Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country

Thanks for the updates, TB. I wanna see that trailer too!

Oh, and as was alluded to in the Thomas Jane section, when and if this movie does get a premiere, and if you decide to invite some of the RAW family, I'm tossin' my name in the hat. ;)

That would be the coolest thing ever, and would be a perfect highlight for my LA experience. I'm just sayin'. :P

Uh, likewise!

Who wouldn't?!? ;)

I'm getting really excited about Dark Country. can't wait to see it.

Tim, did you get my message about the Sci-Fi London Film Festival, if it was ready in time for a UK screening .. will email Ray Zone tonight.

Have you seen clips in any of the diff setups ? (RealD / Dolby) - does it look better in one format over another ? And do you think you'd get it into an IMAX ? I know U23D went down that route, but I'm not sure how well it will translate from one scale to another (not well I think)

Have a good weekend, going to buy a 3D LCD monitor next week !

Here's some of that Killshot trailer goodness! My wife really wants to see this one, too!

Killshot Trailer Link

Hope I linked correctly!

Damn... that actually looks interesting

And Dark Country is sounding interesting as well... even though I usually don't care for thrillers that much

Shit... this means there are now are 4 Tom Jane movies I'm looking forward to seeing

The Mutant Chronicles (whenever the hell that's actually getting a release)

Killshot

Dark Country

and of course!... Give 'em Hell, Malone

oh... and just to be a wise ass...

As to some of the earliest posts... Eastwood's characters in both A Fistfull of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More actually had a name. Its Joe in the first one... (though he's only called that once at the very end) and Monco in the other (this time he's called by name at least twice if not three times). It's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that he is never referred to by name except for being called Blondie by Tuco.

Sorry... I love those films and just couldn't help being a wise ass to point that out

Now on with the regularly scheduled discussion...

I'm getting really excited about Dark Country. can't wait to see it.

Tim, did you get my message about the Sci-Fi London Film Festival, if it was ready in time for a UK screening .. will email Ray Zone tonight.

Have you seen clips in any of the diff setups ? (RealD / Dolby) - does it look better in one format over another ? And do you think you'd get it into an IMAX ? I know U23D went down that route, but I'm not sure how well it will translate from one scale to another (not well I think)

Have a good weekend, going to buy a 3D LCD monitor next week !

Ket - I passed the message on to Tom.

Said he'd love to get a print to the festival, but we have to have prints first and Tom is still trying to get all the post finished.

Should be soon but I have no intel on an exact time table. I know that the music (score) is not ready yet and that there is a CGI sequence that is still in flux.

Sony was very encouraged by the success of MBV 3D this past weekend and have suddenly realized that they too have a 3D horror film in their hip pocket.

So Tom is expecting some shake and bake to happen. As soon as we have any kind of official word from Tom or Sony we'll report it here.

What is the deadline for submission?

Maybe they could work out a screener?

Not sure if they'd want to send out a rough cut though.

- TB

Said he'd love to get a print to the festival, but we have to have prints first and Tom is still trying to get all the post finished.

Should be soon but I have no intel on an exact time table. I know that the music (score) is not ready yet and that there is a CGI sequence that is still in flux.

Sony was very encouraged by the success of MBV 3D this past weekend and have suddenly realized that they too have a 3D horror film in their hip pocket.

So Tom is expecting some shake and bake to happen. As soon as we have any kind of official word from Tom or Sony we'll report it here.

- TB

good news. I'm so happy that MBV3D did so well. really showed everybody how well a 3d genre film can work and the huge potential. this can only be good news for dark country. and as for it screening at scifi london fest......fuck yeah. in my backyard! I hope that works out with the post schedule.

good news. I'm so happy that MBV3D did so well. really showed everybody how well a 3d genre film can work and the huge potential. this can only be good news for dark country. and as for it screening at scifi london fest......fuck yeah. in my backyard! I hope that works out with the post schedule.

I'm coming in late on this topic but reading up...it sure looks like a great film! I can't wait to check it out! I'd like to think I will work with you guys some day soon. God willing... I'm an actor/producer and of course a fan.

Cheers,

Robert Gordon Spencer

Thanks Tim,

I've sent you the Festival Director's contact details. hopefully they can work something out !

