I guess there is a Jonah Hex movie in the works. This may not be news to anyone but it's news to me. I don't read DC Comics (For those who do, sorry to disappoint). Apparently Mr. Jane is up to bat on this. Check it out.........

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/excl...s-jonah-hex.php

Hey Raffi -

I just posted that rumor to my TJ 2 Yahoo Group - and I'm trying to get official word. Isn't that an amazing pic of Tom? I hope this does work out. :D

Jen

I think it's a wonderful test photo. Hopefully it does work out. I don't know anything about this character but I like the way things look there.

-Raffi

That looks amazing. I've always thought it would be awsome if Tom starred in a western. That photo is BA. Hope this all works out. Thanks Raffi for the find.

No problemo. Tom is the perfect westerner of modern day I think. I wanna see Jane play Vin in a remake of the Magnificent Seven

-Raffi

I hope to God this goes through. Jane looks amazing in that shot. Who knows, maybe we could also see another Bradstreet cover for Hex with Jane on the cover in the future. ;)

I have never been one who has just been a Marvel or DC reader. If it's a comic and I find it interesting I buy it. There have been some titles that I have faded in and out on...BUT JONAH HEX? I never miss an issue, period. My comic guy here in New Baltimore calls me when they come in.

I'M TELLING YOU MR. JANE IS BEYOND PERFECT FOR THIS ROLE!

I can't tell you how cool I would find it to have probably my favorite comic book antihero, done on film by somebody I respect as an actor, as much as I do Thomas Jane. I swear I'd see it 10 times in the theatre :lol:

WHOOHOOO! Bring it on, I hope it pans out!!!!

WOW!!!

I've never read Jonah Hex but it would be a dream come true to see Thomas Jane in a western, especially something reminiscent of early Clint Eastwood. He would be SO perfect for that!

Please, please, pleeeease let this come true!!! This NEEDS to happen!!

And that pic is freakin' off the chain! it is so badass!!! I LOVE it!!!

Mediumfan

What some people describe as badass just looks painful to me. I'm just such a sensitive creature. :huh:

Anywho, if the script and production is good, then why not.

I've been a lurker here for months but I had to join when I saw that the Jonah Hex rumor had not been reported here yet.

I'm not real good at posting pictures so I will just leave a link.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/excl...s-jonah-hex.php

I don't know if there is any truth to this but I could die and go to heaven if this was true. I would just want to see the movie first!

Thomas Jane is perfect for this!

Welcome to the boards Golgotha -

Looks like someone did report this earlier.

I'm going to mash your post into the thread on the Thomas Jane boards.

Thanks.

- TB

What do you think of all of this Street? You think it's a good move that your good ol' buddy Jane is gonna take up this role? I DO!!!!

And welcome to the RAW family Golgotha!

-Raffi

Welcome to the boards Golgotha -

Looks like someone did report this earlier.

I'm going to mash your post into the thread on the Thomas Jane boards.

Thanks.

- TB

Whoops. Sorry for that. I don't know how I missed it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Big fan.

Hey no worries Golgotha.

How do I feel about Jane as Hex?

Are you kidding?

I think it's a match made in heaven.

I read on the FSR site in the feedback, someone mentioned Josh Holloway - Leon D. Grance says:

June 18th, 2008 at 4:14 pm - "Wow! Pretty boy or not, JOSH HOLLOWAY would make way more sense than Thomas Jane. Holloway’s at least got an accent and a personality." Leon, seriously, you need to take your medication.

Raffi said - "You think it's a good move that your good ol' buddy Jane is gonna take up this role?"

Raf - As far as I know, the role has not been offered to him.

Jimmy Palmiotti on the newsarama boards said this - "I couldn't be happier if they picked Thomas Jane. he is a fantastic actor."

I've been hoping TJ would do a western for years now. This could be the PERFECT vehicle.

- TB

I think if they'd go as far as testing the makeup for him, they may as well go all the way through with it after seeing how fucking perfect he looks. Unless they tested other actors which I did not see. As for the accent, the man almost has the fuckin accent speaking normally, who the fuck thinks he doesn't? He has to make such little effort to pull the accent off, he's already there dammit! I been dieing to see Jane in a fuckin western. Like I said before, I'd love to see him in a Magnificent Seven remake as Vin. I would LOVE that!!!!

-Raffi

I keep looking at the pic.

I realize they're trying to get it close to the comic, but the mouth is a bit much. For one thing, it doesn't look plausible. And for film, IMO the scarring on the side of the face would be more than enough. If he is fighting zombies or something of that type critter, he shouldn't look worse than they do. Plus, we already have two-face from the Batman flick. You can get enough pathos with this character with "normal" scarring. I don't know if I'm making sense or not. Just throwing my thoughts out there.

-skye

Yeah, but a pretty fucking good fake one.

He does look perfect for the role though.

Of course the photo is fake, I knew that the second I saw it.

Tom would be great for this role. I haven't read any of the stories but if Tom doesn't do it or doesn't get the role.... what about Tom as Childe Roland from The Dark Tower with Frank Darabont as director?

Marveldarktower.jpg

Of course the photo is fake, I knew that the second I saw it.

Bless us with further extrapolation, oh great and powerful Kreskin.

KreskinESP.jpg

- TB

The pic looked real to me. That sucks that it's fake. I still wanna see him helm the role if he gets the chance.

Whoever made that picture deserves a fuckin' reward. I thought it was real as well.

I do like the idea of Tom starring in The Dark Tower. That would be sweet.

On a seperate subject, has anyone read the comic adaptation of The Dark Tower? I was wondering if I should pick it up or not.