kwiat_skye

The Butler's in Love

OMG, when are we going to get to see this??! :unsure:

Is there any official distribution planned? Any screenings? Any way to put this on YouTube or a similar public site? Just making some suggestions (and noise). :P

Jen

Someone at Jen's Yahoo group found this and posted it today.

The Butler's In Love Part I

The Butler's In Love Part II

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Jen, but I just thought I'd share this.

Thanks for sharing. Been looking for this for a while. It's been about 4 months since I contacted Le Tourment about it, and no word back, so this is a pleasent surprise.

Finally! :) The story went by like nothing! Hopefully they can add it to a short movies dvd thingie in the future or something.

Let me see on the imdb list here..

The Butler's In Love... Check!

Someone at Jen's Yahoo group found this and posted it today.

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Jen, but I just thought I'd share this.

No worries MediumFan! Please steal my thunder because sometimes I can't get to this Forum to post info asap, so I appreciate the help in getting the word out on anything related to Tom. :D

I didn't thinks we'd ever get to see this short film. I love the longing looks Tom gives that woman at the table and then when he has her empty absinthe glass...

Jen

I really thought this short film was beautiful. Loved Tom. Loved the music. Wish I could've seen it in 3D, though. But at least I finally got to see it.

The Butler's In Love will open the HollyShorts Film Festival in August! Here's the scoop:

"The HollyShorts Film Festival is breaking new ground with a screening of David Arquette’s 3D short film, “The Butler’s in Love,” chosen to open the fest’s sixth annual edition in August."

http://riskybusiness.hollywoodreporter.com...llyshorts-fest/

Jen

The Butler's In Love will open the HollyShorts Film Festival in August! Here's the scoop:

"The HollyShorts Film Festival is breaking new ground with a screening of David Arquette’s 3D short film, “The Butler’s in Love,” chosen to open the fest’s sixth annual edition in August."

Jen

That is fantastic news! I wish I could go see it in 3D. I bet it looks amazing.

Jen

Kewl! I wonder if that means it'll be released elsewhere soon. Maybe even on dvd. Let's hope.

Just wanted to thank jen for helping me find this. I really do appreciate it thanks again. :rolleyes:

I smiled through this when it showed up.

Mark Stock's beautiful paintings caught my attention years ago while collecting Jack Vettriano's stuff (also with a butler).

San Francisco's 'Bix' restaurant is wonderful and 'the lady of the house' was Jennifer Siebel-Newsom. She married San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. Funny thing... An old acquaintance (a musician) was a dinner guest sitting in front of Thomas at the table. He changed his name to Cole Panther when he became an actor, but I knew him as Robert Seidler (Ah, the '80's).

http://youtu.be/bKXw--xBU9g

The Butler's backstory is well done here too.

http://youtu.be/owWitARqrKM

Absinthe is very interesting stuff (have a bottle of Le Tourment Vert here). There are some really good ones out there that are less anise-flavoured and contain more wormwood and are especially enjoyable.

How late am I !!!!

Only just watched this over lunch what a great little short.

Oh Geoff, I am so much later than you on this one. Where is part 2? I need to see the end of it...

This is a little gem, with so much attention to details. The wind in the white feathers shawl as we first see TJ... The artists's cloths performing during dinner... and the silver "sugar gripper"...

TJ looks stunning.

Found it! The link at the beginning of the thread is working :-)

The time David took to show the butler and the glass scene: putting the glass straight to his lips would have been plump. Instead he's mentally stroking her hair or caressing her throat. TJ shows it with his fingers playing on the table. How delicious.

It's a perfect short for me: this Angelique is also daydreaming and projecting so much out of this painting. 😉

It's a damn good short. 

And I'm even later still!  Quite beautiful........stunning set and colours, but once again and sadly for everyone else involved Tom acts them all off the screen.  And he only had one line!  His screen presence is simply sublime.

And doesn't he look dashing, all suited and booted?

1 minute ago, Gail Bentley said:

And I'm even later still!  Quite beautiful........stunning set and colours, but once again and sadly for everyone else involved Tom acts them all off the screen.  And he only had one line!  His screen presence is simply sublime.

Yep!

Just now, Gail Bentley said:

And doesn't he look dashing, all suited and booted?

Yep yep yep!

I love The Butler's in love ...