Cheers !

Ket

I've only just recently come across this forum. Have already read most of the threads. ;)

This film (Dark Country), sounds amazing. It's like I had a dream about the perfect film and then came on this forum and there it was, not only being made but starring one of my favourite actors Mr Jane. I hope everything is going well with pre-production because haven't heard anything In a while.

Regards,

MuseDawg

I can't answer for the party since I was forced by commitments to skip it.

But I checked in with Todd Farmer and he said Eric Lewis was incredible.

Not sure how long Eric performed for but word is, he blew the crowd at TJ's away.

Hopefully Tom or Todd will comment further.

- TB

That sounds great. I haven't heard any of this guy's work. Anybody know of anything he's done that I can listen to?

I looked him up on IMDb and this is what came up. Is this the same guy? Looks like most of his work to date has been in television, with a few forays into films.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1401351/

Would love to hear some of his stuff. I'm curious to see what kind of music he might be doing for Dark Country.

Just a brief overview of what Tom said during the Dallas Comic Con conference in January - that the sound/music and effects are being worked on, with a target of wrapping up by end of February, and that he hopes to take the film to festivals and show it in 3D, and then, in his dry deadpan way, he said it's an odd movie - because he can't make a normal one! :lol: Thank goodness for that! :)

Jen

Sounds really good. Can't wait to see it! :)

I hope he'll never make "normal" films! :D

As reported here by Tiara - From the thread in Thomas Jane section -

Including here as well - Thanks Tiara!

After yesterday's update from actor Ron Perlman regarding Thomas Jane's upcoming thriller Dark Country, our pals at Quiet Earth have alerted us to nine photos they've scored from the film.

No photos of Perlman, but there is Jane, who's pulling double duties as actor and director, and Lauren German sporting blond hair, as opposed to the dark locks she had in Hostel: Part II. You'll find two stills below; look for the rest here.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10079

darkcountry-photo1.jpg

darkcountry-photo2.jpg

During the shooting of Mutant Chronicles, Ron Perlman and Thomas Jane became such good pals they decided to reunite for Dark Country, Jane's directorial debut that was shot in 3-D.

"It's very film noir," Perlman tells ShockTillYouDrop.com during a recent phone interview. "It's got a bit of a Stephen King tonality to it. It's a guy driving across the desert by night and it's a spin-out story. There are things that are happening that go way beyond the pale. I play a sheriff and I find this guy by the side of the road and he's completely disheveled and hysterical. He's lost his wife. These forces are coming down on him and I'm trying to restore some order and figure out what's real and what's not real."

Perlman says his role is a complete contrast to Collie Entragian, the murderous man of the law in Desperation.

Jane also stars in Dark Country with Hostel: Part II's Lauren German. The film is currently awaiting release through Sony.

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10070

Also including follow-up posts for continuity -

This from JWeber -

Wow. The last two pics really made my mouth drop open. It's been a long time coming, I can't wait to see this on the big screen.

This from yours truly -

Yep, those definitely look like graded screen caps from Geoff Boyle. They look identical to the tests I saw him playing with while we were shooting.

But could also very likely be completed shots from the film. Tom could shine better light on this. I heard from Sony marketing today asking about promotional imagery too, so it looks like things may be ramping up for Dark Country!

Tom is over the moon about it. He says like it or not, he got to do this film the way he saw it in his head and he is tickled with the results.

It's a Noir-Horror Art Film, but don't be fooled by that last bit. Dark Country should be quite a Hellride, and I can vouch for some excellent performances.

Perlman's presence is a calming force in a world turned upside down. Maybe the only lifeline to reality. Good shit.

- TB

Rockin' good news!

- TB

It’s an obvious connection, but if we’re about to learn anything from these first photos from Thomas Jane’s directorial debut Dark Country, it is that its going to be a very dark film. It also has a very unique, Sin City-esque design to it. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. The actor, whom you may know from The Mist, The Mutant Chronicles and our Comic-Con 2008 floor report (a performance which shook us to our core), is making his directorial debut in an incredibly unique and interesting way — Dark Country is going to be a 3D noir style thriller. Have you ever seen something like that before? Didn’t think so.

