Tiara

Shock Festival

It pulled up for me; no problems.

That sucks ass Noeland, Film Threat has banned you!!

;)

This from Romano -

SHOCK FESTIVAL is getting a lot of good press. We got BOOK OF THE MONTH in Fangoria, and the review is a drooling, cracked-outta-the-park rave. They also wrote us up fine in last month's issue (attached.) I haven't seen the new review yet, but according to Richard Griffin, the director of BEYOND THE DUNWICH HORROR, it's a thing of beauty. I'm trying to get someone to give me a scan of the article, because it hasn't come out in Austin yet. We will also be getting a good review in the upcoming issue of RUE MORGUE, which hits stands in just a few days. Also, a great interview feature in FILM THREAT, here:

http://www.filmthreat.com/index.php?sectio...ews&Id=1216

A GREAT cover story in The Austin Chronicle:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Is...id=oid%3A693649

PLUS, we will be getting an IN-DEPTH interview over at Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk's very popular official website THE CULT, I believe next week. That fetaure will be seen by MILLIONS of people.

So far we're five for five:

“A stone groove and as badass a tome as you're likely to come across this year or the next. If you love grindhouse, sleaze cinema, or B-movies in general, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy.”

--FILM THREAT.COM

"Stephen Romano is the Robert Rodriguez of horror! Not only do I give SHOCK FESTIVAL my highest recommendation, I'm even calling it my favorite book of 2008.”

--COMICS 101.COM

“It’s GRINDHOUSE meets SPINAL TAP. Romano’s bizarre world of fringe movie madness is authentic, raw, hilarious and brilliant.”

--DREAD CENTRAL.COM

“One of the greatest homage to B-cinema ever undertaken . . . Shock Festival is a breathtakingly thorough overview of over 100 movies and a slew of filmmaker and actors who never existed -- but which you'll believe actually did by the time you finish reading.

And your eyes don't even have to touch the words to be convinced, thanks to the down-to-the-smallest-detail perfect collection of posters, newspaper ads, still photos and other visuals Romano and his art team have created. ”

--FANGORIA

“Romano’s pseudo-journalistic endeavor (is) a genuine revelation, an event that’s hardly, if ever, been done: the merging of fact and fiction into something too outrageous to be the truth, and too disarmingly ghastly/gorgeous to be anything but.”

--THE AUSTIN CHRONICLE

Awesome stuff so far, now if we could only get a mention in Rolling Stone!

- TB

Someone mentioned a podcat with me, yes? Actually, I've done two recently:

http://anomalyaudio.net/2008/10/27/stephen...ficial-podcast/

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJc58yLlCGs

plus here I am introducing SHOCK FESTIVAL at teh Alamo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC-9TKUSfY

I'm a lame fuck.

STEPHEN

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey, if this hit bookstores on the 25th, how come amazon isn't shipping yet?

I want me some shock festival already!!!

That sucks ass Noeland, Film Threat has banned you!!

The funny thing is, the links to Stephen's Interview worked great.

Go fuckin' figure.

Great interview by the way. The story about Del Toro standing up and shouting in the theater was hilarious.

Awesome links Stephen. The Drafthouse shenanigans looked like a blast.

I lament at having missed the trailer reel and am also quite vexed at having missed seeing that screening of a mint print of Star Crash.

Someday.

Looks like you had a ball, the OTHER side of Stephen Romano to be sure ;)

Noeland, Guillermo was a holy terror that night. He was screaming at the screen at times, yelling stuff like FUCK YOOO! to the characters, amongst a host of other derogatory insults. It was total Mystery Science Theater 3000 mayhem. I laughed my ass off. I'd never seen Phantom Of The Paradise (which was the film he screened for us), and busting my cherry on it in this fashion was beyond lunacy. Classic.

- TB

PS - Anyone who is planning on picking this book up, PLEASE share your thoughts on it with us here after you've had the opportunity to digest it's glorious, rotten fruit.

Guest AdminGuyX

Just a heads up Tim, looks like Amazon is having some issues with shipping this. I got an email from them today saying it's delayed.

Is it in book stores? I'll just cancel my order with Amazon and go buy it.

Apparently there is an issue with the binding of the book which has delayed the physical release of the Shock Festival.

We don't want to put out something that's going to fall apart on the good folks who pick this up so we've yanked back the books we had and the printer is fixing the problem.

I just found out about this a few days ago and am still attempting to get the complete story. The delay could keep the book from stores until Christmas which is a true shame.

This book is a fall book all the way. I'm pretty pissed but what can you do. This stuff happens.

