kwiat_skye

The Butler's in Love

The following is a straight pull from Jen's Thomas Jane Yahoo Group:

[Thomas_Jane_2] Thomas Jane Short Film Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:44 AM

To: Thomas_Jane_2@yahoogroups.com

FYI - SCSC members and local 3D moviemakers are invited to the Los Angeles Premiere screening of "The Butler's in Love," An Absinthe Inspired Short Film by Tourmented Films and David Arquette, starring Thomas Jane and presented in Next-Generation 3-D Technology.

Screening is Monday, June 23, 2008 at 8:30 pm at Grauman's Chinese 6 at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, California.

A reception is immediately following the screening brought to you by Le Tourment Vert at Teddy's (across the street) at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel 7000 Hollywood Boulevard

To attend this free 3D screening/reception email RSVP to butlerLA@convergegl obal.com

-- Ray 3D Zonewww.ray3dzone. com

"One of life's most fulfilling moments occurs in that split second when the familiar is suddenly transformed into the dazzling aura of the profoundly new." -- Edward B. Lindaman

God I wish I lived on the coast (sometimes). I wonder if this will make it's way to the net or on a dvd at some point in time. Yo, Tom, any news you can give us on this project? Like a future mass release or anything? Much appreciated and thank you kwiat_skye for the news.

Hey kwiat_skye - Thanks for adding that info here from my Group on Tom. :) I was going to add it asap, but then work got in the way... :lol:

Anyway, this is the 1st I've heard of this short film - and I'd love to know more about it. It's so hard to get short films released to the general public though... :(

I hope some peeps here can go to this screening and fill us in with the deets. I hope this gets press coverage! :D

Jen

I'm with you, Jen. This is the first I've heard of this, and I wish I was on the left coast so I could see it. Oh,well, maybe it'll make it's way to dvd one day. (Yeah, right).

Mediumfan

That's so cool. Thanks for the info, k-skye! Love that pic of Thomas in the butler's costume! :lol: What a handsome devil!

I hope this at least gets released on dvd or online in some format. I'd love to see it. Since it's only 12 minutes, a dvd/theatrical release is highly unlikely. Maybe if one of them has another movie coming out, they can add it to the dvd as a special feature or bonus. I'd love to see it.

Mediumfan

Here's a little more info about this movie that I found in Variety. Apparently it's the first in a series of shorts that David will be directing and as I'd hoped, it will be available online, but it will also be released as part of a dvd collection. Yippee!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798785...=1&nid=2562

Mediumfan

Thanks a lot for finding this article mediumfan. I am excited about this.

I am in Pasadena for a wedding, and flying back out tomorrow at 10 AM. I was at Gruaman's yesterday to show my daughter the place and to take pictures of a friends star for Promo T-shirts. I left a manufacturing master burning in a Mac Pro on Friday in Seattle, so can't just bail on the return flight. What is up with my luck?

Joe

Thanks for that mediumfan. Can't wait for this to come online. That poster is awsome.

Here's a link to a short video from the premiere last night, with Thomas and David and a few others talking about the movie. It's short but neat.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/HollywoodLi...ve-premier.aspx

Mediumfan

Such a great find, MF. Thanks so much!

Amy

I LOVE absinth. I can't wait to see this. What I really want is to get a copy of the poster from this. Just amazing.

I think the poster is kick-ass too. Obviously there isn't a movie one for sale yet but I did find the origional rather easy in-case anyone is interested in that.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/The-Butler-i...rs_i383272_.htm

That print is nice, but I'd really like to have a movie poster with TJ as the butler. That was absolutely awesome.

Mediumfan

Thanks for the link Andrew, but I agree with MFan. Whoever did the poster took that image and took it to another level. (and I'm not just saying that because TJ is in it, although, it didn't hurt any ;) )

Well hell, I completely agree with you two. Thought it was neat to see the source material but yeah, I hope they get the Jane one up for sale pretty soon. That and the MC one that Allcock did.

I just wanted to add a pic from the event:

TJGrouppic.jpg

and let you know that Patti and Dawn have been adding tons o' pix from this event, so there's lots of Tom goodness at the Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group, plus many pix with Patricia and some of David Arquette. Also check out Dawn's Patricia Arquette Yahoo Group for lots more pix! :)

Jen

Day-um, who are those two good-lookin' guys? :P

Thanks for sharing, Jen. I love TJ's hair like that, don't you? ;)

And here's a peek at some of what's at my group.

cc23.jpg

Thanks to Patti for sharing her pics too.

Mediumfan

Found this neat little video on Youtube about the making of this movie, from its inception to David Arquette's vision to the premiere. Looks pretty good. The only thing it doesn't tell us is when or where we can see this thing. Darnit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFpEi8vahnQ#

Awesome find MediumFan! :D

Thanks so much for the link. It's cool to see a lil bit of the short film - to see how it was made and what it looks like, and see Tom as the butler, pining away for a love he can never attain, pouring absinthe, and in one brief scene, touching the wall longingly with his finger. Sigh... ;)

I hope the actual film will be available to watch soon.

Jen

The last video that I found about this movie has been taken down, but here's a great sizzle reel about it. This might even be the same video, but the old link no longer works.

When are we gonna get to see the whole thing? :unsure: Can't wait to see this.

Has anyone heard anything new about where or when we can see this? Last I heard, it was supposed to be part of a series that was going to be released on dvd, and that was last summer, with a "possible" release date of August.

So what's the deal? Is this thing ever gonna see the light of day? Or is it one of those hidden gems that's gonna stay hidden on a shelf for years before someone "discovers" it? :P

I've been wondering the same thing for ages now. One of the very few TJ items I haven't seen yet. ;)