Sign in to follow this  
xNLx

The Lurkers

Last I read about The Lurkers, Steve did another draft of the script, and then.... uh, nothin'. Anyone know of any updates on it?

Oh yeah, and I can't talk about The Lurkers without showing my proof I ordered off Tim:

lurkers2.jpg

Can't see it too well in the photo, but its signed by Tom too and is 1/100!

Straight from Tim's site. There's a link on the side I think that leads to another site that sells his prints, books, and proofs.

Here's the official blurb from RAW Studios:

"THE LURKERS (horror/crime) - In development at Lion's Gate Films

Based on the hit comic series from IDW Publishing The Lurkers explores a dark world where the lines between the living and the dead are drawn ever closer."

http://www.raw-studios.com/about.html

Jen

Guest FADoss

Yet another film I'd love to work on from the RAW crew. No info on imdb for this one yet... I suppose we'll find out here first.

Frederic

Here is the latest skinny -

Niles is bringing a new deal to the table with Lion's Gate.

The initial development deal that Tom and Steve struck with LGF has run it's course in terms of the length of their deal.

During that time Steve wrote a first draft of Lurkers but there was no movement on the property.

At least 2 other IP's (that I know of for sure) were included in the original deal. "In The Blood", and "Dark Country".

LGF ended up passing on Dark Country, when that happened the rights for the material reverted back to Tab Murphy who had written the screenplay.

Tom continued to shop it around and eventually landed a deal with Sony/Hyde Park - The rest of the story on Dark Country is history ;)

Now also during this time both Tom and Steve had differing creative views which resulted in Steve opting out of RAW (we're all still great friends).

So with Tom and Steve parting ways, and the recent expiration of the original development deal, Steve went back to LGF and has, or is, striking a new deal.

The first priority is The Lurkers. Hopefully he will have some fresh news to share with us on that front in the very near future.

I for one would love to see it move forward the way it was originally intended, written by Niles and starring Jane.

We can't let that cool teaser poster art go to waste for God's sake!

;)

- TB

Damn, Tim , sorry to hear that Steve decided to part ways with RAW, but I'm glad that you guys are still good friends. I hope this deal does go through as planned. It would be a crying shame to see that awesome artwork go to waste. Keep us posted.

Mediumfan

Now also during this time both Tom and Steve had differing creative views which resulted in Steve opting out of RAW (we're all still great friends).

So with Tom and Steve parting ways, and the recent expiration of the original development deal, Steve went back to LGF and has, or is, striking a new deal.

- TB

Glad to hear it was an amicable parting of ways.

So does this mean the RAW Entertainment webpage will be updated sometime soon?

Yep, the RAW web page will reflect Steve's departure soon enough.

And I also must say that after having talked to Steve last night it seems I was a bit off target on my Lurkers report.

The news I posted was several months old apparently. Since then things have changed.

The latest news is that Lurkers will not be staying at LGF. It's my understanding that Steve is shopping it around.

So as of now that's where it stands.

Here's hoping Steve finds a home for it soon!

- TB