We'll keep everyone apprised of the situation. Check back for updates.

- Tim

Apparently there is an issue with the binding of the book which has delayed the physical release of the Shock Festival.

We don't want to put out something that's going to fall apart on the good folks who pick this up so we've yanked back the books we had and the printer is fixing the problem.

I just found out about this a few days ago and am still attempting to get the complete story. The delay could keep the book from stores until Christmas which is a true shame.

This book is a fall book all the way. I'm pretty pissed but what can you do. This stuff happens.

We'll keep everyone apprised of the situation. Check back for updates.

- Tim

Aw man, first time on the board and this is the news :(. Thanks for the info though, I've had this pre-ordered since June time and can't wait to see it. Here's hoping to hopefully getting it before Christmas! I can't wait!

OK, so I just spoke with Justin Eisinger over at IDW and so far the bad bindings seem like an isolated incident.

IDW has had no issues with the copies they were sent. The problem seems isolated to the advance copies that were shipped to Texas for Stephen.

Justin related to me that he's been ABUSING a couple of copies of Shock Festival and he's having difficulty replicating the problems that arose with the Texas book bindings.

He says the books are fine. Diamond has accepted their shipment and what I was told is that the books will ship to stores on the 19th of November.

They are looking into the Amazon issue, but since all seems fine with the bindings it's probably just a delay caused by the shipment of the books from Korea.

So Good News!

In a nutshell, I think Amazon will be shipping out the books, it's just that they will be a couple weeks late.

IDW will keep me apprised of the Amazon situation and I'll keep everyone posted.

Welcome to the boards kidcage ;)

And thanks for supporting Shock Festival!

- TB

Also, stand by until a week from today when Shock Festival will make the front page over at Chuck Palhinuik's Website, THE CULT.

Spotlight on the book and interviews with Romano, me, and Thomas Jane. Great questions, GREAT interviews (seriously), conducted by Joshua Jabcuga.

We'll provide links here when it goes live.

xo - TB

Yeah this is awesome news!

I have to say, with everything I've seen from this, you guys have outdone yourself. I thought it was great how you incorporated fans in too with the poster contest and the trailer contest (heh, cheap plug: I did "Amazing Mutating Freak.")

Love to hear good news like this!

I LOVE the poster for Amazing Mutating Freak!

Congrats on getting an image in the book.

It's really just too fucking fun isn't it?

- TB

I LOVE the poster for Amazing Mutating Freak!

Congrats on getting an image in the book.

It's really just too fucking fun isn't it?

- TB

Oh no, I didn't do the poster idea, when there was a trailer contest run on Dread Central and such, I ended up getting "Amazing Mutating Freak" as the trailer to do. Should have been a bit more descriptive there, sorry.

I love the poster for AMF and also Day of the Insects. I think there's art in here I'd LOVE to have up on my wall.

I'd love to see some of these made into movies, full length or short.

lol not a problem. I did post the trailer on youtube though. A search for Amazing Mutating Freak brings it up, go figure.

But see, now all this talk gets me all excited for it again, and now I have to wait on Amazon.

Eh, good things come to those who wait! :)

Also, stand by until a week from today when Shock Festival will make the front page over at Chuck Palhinuik's Website, THE CULT.

Spotlight on the book and interviews with Romano, me, and Thomas Jane. Great questions, GREAT interviews (seriously), conducted by Joshua Jabcuga.

We'll provide links here when it goes live.

xo - TB

The web site is www.chuckpalahniuk.net

It's a great site, I've been following it since Fight Club came out. There are some pretty good interviews there and if you need something great to read, there are plenty of author suggestions. Highly recomended. Can't wait to read the interview.

Here's the Romano interview on Chuck Palahniuk's site, The Cult - Grinding Out A Riot Act

Read about why you'd be crazy not to pick up a copy of Shock Festival! . . . That is, if it ever hits the racks. I think it's just a slight delay and more news on that as I discover it. Still not exactly sure what the Amazon issue is but IDW is on it.

shock1.jpg

Also, Chuck blogs about Shock Festival on his myspace page!

Rock and Roll, not sure when my interview goes up but I will update accordingly.

- TB

More Shock ad art . . .

stephen-romano5.jpg

- TB

HELL YEAH!

Great stuff on chuck's site. Are they using this artwork with the big 'x' made from filmstrips? I worked this up for stephen a while ago and be nice if its used somewhere. I cannot wait to get my hands on the book.

Guest AdminGuyX

Amazon has notified of me of delivery, so, should be here very soon!!

That ad art looks so damn cool. I love those background textures by the way. Nicely done.