Guest FADoss

So...if not Jonah, I can definitely see TJ uttering the phrase, "My name is Nixon. I'm a tax collector."

:)

Guest FADoss
Looks like every role Jane would be great in, gets taken by Josh Brolin.

JOSH BROLIN IS JONAH HEX

I think these two should have a televised fistfight on the Santa Monica pier.

The event can be dubbed "Quit takin my MOTHERFUCKIN roles!!!"

-TL

At least it's someone GOOD. Woiuld have liked to have seen it go to Jane though.

Fred

At least it's someone GOOD. Woiuld have liked to have seen it go to Jane though.

Fred

Let's see what's the next role Brolin takes from Jane.

*Somehow I feel turning down all those movies last year is catching up with our boy Thomas.

Word goes around from studio to studio and people can't get work anymore,

-TL

I see in the talkback that some people are pulling a bleeding heart on Jane with this Brolin news.

Talking about how Jane got fucked. What? Huh?

Nobody got fucked. No one had a shiv collide with their spine.

I wish these guys would stop that.

All it ends up doing is peeling non-Jane fans out of the woodwork to respond with the normal requisite of reptilian anti-Jane hate.

They act as if Jane himself said he got fucked, which is ludicrous.

Jane lobbied for the role.

He wanted to get their attention.

Jane's pal Akiva Goldsman liked it but the other creative entities had other ideas along this line.

Jane would have been great. Brolin will put his mark on it.

Trust me when I say that Tom is the first one to be realistic about this.

He would have loved the role but there are so many other cool projects on the horizon that I'm pretty sure this has already been forgotten.

Best of luck to Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor, and Josh B.

- TB

Guest FADoss
I see in the talkback that some people are pulling a bleeding heart on Jane with this Brolin news.

Talking about how Jane got fucked. What? Huh?

Nobody got fucked. No one had a shiv collide with their spine.

I wish these guys would stop that.

All it ends up doing is peeling non-Jane fans out of the woodwork to respond with the normal requisite of reptilian anti-Jane hate.

They act as if Jane himself said he got fucked, which is ludicrous.

Jane lobbied for the role.

He wanted to get their attention.

Jane's pal Akiva Goldsman liked it but the other creative entities had other ideas along this line.

Jane would have been great. Brolin will put his mark on it.

Trust me when I say that Tom is the first one to be realistic about this.

He would have loved the role but there are so many other cool projects on the horizon that I'm pretty sure this has already been forgotten.

Best of luck to Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor, and Josh B.

- TB

I REALLY got fucked Tim. They didn't even call me. :(

And I don't even have anti-fans yet.

Fred

*Somehow I feel turning down all those movies last year is catching up with our boy Thomas.

What's an actor to do? If you take every role that's offered you end up like Nic Cage! You gotta turn some things down and sometimes what you want doesn't come your way. Hollywood is not a zero-sum game - it's arbitrary and capricious.

What I wanna know is, will Brolin be rocking a stache in this one. I've found usually whenever he does, he is fucking awesome.

Since Jonah doesn't rock the stache I honestly doubt Brolin will be.

Likeness issues would seem to dictate that Brolin will have to leave his partner at home.

A nice scruff would be cool though.

- tb

Guest FADoss
Since Jonah doesn't rock the stache I honestly doubt Brolin will be.

Likeness issues would seem to dictate that Brolin will have to leave his partner at home.

A nice scruff would be cool though.

- tb

If Will Smith plays Captain America, where will he leave his blackness?

If Will Smith plays Captain America, where will he leave his blackness?

The same place Constantine left his blond hair and his nationality.

I love Will Smith but I'll have to skip Captain America if they turn Steve Rogers into Luke Cage.

And trust me, I'd skip a baddass Luke Cage film if they cast a white guy in the role.

This is equal opportunity bias ;)

and yes, yes, YES. I hated that Smith was cast as another white character, Robert Neville in I Am Legend, and still saw and even really liked the film.

But this is Captain America, this is a pop culture Icon we're talking about. Who'd heard of Robert Neville before Omega Man or I am Legend besides some people with the good taste to read Richard Matheson? It may sound hypocritical but there is a sliding scale at work. Smith is multi talented and fun to watch onscreen, but that doesn't mean I want to see him playing fucking ELVIS ;)

To cast Smith as Capi is a genius move for hollywood bean counters, he's already proven that he crosses all demographics. Smith in Captain America would practically insure the film's huge success. Hmmm, so is it genius or just obvious? The point is that what seems like a brave move is actually anything but. It's the safest move in Hollywood to cast Will Smith in a big budget popcorn film. I'm not saying he wouldn't be great either. There is just a certain place I have to draw the line when it comes to fucking with 67 years of continuity.

- TB

What's an actor to do? If you take every role that's offered you end up like Nic Cage! You gotta turn some things down and sometimes what you want doesn't come your way. Hollywood is not a zero-sum game - it's arbitrary and capricious.

Nicolas Cage may be overdone, but he's bankable.

I've been very open here about how I dissagree with Jane's decision to turn down Watchmen and G.I. JOE.

I understand Warzone, because of his love for Frank.

But the other two were guaranteed vehicles for him and I have no doubt that his casting image has been tarnished by these choices.

Skip Woods' G.I. JOE script is pretty decent from what I hear, even though I have very little confidence in director Stephen Sommers.

Sometimes you gotta take a big film despite its questionable script, to remind people you exist.

If DeNiro can do it, then why can't Jane?

-TL

Apparently the man doesn't want to take pay check gigs, can't fault him for that.

There was some rumbling going on about it and Stan Lee mentioned he wouldn't be against Smith being cast, that's about it. Smith isn't getting cast, so it's not a big deal.

Apparently the man doesn't want to take pay check gigs, can't fault him for that.

Can't applaud him either.

-TL

I do, I am ecstatic that he didn't do GI Joe for the paycheck, no matter how much you think that Jane in the role of Duke would have made that a better film.

You should know that a lot more than just the script was factored into the decision.

As for Watchmen, first of all, Tom did not have an offer on the table. He was one of a small list of guys who Zack was interested in. When Dark Country was greenlit it took Tom out of the running for obvious reasons. I don't know how you can hold that against him. As a fan I empathize with any disappointment there. But to believe he had the role in his hands and refused is off-base.

- tb