Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country

So, I go to Walmart to pick up Dark Country. They're just stocking the shelves, so I ask the lady if they're getting the movie in. She tells me the only new releases are Snow White.

I assure her I'm not looking for Snow White, and tell her that its straight-to-dvd. Using the term was mistake, since this was the same lady who mocked me once for requesting a Widescreen copy of Batman Begins. At least 4 times she asks what movie I'm looking for (I don't think DARK or COUNTRY are hard to remember) and then checks the one box that is conveniently open and closest to her. Its not in there and she concludes that it can't possibly be in any of the other boxes (god knows skimming 2 other boxes would result in a painstaking minute). Has anyone gotten the impression that my Walmart isn't big on customer support? Although it was humorous that right after I was shunned, it took two employees to help an elderly lady find a lightbulb. I sure hope they didn't have to change it for her.

Bummer, I really wanted to watch it tonight, but I'll try again tomorrow. Who knows, maybe they didn't get it in.

So, I go to Walmart to pick up Dark Country. They're just stocking the shelves, so I ask the lady if they're getting the movie in. She tells me the only new releases are Snow White.

I assure her I'm not looking for Snow White, and tell her that its straight-to-dvd. Using the term was mistake, since this was the same lady who mocked me once for requesting a Widescreen copy of Batman Begins. At least 4 times she asks what movie I'm looking for (I don't think DARK or COUNTRY are hard to remember) and then checks the one box that is conveniently open and closest to her. Its not in there and she concludes that it can't possibly be in any of the other boxes (god knows skimming 2 other boxes would result in a painstaking minute). Has anyone gotten the impression that my Walmart isn't big on customer support? Although it was humorous that right after I was shunned, it took two employees to help an elderly lady find a lightbulb. I sure hope they didn't have to change it for her.

Bummer, I really wanted to watch it tonight, but I'll try again tomorrow. Who knows, maybe they didn't get it in.

UPDATE: So I head back there this morning, and wouldn't you know it, completely instock. Gee, must have been in one of those other TWO boxes. :angry:

Won't be until later tonight I'll be able to give this thing a watch. Gotta get rid of that cover here soon too.

Sorry to hear your troubles, xNLx. On the visibility front, I jumped for joy when I pulled up to a local drugstore on Sunday morning & saw DC in the RedBox machine!

Sorry to hear your troubles, xNLx. On the visibility front, I jumped for joy when I pulled up to a local drugstore on Sunday morning & saw DC in the RedBox machine!

I've been meaning to try RedBox for awhile now. Isn't it like they charge you $25 if its just not returned?

I did get a chance to look at the trailers on the DC dvd. I chuckled at the one with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer. Kilmer has a weird hair-do in the flick, but of course looks like he's straight out of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on the cover! Black Dynamite is on there too, which looks beyond amazing.

Check out this review from a reviewer who was at the Long Beach Comic Con and saw Dark Country in 3-D:

"Thomas Jane’s directorial debut is definitely a must for fans of film noir..."

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/10/...es-DARK-COUNTRY

Jen

Awww, day-um!! The suspense is killin' me!! I probably won't be able to pick it up before this wekend! Damn this working late every night! I'm dyin' to get my hands on this!

Tom is interviewed by Bloody Disgusting site about Dark Country - and Bad Planet:

"...I wanted to tell the story, with a unique visual structure.""

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17599

and

Arrow In The Head's DVD picks include Dark Country DVD:

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=18667

Jen

I got Dark Country in the mail from netflix today, and just had to share what they chose to put on the little envelope the DVD comes in:

"Hung" star Thomas Jane directs and stars in this thriller that follows the hellish adventures of a newlywed couple who rescue a wounded stranger on the side of the road on their way back from their Las Vegas nuptials. When the almost-dead man goes berserk on them, the couple's nightmare is just beginning. Ron Perlman (Hell Boy) and Lauren German also star in this chiller penned by Guerillas in the Mist writer Tab Murphy.

I'll have to go check out that Guerillas in the Mist movie. :blink:

Guerillas in the Mist is an excellent movie!

OK, just remember that after you've picked up Dark Country on DVD and watched it, you can go here to this new thread to discuss it >

Dark Country on DVD

Spoilers will abound so make sure you've seen it before sampling ;)

- TB

Apologies for the triple posting, just wanted to share this Fango article with ya's -

Tim Bradstreet: Exploring the Dark Country

It's a pretty accurate recounting of our conversation though truncated.

The article is missing my praise for Geoff Boyle and Ray Zone.

Hope you dig.

- TB

I didn't see this until now, but apparently at JoBlo.com declared it "Thomas Jane Day" this past Sept 23rd. :lol:

Silly rabbits, don't they know that every day is Thomas Jane Day?! ;)

The article there is in reference to the new official Dark Country site.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php/www.m...ex.php?id=18479

Jen

Whew, Tom's been doing a ton o' interviews and whatnot for the release of Dark Country! :D Here's another one that I'm pretty sure hasn't been posted yet...I hope... :lol:

"I wanted to create a movie that had a distinctive look and feel and tone to it that would turn on people that were just sick of watching the blockbuster and the formulaic sort of nonsense that we're subjected over and over and over again."

http://thecelebritycafe.com/interviews/thomas_jane_2009.html

Jen

All the Dark Country talk aside for a minute...

Tim, seriously, when the Hell are you getting behind the camera to direct something? You got the passion and a nice helping of knowledge.

Here's another interview goodie with Tom for Dark Country - check out this headline for it - too funny! The NY Post really tries to grab the reader...and it's not even a direct quote!

"Thomas Jane: I'm jealous of the people who can watch my movie stoned"

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/thom...6bUGKICWCXaFpLK

Jen

Tim, seriously, when the Hell are you getting behind the camera to direct something? You got the passion and a nice helping of knowledge.

Now that would be cool :-)

Book me now!

Geoff

www.gboyle.co.uk

AMEN!

We have no info as of yet on plans for Region 2.

I just sent off a message to Tom pursuant to getting some Region 2 info out of Sony.

Stay tuned.

- tb

PS - In the meantime, I do believe that Dark Country is available for purchase through Itunes, according to Mr. Geoffrey Boyle.