Sign in to follow this  
relias33

Transformers 2

Link above is broken, but can find it

... for now

If this one is anywhere near as great as the first one, it's a must see!

The first one was bloody awesome!

For months we’ve seen speculation and “confirmed” reports all over the web about the return of Megatron to the Transformers franchise in the upcoming sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, but it wasn’t until today when we really knew for sure. The cat was let out of the bag by actor Hugo Weaving, who voiced Megatron in the first film, in an interview with AdelaideNow. In the piece, Weaving responded to the rumors by saying “I’ve already done it,” then adding that director Michael Bay had asked him to keep the news hush-hush. Good job, Mr. Weaving.

Weaving did play coy however, when it came to the topic of how Megatron would rise from the depths of the sea where he was buried at the end of the first film. “I think in the last one, doesn’t Optimus Prime pick up a little bit of, a little shard of the cube, or the thing that’s left, and he takes it with him. Maybe there’s something there… but I don’t know,” Weaving joked.

For those looking for details about the film’s plot, it doesn’t appear as if Weaving is ready to play along. But based on a posting by Michael Bay later in the day on his own official site, someone is willing to give up a few details here and there:

Okay cat is out of the bag. Megatron is back —- but you will only get to see him from the long lost past. We go way back in time as this movie explains the mythology of the Primes. He is not a tank like everyone suggests, but an alien vehicle. But sadly he does not has much screen time.

- Michael

So the film will go back in time to explain even more of the history behind the Transformers, which is pretty cool. It all just adds awesome on top of the sweetness pile that is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Am I right? Scratch that, I know that I’m right.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is due out June 26, 2009. It sees the return of cast members Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Jon Voight, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel and Peter Cullen.

Source: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/hugo...nsformers-2.php

I have to see this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks absolutely stunning!

This thing will rack up over 120 mil opening weekend for sure!

Saw it last night no where near as good as the first and its full off dumb shit but i did enjoy it and it was great hearing frank welker as soundwave again after all these years.

Saw it last night no where near as good as the first and its full off dumb shit but i did enjoy it and it was great hearing frank welker as soundwave again after all these years.

Yeah...it didn't have that one guy in it...not surprised. :) Really looking forward to Soundwave!

Only getting 'alright' reviews, 3 out of 5 from Empire

Saw this this weekend and I have to say there have been very few movies that made me wish for those two hours back, but this might be one of them. Like the first one, the action scenes are great, but often over the top. It felt like they got carried away during the transformation scenes, and just went nuts with the CGI. The story was lame, to put it nicely.

It was a fun movie, but the first one was much better. There were some genuinely laugh-out-loud funny moments in it, which made it watchable. I loved the twins. :lol:

So I hear this movie is pretty racist.

It's not racist... two of the robots are black (the twins) and just cause they talk and act it doesn't make the movie racist. I hate that I heard that about this film.

having seen the film i can tell you that there are 2 things this movie is not...

It is not GREAT...and it is NOT RACIST...

there are 2 things this movie is...

To damned long...and minus Fred Doss...he was missed!

It's not racist... two of the robots are black (the twins) and just cause they talk and act it doesn't make the movie racist. I hate that I heard that about this film.

When they have vaguely simian appearances, gold teeth, claim to be illiterate and shuck and jive that's kinda racist.

having seen the film i can tell you that there are 2 things this movie is not...

It is not GREAT...and it is NOT RACIST...

there are 2 things this movie is...

To damned long...and minus Fred Doss...he was missed!

Flattery will get you everywhere my good man.

When they have vaguely simian appearances, gold teeth, claim to be illiterate and shuck and jive that's kinda racist.

I don't think that was Bay's intention when he made it.

Wanna break it down? I happen to think everyone is a racist and stereotype whether they intend to be or not. It's a sick world we live in. Don't you all agree?

Racist? Watch Star Wars Episode I for stereotypes galore...Watto, the Niemodians, Jar Jar...all very stereotyped. I haven't seen TF2 yet so more to come.