Tiara

Shock Festival

I did not know where to put this, but it is from RAW Entertainment, sooooooooo...congrats!

IDW releases Stephen Romano’s SHOCK FESTIVAL

TB and TJ mention:

The book is being co-branded by Raw Entertainment, the multimedia company run by comics veteran Tim Bradstreet and actor/director Thomas Jane. “Tim and I have been trying to work together for years,” Romano says in a PR statement. “I bugged him all throughout 2007 when I was getting SHOCK FESTIVAL going, and now that it has become a reality, I’ve managed to drag him into this mess. Tom Jane now appears in the book as one of our wild characters—a B-movie tough guy named Elliot Swann, who has a dark secret—and that’s so awesome. We have Ashley Laurence from HELLRAISER in there, and now we’ve got the f**king Punisher, too!”

See below for an update including major information on the book's release from the creators -

Presented to you by the publishers of 30 Days Of Night and Bad Planet - IDW and RAW Entertainment present - Shock Festival.

Shock Festival is a tour de force journey through the twisted back-alleys of an underground Hollywood Babylon you've never dreamed of.

This new coffee table book is the brainchild of screenwriter Stephen Romano and is PACKED FULL of ONE HUNDRED AND ONE of the most bizarre, obscure, monster movies, blaxploitation films, slasher flicks, and perverted sci-fi celluloid masterpieces no one has EVER seen. From the super sexy Starfire Beyond The Galaxy to the nauseating Universe Of Blood, SHOCK FESTIVAL will make you grin with delight at the idea of a parallel universe of trashy films that should have existed.

Shock Festival is loaded with rare, never before seen movie poster art, lobby cards, and movie stills. Romano is your stalwart and interepid guide, lending first hand accounts of this lost galaxy of auteur and maverick directors, drug fueled lunatic actors, and a kaleidoscopic journey through their sleazy world behind the scenes. Book design by Romano, art direction by Tim Bradstreet.

Poster art by Stephen Romano, and award winning artists, Michael Broom, David Hartman, and Tim Bradstreet.

Just take a look at the links provided and you will see, Shock Festival is a must have.

Scheduled to be released October 25, 2008 . . . Just in time for All Hallows Eve!

Take a look at a delicious sample of the poster art from The Late Night Thrill-O-Rama, Shock Festival.

Here's one to wet your whistle -

img20.jpg

More news coming - Stay Tuned!

- TB

Wow, this is incredible. I am a huge fan of the exploitation films of the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

These films look like stuff I would have gone out of my way to see (if only they actually existed!).

The artwork is appropriately "low budget" and in many cases, snot flying hilarious. "That F*cking Cat" had me rolling on the floor. This book looks like it has really captured those lurid films of yesteryear. And didn't Michael Broom do some concept design for The Mist? And Tim Bradstreet too!

I've seen some of Romano's work floating around and it's super fun.

The book just looks awesome. Great idea and from what I can see, marvelous execution.

Sign me up. I want a copy NOW!

PS - Is Jane a part of this thing besides the RAW co-brand?

Golgotha, you are already scoring points left and right with your obvious good taste and intelligent questions . . .

You have the Shock Festival dialed in. I'm glad we have people around who get it.

Shock Festival is my baby as far as RAW is concerned.

I brought it to Tom and he loves it. But he is too busy to take an active part in things.

He's letting Stephen and I take the ball and run.

One thing he did do was allow us to use his likeness for a certain character/characters within the book.

Call it a fictitious alter-ego. He loves the stuff Stephen came up with, and that's where the lion's share of my artistic contribution lies.

It should be stated clearly that this book is the love child of Romano, it's HIS baby, and he's spent the last YEAR of his life giving birth to it. 99% of the work is his.

Stephen invited me in to lend my artistic eye to the whole thing and as such, his earlier effort with the book has been overhauled in a HUGE way for the better.

