Maby it gave the directors a idea :P

I've never read the comic, but I did like Crank and being a fan of Tom... it would get me in a seat for sure.

Problem Tim?

No James, no problem at all, my Buckeye brother.

I was just curious about that statement.

I genuinely wanted to know how you spotted it as a fake the second you saw it.

Have you some inside information?

I was just being crass with the Kreskin analogy (which I found humorous).

By the by, your thought on Stephen King's The Dark Tower with Jane in the lead and Darabont directing is another Kreskin moment.

I say this because I said the exact same thing to Tom only a day or two ago, which incidentally colored my analogy as well.

The Gunslinger, in my opinion is an even better possibility to make as a FILM, as opposed to a comic book movie.

Although Brian Taylor, and Mark Neveldine are quite the hot creative writer duo these days, and I hear their script is pretty damn good . . .

My feeling is that the film will be geared toward a younger audience, which means it may be a cross between a cool idea for a western and Crank.

That's if they direct (and they WANT to direct it).

I'm all for seeing the Western genre get flipped upside down and reinvented for today's audiences as long as it's done in a manner that does not insult the genre.

It seems like Hex could go the prevalent comic book route in the film adaptation. I'd actually hate to see that. But hey, I'm just speculating.

If anything could be done realistically; and action western with horror elements, it's Hex. But my gut tells me the studio won't be interested in that.

My inner Kreskin tells me that the almighty dollar will win the day, that the movie will be made for the Transporter, Crank, Domino, Shoot Em Up, crowd.

The technique applied to a western. I hope I'm wrong.

What DOES interest me is the possibility of The Dark Tower, with Darabont and Jane.

More lyrical, poetic/romantic/gothic version of the western/horror/fantasy/sci-fi ...

The myth made into film. Script itself should be a delight to read. And oh yeah, bloody violent as Hell, but with style.

- TB

I'm all for seeing the Western genre get flipped upside down and reinvented for today's audiences as long as it's done in a manner that does not insult the genre.

- TB

Problem is that the only way to get a western past the money people is to not pose it as a western. The western genre is forced to apologise for itself continiously. There are very very few producers that have the clout to pull an actual western across the line without lambasting it with a cross-pollination of 'it's a western but it's not a western' kindof approach.

Just look at what Mangold had to do with YUMA. Even after his success on WALK THE LINE he couldn't get a green light on YUMA and had to go to a bank. I liked YUMA because it put character first. HEX could work in that regard of edging towards the Horror elements, but if it then turns into an MTV music video then no thanks.

Didn't the COWBOYS AND ALIENS project rise up again with ROBERT DOWNEY JR. the other day?

HEX has been up and down for more years than I can remember but getting someone to sign the cheque is always going to be the big ticket.

As to JANE starring in a western - the man deserves his own DOLLARS style trilogy...

Andrew

Well I meant that it's fake that it's not from the film.

So as you can see, the photo is legitimately Thomas Jane in the role of Jonah Hex, it is just not attached to the Warner Bros. production.

So it's real that it is Tom in that getup and that it wasn't made on someone's computer and it's not from the film.

Found this link.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/20/tom-ja...-jonah-hex-rad/

Ever since Tom did the voice of Colton White in the Western video game GUN I've been hoping that he would do a Western movie.

So then it's all good! Hopefully Jane lands this role.

That's freakin' hilarious that TJ's spec pics (apparently) got picked up by someone "on the inside" and passed off as "real". Still, I love that TJ had the enthusiasm to actually set up the photo shoot and makeup, and do it up right. That's awesome! Maybe that will put an idea into the head of whoever's doing this movie to consider him for the part. Based on the pic and the script review that I read, this part is made for Thomas Jane, much like Frank Castle.

I would love to see him in this movie.

Here's a link to a review of the script, which sounds pretty bad-ass.

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=75

This movie needs to be made, with TJ as Jonah Hex, NO doubt.

mediumfan

Unbelievable how this thing got swirled up in the internet.

