Sign in to follow this  
oblrdent

Oblivion Road: First Look

Oblivion Road

Since I found the badass David Allcock here at the Raw boards, I figured this would be the first place I would announce that the latest OBLIVION ROAD illustration is now complete courtesy of David.

There's more to come in the coming weeks!

If you are an artist or you know an artist who would like to become a contributing artist... contact me at blane@globalemarketplace.com or visit the link above to view my current needs. This next one will be a creature illustration and is a pretty important illustration.

Here's Romano's full-size one-sheet for it. Some of the edges are cropped more than they should be. This poster was massive in size and I personally cropped it really quickly.

OBLPST02.jpg

Some of these will be made available and it's very likely some of them will be given away for free. I'll keep the board updated.

Thanks,

Blane

Cool stuff.

oblrdent - I'd suggest uploading images that are a bit smaller in size.

It's not that we don't enjoy seeing the art at full size (I know I do), but it slows down the page load like a laggy puss bomb ;)

Some folks don't have the patience to wait. Also, the large size is good enough to print from.

So in a sense you are giving away free prints with a large graphic like this.

Not sure if that was your intent or not.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Cheers - TB

Hi Tim,

Thanks. Actually I didn't intend to have the original size posted. I corrected it with a smaller version. I also added Romano's one-sheet.

More info about the project will be posted and announced throughout the year.

Next illustration is in the works, a big creature illustration. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

Thanks,

Blane

Cool!

Yeah, saw the Romano poster when I hit the site.

At first I thought I was looking at one of the posters for Shock Festival ;)

Fun stuff.

- TB

Actually it may be included in the book. I don't know 100% for sure but Romano did ask if he could include it in there and I said okay. Hopefully it makes the cut.

It's been fun putting all of this together and Romano and Allcock have been cool to work with.

Blane

Tim,

Was just wondering if you could recommend a printing vendor that specializes with art prints as well as any recommendations for the best paper/material to use for these types of illustrations. Just thought I'd ask and look around before making any decisions. I prefer to go with experience and quality. Got some new illustrations in the works. Sooner or later I'm gonna want to make some of it available. David's working on a new one. I'll give the Raw board a sneak peak for that one as well. I've had a few exchanges with Broom and a few others about doing some pieces for it.

Hopefully I'll be able to spill the beans with what the heck all of this actually is very soon.

Thanks,

Blane