I'm with you Fred, Jane would have looked so much better. Is it me, or does Brolin look a little bloated in the pic without his coat?

Guest AdminGuyX

He's not getting any love on the AICN talkback either. Some of those folks are downright mean. Someone over there mentioned Jane too (not me) and that he'd of been better.

I agree, Jane's commissioned makeup photo was 100 times better than this shit. he does look bloated, and his arms look short and stubby, and the makeup just looks awful.

I have a feeling Fred is right. The director, the comments by Brolin himself about the script. I think this is just going to be stupid and silly, and hard to watch.

I don't know, I think it looks alright. Sure the make-up could have been better, but I'm digging Brolin as Hex.

Could they possibly have found a person with smaller shoulders? He doesn't look anything like what Hex should look like, he looks like a whoosie, Hex shouldn't look like a whoosie... The makeup is just crap...this movie is going to blow.

Guest AdminGuyX

Here is a full body shot. Frankly, he looks really short here.

brolin-jonahhex3.jpg

The bottoms of his holsters are really close to his damn boots!!!

I honestly have no problem with Brolin outside of the make-up, which just looks like he's a got a really bad rash.

I would have preferred Jane in the role, and his make up was better, but I don't think this looks downright awful. Hopefully they will work on it, and it will look better on film.

Guest AdminGuyX

Oh, I'm sure it will look better on film (I hope so anyway) and he'll probably look 12 feet tall.

I'm judging these photos, which are not flattering. But really, it's not like Hex is a beauty queen. He's supposed to be beat to shit.

I like his hat.

;)

Oh, I'm sure it will look better on film (I hope so anyway) and he'll probably look 12 feet tall.

I'm judging these photos, which are not flattering. But really, it's like Hex is a beauty queen. He's supposed to be beat to shit.

I like his hat.

;)

I don't know much about Hex (I've only seen him on the Batman animated series back in the day, and he was cool in that), but yeah, in the pics, he doesn't really look that tough/rugged. This is just one of those movies I might go see if it turns out to be good.

Guest AdminGuyX
There's a lot of Megan Fox. One guy grabs her and says, "I own you." She knocks him down and says, "Never was much for being owned." We see her doing a lot of fighting and there's a shot of her from behind, nude with Hex in bed.

Does anyone else find that an ironic bit of dialogue for this movie?

There's a bunch of explosions, including the train and Hex riding in on a horse with machine guns mounted on the side.

Yeah. I don't even have a comment for that one.

There's a bunch of Hex scar comments, including one guy asking how he got it and Hex responding, "I'll show you."

Sure. Yes. I will tell the writers to wipe their ass with blank pages, and whatever is there is what we will shoot.

The title comes up with just the letters "JH," which turns into the full logo.

JH. That's just fucking PERFECT. It couldn't be anymore raped and left for dead now that the title has been initialized. WHY do they do that?

Post-title, there's a scene of another guy asking what happened to his face. Hex says, "I cut myself shaving," shoves an axe in his head and says, "What happened to yours?"

The scar is a running thing in the movie because the people involved in this are about as creative as toenail clippings.

The idiots leaving comments are excited because Megan Fox is nude in the trailer. I think I'll go shoot myself in the fucking head now.

This is my favorite one:

I was an extra in this movie, I was actually in the scene right before you see the Gatling guns on his horse swivel up...it's going to be cool

Gatling guns on a horse is NOT COOL. It's idiotic beyond measure. Beyond fucking REASON.

I really hate to sound like a voice from the PW thread, but...THIS MOVIE IS SO GOING TO FUCKING BLOW!

I really hate to sound like a voice from the PW thread, but...THIS MOVIE IS SO GOING TO FUCKING BLOW!

That was so loud, I can hear it echoing through the forum. ;)

Yeah, I think I'll be skipping this flick completely.

Here's a shot of the banner from Comic-Con. Good to see that the make-up will be slightly more gruesome than the leaked photos.

The makeup in the banner/poster has been enhanced to make it look more gruesome, it's just a poster.

In my opinion the makeup from the leaked photos is a much more accurate source.

I like Brolin as an actor, I have no hate or even dislike for the fella.

But those shots, the squat look of the character . . . bleh.

The hat IS cool.

Yeah, they're just set shots and Brolin is bound to look better in the frame but I'm still disappointed.

At least at this juncture. The dialogue and the gatling guns mounted to horses are making my nose bleed.

Jonah Hex has gone popCORN. I don't care if it's violent or not.

Willie (Aw Hell naw!) Smith's Wild Wild West comes to mind.

Thank goodness TJ wasn't wanted.

Although I should say that a lead actor has a lot to say about script and direction of the film. Maybe with TJ all that tertiary rediculousness gets axed for a straight up Horse opera of badassery. We'll never know. Damn.

Color me underwhelmed.

- TB

Wow, what the hell, all that vitriol for a description of some footage (which I don't think sounded all that bad)?

I dug the footage that was shown at Comic-Con. It was essentially a trailer and not long form clips like some of the presentations. I'm not dying to see it, but it looked like something I'll probably see.

Guest AdminGuyX
Wow, what the hell, all that vitriol for a description of some footage (which I don't think sounded all that bad)?

Unapologetically. Its not how I usually conduct myself, but this was something I wanted to be epic, special, timeless and really good. Gatling guns mounted on both sides of a horse just sound like the grindhouse flick Machete, and a truly terrible idea. The movie sounds like everything a Hex film should NOT be.

Unapologetically. Its not how I usually conduct myself, but this was something I wanted to be epic, special, timeless and really good. Gatling guns mounted on both sides of a horse just sound like the grindhouse flick Machete, and a truly terrible idea. The movie sounds like everything a Hex film should NOT be.

Yeah, that does seem like something Rodriguez would do. But everything else seemed fine, and really the JH turning into the Jonah Hex title? Come on.

Not sure if the vitriol comment was directed at Noeland or me or both of us.

Was it hate or disgust?

Naw, I haven't seen a thing but the pics.

I'm just going by what I'm reading in the forum.

Is that fair?

Probably not, it's just my opinion of the direction of this film based on what I know, which is admittedly very little ;)

You know me Mike, read the Omega Man thread . . .

I'm just as willing to jump to conclusions as the next chump.

Feel free to open my eyes. Seriously.

I've been off the radar so I haven't seen or been paying attention to much movie stuff.

I just mainly saw pics I wasn't too impressed by and I don't mean the quality or the nature of the pics, I mean the content, meaning Josh in costume as Hex.

Yes it's just a leaked shot but I think I was really hoping he'd look much cooler. Judging solely from these shots he looks rather dumpy.

I'm a long time follower of the character so naturally my expectations are going to be high, or at the very least opinionated.

I don't want this movie to suck even if I'm being an unfair fanboy at this particuar moment in time.

I love to eat Crow, and I honestly hope I get a full helping when it comes to Hex.

I think I'm just in a corrosive mood too so I apologize if my candor is off target.

:)

On a brighter note, he does look better with the coat. That coat is fabulous.

- TB

It was towards Noeland, Kwiat and Irish. I mean Reacting to pictures is one thing or even footage (it was seen), but this was a reaction to description of footage which just kinda surprised me at how much hate got directed towards it.

Ahhh, gotcha.

Thankee.

You know I would dearly love to see a Civil War era horror/war film with a nice budget.

Love to see Paul Thomas Anderson jump into genre, or someone like Darren Aronofsky.

Goddamn that'd be cool.

- tb