Tom called me after he had vacationed with Akiva Goldsman and he was like what do you think of Jonah Hex?

I gushed. He was like yeah, I'd love to do this, I LOVE Hex.

Then he asked me if I would do up some key art with him as Hex, which I did. We got Allcock on another idea . . .

I had actually already photographed Tom as JH once before, for a Hex cover. But I ended up not using it because we didn't have the right hat.

A few weeks later I was home for the holidays and I shot my Punisher model, Tom O'Brien as Hex and got some great stuff. That's what I used on the Hex cover.

So I simply went back to the earlier Jane/Hex shots and started playing with them, replaced the hat, etc . . . I worked up a really cool piece.

I'll show it when I can, but right now Tom doesn't want anyone to see anything.

So anyway, Tom mentioned maybe wanting to do some kind of video or photo shoot so I suggested he get together with Chris Nelson and do the REAL make-up.

Next thing I know there is a photo on FSR.

I'm like what? is this real?

I had no idea he'd even done the makeup or shoot. I tried to get in touch with him but he was busy in the editing room.

So I stayed mum about everything until I heard from Jane.

I didn't find out what really happened until yesterday.

Crazy shit.

- TB

Well I'm glad I got a hold of that photo online and posted it. It seems like it's been a fun ass ride ha?

Fingers crossed, someone at Warner Bros. is paying attention to how much excitment this has caused in the last two days. Maybe that would drop the hint to the bean counters that Jane is perfect for this.

Well I'm glad I got a hold of that photo online and posted it. It seems like it's been a fun ass ride ha?

Yes Raffi, your supreme diligence has enriched us all.

- tb

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I just re-read Al Jaffee's Snappy Answers To Stupid Questions (Excerpts from the MAD Magazine pages) again and it makes me want to be a crass bastard to everyone.

God love him, Jaffee brings out the Jackass in us all ;)

- tb

Incidentally, I mentioned this to Tom who of course, LOVES the idea.

But he also imparted some news to me, which I will share with you all in case you aren't in the loop already.

Apparently JJ Abrams has his hooks in this property and it's being groomed as an event mini series for network television.

Shame there isn't enough confidence to take this the route of Lord Of The Rings and build a theatrical franchise.

However, barring a theatrical release this does make a lot of sense. And I do think it can be done well, especially under Abrams' guidance.

And I could still see Darabont and Jane becoming involved provided the budget and the production values remained high end.

Darabont is no stranger to writing for event TV with The Young Indiana Jones.

And it makes sense that he could adapt, write and direct, one of the episodes.

Further, I bounced the scenario off of Tom, who is traditionally not into TV unless it's something GREAT.

He seemed very open to the possibility.

That would be cool.

- TB

Well I always thought that they can make an HBO series for the Punisher and have Jane run that. You can do everything with it.... Gnucci's, Russian, Jigsaw, Barracuda, Nicky Cavella..... the whole 9 yards. I woulda loved that. I think it would have worked. Most people would probably prefer a movie though. I like it either way. I also want to see Tom in more than just Castle's costume so that goes in 2 directions.

Would Darabont be willing to write and direct all episodes of the show if it were to happen? Even if Tom is open to the possibility of something great like that, is he willing to stick with long term.... 1,2,3 or even up to 5 years? What if something huge comes up to him in the process? I think Tom would be fantastic but I'd rather see him sticking to movies cause I know even GREATER things are gonna come up to him. Not saying that Dark Tower isn't great, but I wanna see Tom from multiple angles cause he's one of my favorites you know?

Tim - Share some of Jaffee's excerpts with us if you don't mind brother.

-Raffi

Would Darabont be willing to write and direct all episodes of the show if it were to happen? Even if Tom is open to the possibility of something great like that, is he willing to stick with long term.... 1,2,3 or even up to 5 years? What if something huge comes up to him in the process? I think Tom would be fantastic but I'd rather see him sticking to movies cause I know even GREATER things are gonna come up to him. Not saying that Dark Tower isn't great, but I wanna see Tom from multiple angles cause he's one of my favorites you know?

