He has psychic powers?? Why wasn't he in X-Men?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself either)

The actors in X-Men had to have psychic powers?? That must hae been a bugger to audition for.

(Are we off topic again?)

well this thread is damn entertaining. question is, what will we do with ourselves once the damn film comes and goes?

the problem is how things get out of hand and blown around and facts get distorted to support whatever argument some one is trying to make.

i didn't leave over walter hill. i left because i saw in castle a true tragic figure in fiction, and i loved the guy and i wanted HIS STORY to be told in a realistic manner that is fitting the tale.

Haha. You're so cute, Tom. :P I love this little thong guy.

http://www.fangoriaradio.com/AudioClips/11.../ThomasJane.mp3

"... if you can't have Walter Hill with Punisher 2, you don't get Thomas Jane." It's about 3/4 of the way through the interview.

Nomad

you are right there. This was an idea that I had originally worked out with Jonathan. my favorite part was we had taken the scene from the comic with daredevil tied up on the roof with one bullet in a gun. frank was gonna kill some murderers unless DD shot him - you know that scene? we'd written that in replacing DD with The FBI chick. that woulda been fun.

That would have been a great scene. Another one I really liked was when Castle turned himself in to get to a pedophile, once the job was done he just walked out of the police department.

Guest FADoss
Haha. You're so cute, Tom. :P I love this little thong guy.

http://www.fangoriaradio.com/AudioClips/11.../ThomasJane.mp3

"... if you can't have Walter Hill with Punisher 2, you don't get Thomas Jane." It's about 3/4 of the way through the interview.

Nomad

Walter Hill and Tom would have made a FANTASTIC film!!!

How is it they always catch them man drinking?

Fred

Fred

I dunno, Fred. And I'm afraid to speculate!

Nomad

I dunno, Fred. And I'm afraid to speculate!

Nomad

No, it would have been fucking awesome.

Fuck, John Dahl would have made a good director, though I don't know if he was in talks before or after Tom left.

No, it would have been fucking awesome.

Fuck, John Dahl would have made a good director, though I don't know if he was in talks before or after Tom left.

Yes, I may even agree with that. My response was to this comment:

How is it they always catch them (sic) man drinking?

Fred

Nomad

FE - I have to politely disagree with you here.

I think the point TL is attempting to make is that Sutter certainly implies the negative aspects.

It's clear based on Lexi's veiled retort that she did indeed read between the lines of what Kurt said.

Kurt's a professional writer, He knows how to drop a dig and make it seem like support.

His message was sent and the intent was felt by those in the loop.

As for most other people reading it, taking it at face value, perhaps it seems innocuous.

I think it's very clear what Sutter is saying.

But keep in mind too that his draft was pretty much tossed out after TJ left (maybe before).

He tasted the sting of that.

Still, he's a smart guy. He knew what he was writing, and also knew where they were heading.

If he was aiming a barb at anyone it was in the direction the movie was taking, not the fans.

- tb

Yes, I understand that. He very clearly points to some negatives, but he never says "the movie is shit" like Logan loves to throw around.

Is the dark country going to be in theatres before it goes to dvd?

At worst it should get at least a limited theatrical release.

Yes, I understand that. He very clearly points to some negatives, but he never says "the movie is shit" like Logan loves to throw around.

No FE, not in so many words.

He's clever like that.

TL sees what he sees between the lines of those words and you see what you want to see.

That's the nice thing about good writers, their words can be interpreted in so many ways ;)

- TB

Is the dark country going to be in theatres before it goes to dvd?

Check the Dark Country: Straight To Video??? thread for updates.

We'll let folks know about Dark Country's true low budget fate as soon as we know.

- tb

Fred

Geoff Boyle, Howard Smith and myself have to take the blame for that one, along with TJ naturally.

We had a rare day off from Dark Country and we went to Landry's in Albuquerque and got smashed.

Believe me, we needed it.

Suddenly Tom gets a call from Dee Snider. We all went NOOOO, don't do the interview now Tom!!!

You can actually hear us in the background trying to take his phone away ;)

What can you do?

;)

Holding Tom accountable for something he said while a bit smashed is a thin argument.

Still, despite what Tom said a few pages back, the Walter Hill issue was a contributing component.

Not the all-encompassing one TJ mentioned here, but definitely part of the overall picture.

- tb

Holding Tom accountable for something he said while a bit smashed is a thin argument.

Still, despite what Tom said a few pages back, the Walter Hill issue was a contributing component.

Not the all-encompassing one TJ mentioned here, but definitely part of the overall picture.

- tb

That's what I was thinking, the Walter Hill factor was just an extra nail in Tom's Punisher coffin.

Fred

Don't give up so fast Fred, they can still make a film together :)