We're all very excited about this and Tom loves what we've done with it. I'm very proud of what Romano has accomplished.

This is a cache of cool shock festival features over at DREAD CENTRAL

Don't miss it.

- TB

Just an update -

I spent the last three days conceptualizing, creating, and jamming with Stephen Romano on no less than 6 new poster designs for the book.

And I have to say I had the time of my life. Stephen has been doing this for a year and a half with nobody paying him for his efforts.

Makes my three days seem like a hiccup by comparison. The point is, I can see why he'd pour his heart and soul into a project like this.

Even without the bank.

It's an absolute fucking scream to design away with no one telling you what to do.

Just your own imagination and sky's the limit.

I gotta check with Stephen, but I'm hoping to post at least one of the designs here on the boards very soon. Stay tuned.

- TB

Here's a glimpse of one of my designs for Shock Festival.

The poster features Thomas Jane's alter ego, Elliot Swann as Nathan Oblivion.

Edge Of Oblivion is the sequel to Riding Shotgun, the film that made Swann a star.

EDGEOFOBLIVIONsmld.jpg

Don't you dare miss SHOCK FESTIVAL.

- TB

Awsome work as usual Tim. Are your posters eventually going to end up on Plycon's Keep? That would be great.

Here's a glimpse of one of my designs for Shock Festival.

The poster features Thomas Jane's alter ego, Elliot Swann as Nathan Oblivion.

Edge Of Oblivion is the sequel to Riding Shotgun, the film that made Swann a star.

EDGEOFOBLIVIONsmld.jpg

Don't you dare miss SHOCK FESTIVAL.

- TB

RAW Studios needs to make this movie.

My writing partner and I are actually discussing bringing one of these films to life (one of the films I conceived).

Though not Edge Of Oblivion, as that character is born of Stephen's mind. My title though ;)

Still, I think folks would love to see some of this stuff realized just as you suggest.

Stephen is also a screenwriter. He's writing partners with Don Coscarelli of Phantasm and Bubba Ho-Tep fame.

And he co-wrote one of my favorite Masters Of Horror episodes, "Incident on and Off a Mountain Road".

In fact, the inaugural episode.

So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that he may develop one or two of the better concepts.

That would be crazy cool.

- TB

Great poster. You said before that Tom didn't have time to do much with this project, so I'm guessing that the shot in the poster is from a Criminal Macabre shoot? It reminds me of the Fulci films, Zomibe , or Zombie 2 (which is the same film) in particular.

Guest AdminGuyX

See, this is why I love Raw. This is the kind of shit we (as in geeks like us) sit around talking about.

"Wouldn't it be cool if someone did a book loaded with fake movie posters, just exploring the art of the movie poster. Man, that'd be cool as hell."

Well, OK, maybe it's just movie geeks that I hang out with.

;)

And now, you guys are publishing it. Jesus H. Christ on a cross.

Stephen is also a screenwriter. He's writing partners with Don Coscarelli of Phantasm and Bubba Ho-Tep fame.

Stephen, you rock. You rock. You rock.

Tim, you need to get out there and direct a fucking movie already. I mean it now. A short film even, something for the website, or hell, maybe just for shits and giggles.

You know damn well we'd all love it. And Tom has all this Frighten the Horses music laying around waiting to be used.

I'm just sayin . . .

Noeland - I KNEW you'd dig this. I'm glad you finally got in here and saw this stuff. There was no possible way you wouldn't be totally into the whole concept ;)

And let me illuminate Stephen's hard work and supreme effort even further . . .

He painstakingly, lovingly, created all of the folds, dirt, spackle, and other detritus that completes the stylistic illusion of the old, folded, moldy, water damaged, dated, aged, stressed, poster art - Lobby cards - paperback book covers, soundtracks, all the merchandise with his own two hands. It took him the better part of a year to perfect the illusion. He shot, scanned, painted, learned photoshop , and design until it threatened to drive him insane. His efforts here are tremendous.