Tim - Share some of Jaffee's excerpts with us if you don't mind brother.

-Raffi

Raff -

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean when I say "event mini series for network television."

It's not something that would require a long term commitment. You may have been confused with my mentioning The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

It would be a mini series, 3-5 episodes.

Tom might only be cast as an older Roland which would take some of the heat off him time-wise.

But we're still only talking about a 2-4 month commitment, maybe a tad longer.

Sometimes one writer writes the whole mini series, sometimes the work is split up.

Not even sure if JJ would pen the thing himself or is only on board to guide as big daddy producer/creator.

The whole thing is still at the beginning stages, if even that far - To my knowledge.

Also, just because I enjoy a good thread derailment as much as the next fella . . .

snappy.jpg

- TB

Here is some info on JJ and The Dark Tower.

http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=45

I also read somewhere (and now I can't find the damned artical) that King is such a huge fan of LOST, that he sold JJ the rights for $19. That's an inside thing if you have not read the books.

Anyway, on the Hex front, I'm glad that Tom is taking an active role in getting (or at least showing) the part of Hex. I never really heard of the book until I found out Tim did a cover. I tracked it down and fell in love with it. Now, I can't get enough.

I'm really hoping that this make-up test will end up the same as the story boards for The Dark Country and get this thing green lit with Tom attached. Here's hoping for the best!

Tom was really cool and replied to my question about if he's up for the role of Jonah Hex, etc..., at the start of all this commotion, and here's what he, very succinctly, said:

“not true. I geeked out and of course it leaked out.”

:D Jen

TB -

Apparently JJ Abrams has his hooks in this property and it's being groomed as an event mini series for network television.

Shame there isn't enough confidence to take this the route of Lord Of The Rings and build a theatrical franchise.

However, barring a theatrical release this does make a lot of sense. And I do think it can be done well, especially under Abrams' guidance.

And I could still see Darabont and Jane becoming involved provided the budget and the production values remained high end.

Darabont is no stranger to writing for event TV with The Young Indiana Jones.

And it makes sense that he could adapt, write and direct, one of the episodes.

Further, I bounced the scenario off of Tom, who is traditionally not into TV unless it's something GREAT.

He seemed very open to the possibility.

That would be cool.

That would indeed be very cool, Tim. I love the idea of Thomas playing Roland, whether it's on the big screen or on television. Nothing wrong with television. Look what it did for Patricia. And with Abrams producing, Darabont writing, and TJ starring, that could be Nielsen gold. Or box office gold, depending on which way it ended up going. I'd watch it either way.

Mediumfan

Raff -

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean when I say "event mini series for network television."

It's not something that would require a long term commitment. You may have been confused with my mentioning The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

It would be a mini series, 3-5 episodes.

Tom might only be cast as an older Roland which would take some of the heat off him time-wise.

But we're still only talking about a 2-4 month commitment, maybe a tad longer.

Sometimes one writer writes the whole mini series, sometimes the work is split up.

Not even sure if JJ would pen the thing himself or is only on board to guide as big daddy producer/creator.

The whole thing is still at the beginning stages, if even that far - To my knowledge.

Also, just because I enjoy a good thread derailment as much as the next fella . . .

snappy.jpg

- TB

Thanks for clearing that up Tim. I now understand.

Those are pretty funny by the way. I showed my dad, he got a kick out of it. The funniest thing to a foreigner is easy humor.

-Raffi

You can cast all the actors doing the voices and have a very well rounded film! It's a good idea James.

-Raffi

Plus it had a great story. Just get someone to write up a fairly faithful script with some polish and it would be an excellent film. Good call james.

Hehehe! Thanks.

Some people have complained that Gun’s storyline and levels were too short… that is true but if you look at it another way… it’s almost perfect for a film since the story wasn’t that long. You could also take the soundtrack from the game and put it into the film.

Heheheh! I feel like playing GUN now.