It will tell the story of a couple (Jane and Hostel II star Lauren German) who are en route to Las Vegas when they come across a dead body out in the desert, turning their honeymoon into a “hellish ride.” The film will also star Hellboy’s Ron Perlman.

What I find most interesting is that while studios such as Disney and Dreamworks are gearing up big, sleek family films in 3D, Jane and Sony’s Stage 6 Films are actually using the format to do something unique. And it’s a risk, for sure. But lets consider the fact that My Bloody Valentine 3D, which was made for around $15 million, brought in almost $70 million worldwide with a January release. I’m no statistician, but that appears to be a solid draw for an R-rated film with a 3D schtick. And with Jane’s film being rumored in the $5 million dollar budget range, I can see it turning a quick, easy profit if Sony chooses to give it a properly supported release.

This is all fitting news, as we’ve seen dozens of reports from our friends around the web about the future of 3D as studios roll out their plans this week at ShoWest in Las Vegas. As our friend Pete at Slashfilm reports, Disney is working hard to adapt Beauty and the Beast in 3D for an upcoming theatrical run. As well, Disney is also prepping another run of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in the fall in 3D, complete with a trailer for the upcoming 3D adventure Toy Story 3 attached. Also, as Coming Soon reports, Disney will also be giving Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland an IMAX 3D release.

What I’m looking for in all of this 3D craze is inventive use of the format, as we saw earlier this year with Henry Selick’s Coraline. Because if you’re like me, you are already sick of 3D as a gimmick, the silliness that we see in kid-friendly movies such as Journey to the Center of the Earth, in which 3D is used as a gag. Hollywood has invested an unquantifiable amount of money in advancing 3D with the RealD format and IMAX — and not to mention whatever the hell James Cameron is doing in his basement — so its high time we see them do something really cool with it. And from what I can tell, Thomas Jane is a filmmaker who is trying to do just that. So kudos to him. The ball’s in your corner, Tim Burton.

Dark Country is currently pending a release date. For now, just enjoy these new images below, courtesy of the folks over at Quiet Earth.

dark-country-1-590x295.jpg

dark-country-2-590x331.jpg

dark-country-3-590x331.jpg

dark-country-4-590x331.jpg

dark-country-5-590x331.jpg

dark-country-6-590x331.jpg

dark-country-8-590x331.jpg

Source: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/thom...-revolution.php

I hope Tab's getting excited.

Must be nice to finally see some shake-up going on.

Like I said, Sony marketing has been in touch with me so it sounds like they're ready to get off the pot and start promoting.

Just sent them this. Not sure if they'll use it or not, probably not cookie-cutter enough.

Inspired by the great Saul Bass' work on Otto Preminger's The Cardinal.

This is NOT an official poster -

DarkCountryone_sheet2sm.jpg

- TB

What a shame, if they are not bright enough to know just how effin COOL that "NOT an official" poster is! Awesome Tim, just awesome.

I'm with Irish on this. The film comes from a lost genre of film (maybe not, but it sure feels like it is) and the poster is very fitting. Maybe they'll surprise you ;)

I hope Tab's getting excited.

Must be nice to finally see some shake-up going on.

Like I said, Sony marketing has been in touch with me so it sounds like they're ready to get off the pot and start promoting.

Just sent them this. Not sure if they'll use it or not, probably not cookie-cutter enough.

Inspired by the great Saul Bass' work on Otto Preminger's The Cardinal.

This is NOT an official poster -

DarkCountryone_sheet2sm.jpg

- TB

Tab is getting verrry excited. That is one helluva poster, TB. Love it!

TAB!

I was so hoping you were hanging around in the ether ;)

THANKS for the kind comment.

I really hope they go for something like this, or at least get behind me grassrootsing the image around the net to help promote.

Those shots that have been making the rounds look pretty goddamn nice eh?

xo - TB

BTW - Starting a Facebook fan page for DC soon, just an FYI if you are in the house on FB.

I am SO happy things are ramping up. Tim- the saul bass style poster is the tits as tommy would say and those stills are gorgeous. some of 'em are scarily close to my storyboards, it'd be interesting to do a board to final film comparison :)

i want more!