The Edge Of Oblivion Poster is fairly close to what I handed him, but a lot of the other pieces I created were further enhanced by Stephen in what could only be described as the perfect jam of two minds on the same inspired wavelength, each with their specialty. I can't tell you how proud I am of the shit we came up with.

Hopefully I'll be able to share more here before the book comes out.

Tim, you need to get out there and direct a fucking movie already. I mean it now.

Dude, there is nothing I would love MORE.

- TB

Oh MY GOD! This poster is AWESOME. And Tim, I completely agree with Noeland. You should direct. And that comes from a screenwriter for what it's worth.

Noeland, thanks for your pointing out my avatar on the warzone topic. Kolchak is a favorite of my youth.

Noeland, I couldn't agree more that this would make a great short film or maybe even a lower budget indie horror movie. And having Frighten the Horses for the soundtrack would be fitting. Tim, go direct this and get Noeland to be your Asst. Director.

Like, right now.

Seriously, do it.

So I'm really diggin this mock poster and even though most likely it won't amount to anything because of Hollywood politics, it does serve one very important purpose:

It fortifies the idea that Thomas Jane NEEDS to play Cal Macdonald in the CRIMINAL MACABRE motion picture.

I truly hope you sent an enormous 8000 megapixel version of this poster to that Niles guy Street.

That film has SO MUCH potential to not be its precursor crapola 30 Days Of Night, and unfortunately for Mr. Niles that lies on Jane's involvement.

[Getting really off topic] Jane's CRIMINAL MACABRE could be another Twilight Zone: The Movie or something very 80s and nostalgic. Maybe even Late 70s if shot properly (GRINDHOUSE).

Maybe ShockFest can be the spark required to inspire certain individuals to seek out the tools needed in order to make that film what it oughtta be - a Thomas Jane film.

WHO'S WITH ME?

-TL

P.S. Maybe this was your plan all along Streetman...

I'm with ya' TL. The poster really reminded me of a grindhouse flick, which would be a perfect way to go with a CM film.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm with you TL. I think TJ should be the first name on a short list of 1 for Cal.

Thanks Andrew. That made my day.

:)

And Kolchak is so cool. That particular photo is my favorite of him!!

He painstakingly, lovingly, created all of the folds, dirt, spackle, and other detritus that completes the stylistic illusion of the old, folded, moldy, water damaged, dated, aged, stressed, poster art - Lobby cards - paperback book covers, soundtracks, all the merchandise with his own two hands. It took him the better part of a year to perfect the illusion. He shot, scanned, painted, learned photoshop , and design until it threatened to drive him insane. His efforts here are tremendous.

I'll say it again. He rocks.

The work and the time SHOW in every way. The stuff posted thus far is just, as I've said before - big dumb grin enducing perfection. I love that it's found it's home with RAW, and that you've got to do some of this stuff too Tim. I know how much you love designing posters, and CD covers and the like.

Gush. Gush. Gush. ;)

I love this stuff.

And hey if they can't get Jane for whatever reason, they could get James Purefoy, he's like his doppleganger. Or shit they could do a Cal story involving an evil doppleganger with Jane and Purefoy.

You know I once had an idea for a zombie hooker movie.

I just saw a preview on a DVD the other day for some kind of zombie pole dancer chicks thing. Can't remember the name. Looked fuuny-stupid though.

I just saw a preview on a DVD the other day for some kind of zombie pole dancer chicks thing. Can't remember the name. Looked fuuny-stupid though.

That was probably Zombie Strippers, it's stupid.

That was probably Zombie Strippers, it's stupid.

Oh yeah, that was it. Somehow I don't equate zombie with sexy.

Anyway, a thousand pardons for going off topic.

-skye

Guest AdminGuyX

I'd like to say that giant bug movies are a personal favorite of mine, or were when I was a kid anyway.

Roughly, how many giant bug movie posters can we expect in this release anyway?

B)