Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country

Hell! forget film prints, they are the way of the dinosaur.

This needs, and will only work in a 3D digital release.

No 3D films are released any other way now, what are they wasting money on film prints for?

Geoff

Well I think perhaps it's just me and my bumbling terminology.

I'm not sure what format we watched that screening in.

All I know is that the "transfer" was botched.

Wether or not that transfer was to print or to other digital media I have no idea.

TJ could tell us but I'm not sure he's speaking about the state of things publicly right now.

Too much left to be decided between the director and the studio.

Drop him a line Geoff, I'm sure he could get you up to speed real quick.

xo - TB

Guest AdminGuyX

So this is for sure getting dumped on DVD? Not even in 3D? THAT SUCKS!!!

If people can send nuts to CBS to keep Jericho on the air, we should be able to do something to let this studio know we want a better release than that.

Lets rally the troops and get behind this film.

What can we do?? Ideas?

So this is for sure getting dumped on DVD? Not even in 3D? THAT SUCKS!!!

If people can send nuts to CBS to keep Jericho on the air, we should be able to do something to let this studio know we want a better release than that.

Lets rally the troops and get behind this film.

What can we do?? Ideas?

Send pictures of our nuts to Sony?

One of the petition sites might have a sliver of a chance of making a difference. Of course, we'd need to get some sites (dreadcentral, AICN, etc) to post it, since unfortunetley I don't think we'd have the man power here to make the difference.

While i think a petition is a traditional avenue, I think angling for a proper showing in front of an enthusiasitc audience may make a stronger impact. Any chance DC could get a digital 3D showing at the upcoming Long Beach Con?

I REALLY like the idea of sending pix of our nuts, it verges on agit prop. But not all of us have nuts - how 'bout a collective a "moon" shot. :P

But not all of us have nuts - how 'bout a collective a "moon" shot. :P

I like that idea! :lol:

Sony's looking to get Spidey swinging again. We could threaten to kidnap Sam Raimi ;)

Not sure what we would have to do to get the studio to listen. The film is small enough, plus it supposed to be the first all 3-D film to come out, you think they'd just go with it. I wonder how one could get someone like Cameron or Peter Jackson to pipe up. They're trying to get the 3-D ball rolling, and sacking this film would only seem like a step back.

Guest AdminGuyX

Kidnapping, mooning, dirty photos. I LIKE where your minds are at, but I was thinking more along the lines of letter writing and maybe all of us shooting empassioned youtube videos pleading with Sony to support the film, and not just dump it. If we all post them on the same day, and we let someone know ahead of time, it might even get some media coverage. Never know.

It seems like a simple enough sell, but the studio is going to do what they're going to do as sad and really shitty as it may be. Like it's been mentioned, the best bet would be to try and get it to another studio.

Love all the DVD covers and such so far. KEEP THEM COMING.

We're in the process of putting up a dedicated Dark Country web page and we're going to post all that stuff there when it goes live.

The sooner you can feed us your wonderful works of art the better chance it will have to make it up on the site.

I've a feeling TJ will stop by soon here to second our call for entries.

So don't delay, work up some cool stuff, feel free to do feux DVD covers, alt movie posters, whatever flip yer lid.

I repeat, we'll be publishing the goodies on the official DARK COUNTRY site!

We should have lots more photo content, some movie clips, downloads and a ton of extras to check out when this thing goes up.

We'll keep you posted.

- TB

Update:

darkcountrydvdprecopy.jpg

I think this here is pretty much what I'm settling on. Maybe a few tweaks here and there. Alternate posters though....

Tim, I have a larger file if you'd want that for the site. Give it a real crisp print out.

Awesome job Shawn, also good to have a nice serious attempt and this one is aces.

Here's one tweak for you - In your credit block - Film editing should read - by BOB LAMBERT and JOHN LAFFERTY.

Bob gets first cred but he does share the cred with John.

Also add (and this info is for everyone) - "CO-PRODUCER KARRI O'REILLY", best slot is to add after Paradise and before Ashok and Patrick.

Stand by all you designer maniacs, I'll get back to each and every one of you for file sizes, just keep working up the goodies!!

xo - TB

Awesome job Shawn, also good to have a nice serious attempt and this one is aces.

Here's one tweak for you - In your credit block - Film editing should read - by BOB LAMBERT and JOHN LAFFERTY.

Bob gets first cred but he does share the cred with John.

Also add (and this info is for everyone) - "CO-PRODUCER KARRI O'REILLY", best slot is to add after Paradise and before Ashok and Patrick.

Stand by all you designer maniacs, I'll get back to each and every one of you for file sizes, just keep working up the goodies!!

xo - TB

Done and done. I'll post a sample if I change anything else, so we'll just have to have some good faith that I actually changed it.

And anyone else who wants to do one, hit me a PM with your e-mail if you want the Raw logo. I have a bigger than you'll ever need size of it, so I can easily save anyone a few minutes of work.

Thanks again Tim, you cool.

Tim, I have a larger file if you'd want that for the site. Give it a real crisp print out.

Seeing your special features box reminds me... ever notice how often DVD publishers put "Interactive menus" on the box? Isn't that like selling a car and bragging about how it comes with a steering wheel?

Seeing your special features box reminds me... ever notice how often DVD publishers put "Interactive menus" on the box? Isn't that like selling a car and bragging about how it comes with a steering wheel?

Seeing that always makes me amused. Maybe they're still trying to win over the stubborn VHS fans :rolleyes:

I have ideas, but my artistic abilities are equal to drawing stick figures with crayons. Boo.

Mr. Bradstreet, is there an official movie "synopsis" that has been released?

I have ideas, but my artistic abilities are equal to drawing stick figures with crayons. Boo.

Mr. Bradstreet, is there an official movie "synopsis" that has been released?

If I can field this one... I don't know if its an official synopsis, but I copied and pasted what's on the back of my cover. I believe it was from one of the sites that had the trailer on it.

EDIT: Also, I totally think you should do a stick figure poster all in crayon! I wanna see that!

From Fangoria

The movie comes out October 6 on DVD. And you know, I shot it in 3-D; they’re not even going to put it out [in that format].

FUCK-ER!!

"Technology hasn’t quite caught up with the home system,” he said. “What’s going to happen in the next couple of years is that Blu-ray is going to be to able to support really good 3-D for the home, and televisions are just now starting to be compatible. So what you’re going to see is a rerelease of DARK COUNTRY in 3-D on Blu-ray, and that’ll be the way 3-D is meant to be seen. So when that happens, I’ll be very proud of DARK COUNTRY.”

So... 2-3 years till we get the cool 3D version.

And yet, we get another Final Destination in 3D. 3D movies are hot right now, why not just release it in a theater? Bahhh, executives.

Hey now, the Final Destination movies are fucking fun. They can keep making those till the end of time.

As for the news, well I'm kinda glad they are going to hold off on releasing the 3D until DVD/home theater can catch up with it. Because, My Bloody Valentine looked great in 3D on the big screen, but on DVD it was annoying.

Hey now, the Final Destination movies are fucking fun. They can keep making those till the end of time.

As for the news, well I'm kinda glad they are going to hold off on releasing the 3D until DVD/home theater can catch up with it. Because, My Bloody Valentine looked great in 3D on the big screen, but on DVD it was annoying.

That was one of the hold ups for me to buy the dvd. I dug the 3D in the theater, but wasn't sure how the transfer would be. Is it really bad, or is it just not so hot on a small screen?