Tim Bradstreet

Criminal Macabre

your coverwork is always kickass Tim keep it up =3

Well, it has to star Mr. Jane...right? I'm not going to be happy if it doesn't star Mr. Jane...

Niles need to get working on the book. It's been a long time since one's hit the shelves. Right now, I'd even take the Bloody Pulp book that was coming out. We need more Cal, Niles! :D

Yeah, if Jane is not cast, I don't know how I'd feel about seeing the film.

The good news is that Steve wants Tom.

Tom's looking good right now with Hung and everyone in town knows how good of an actor he is.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that TJ gets the call if they ever get serious and green light this film!

- tb

I sure hope Tom is the only one on the list to play Cal. What would be the point of going with someone else?

The good news is that Steve wants Tom.

Tom's looking good right now with Hung and everyone in town knows how good of an actor he is.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that TJ gets the call if they ever get serious and green light this film!

- tb

It's got to be Tom, I'm glad he is finally getting his much deserved notice. This movie would be good with out him. But it'll be great with him!

I wanna be in this too! Film in Detroit, Film in Detroit!

I wanna be in this too! Film in Detroit, Film in Detroit!

Yes! Film In DETROIT!!!! Add RAW MEMBERS TO THE CAST!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they won't water the character down.

Actually, you are right, that is a legit concern. The print version of Cal would seem a prime candidate to be tinkered with by studio heads who think he needs to be more appealing to the masses. The print version of Cal is not really a nice guy. They will be concerned by this......course, that's why I love him.

Criminal Macabre

Starring: Tom Jane, Raffi Elias, Frederic Doss, and Andy Dawe-Collins

Yeahhhhh buddddddy!

Hopefully they won't water the character down.

That is the only reason we have not seen Cal on the big screen. Niles has passed on several scripts because they have been trying to do just that. Good for Niles to tell them to bugger off.

That is the only reason we have not seen Cal on the big screen. Niles has passed on several scripts because they have been trying to do just that. Good for Niles to tell them to bugger off.

Honestly Warner Bros. seems like it would be the best place to make a Cal McDonald film. As of late, WB has taken some nice chances with films. Obviously Watchmen having been one of the big risks, but also Observe and Report, Splice and now Inception.

I don't think Universal will do too bad. Besides, Dark Horse and Univerasl have a deal on all DH films.

On the plus side, I guess Niles has read a script he likes.

Hey Raff - TJ is shooting that Miley movie in Detroit coming up real soon.

Lemme see if I can get some info.

I'll send a message soon, like to help you get on in some small way.

- tb

Hey Raff - TJ is shooting that Miley movie in Detroit coming up real soon.

Lemme see if I can get some info.

I'll send a message soon, like to help you get on in some small way.

- tb

That'd be great babe!

Criminal Macabre

Starring: Tom Jane, Raffi Elias, Frederic Doss, and Andy Dawe-Collins

Yeahhhhh buddddddy!

Excellent casting choices!!! But, you forgot to mention a leading lady. I'd be happy to join. ;)

Yes of course!!! Sorry how can I forget!? I thought you primarily were a creator dear ;)

Yes of course!!! Sorry how can I forget!? I thought you primarily were a creator dear ;)

That's true that I am a creator first. But I would NEVER pass up the chance to co-star with Thomas Jane. B)

Just wanted let our forum fans know that I'm officially off doing covers for Criminal Macabre.

The series is about to begin a new round of story arcs but the covers won't be nearly as cool.

Just sayin' . . .

I'm not angry or bitter and there is no bad blood, though I am a little mystified.

I got a call from Niles last week and he personally touched base with me on this topic, which I appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning . . . One reason given was that Dark Horse is said to have wanted something higher profile since there is a movie in the works.

Huh? Golly, I thought that's kinda what I do for a living. Making comics concepts straddle that line between fantasy and reality, and then upping the ante to film properties is something I have a decent track record with.

That one kinda went past me ;) And truthfully, the other reasons given didn't hold much water either.

One thing is plain though, apparently editorial wants a different spin. I hope it's a better spin than the Cal McDonald Mysteries novel collection.

I was supposed to do a cover for that and then got pushed out of the way for a photoshop style cover that is underwhelming.

Too bad, I loved doing the book and have long been a champion of Steve's work on this title starting from the time no one knew who the hell Cal MacDonald was.

At the end of the day it's their book and if they want a different feel then that's their call.

I truly wish them the best. Hopefully I'll come back for a visit someday, we'll see.

For now, this chapter has closed.

- TB

That's a shame, your covers were ace man. My personal fav being the very first one, though I'm biased because of the letter pages.

I hope the covers can live up to yours though, a tall task indeed. And I'll just go out and say it: The short story collection cover sucks. I bought it to support Niles and have most of the kit and caboodle in one tome to carry around with me. The two with your covers and my copy of Savage Membrane with Templesmith's own the collection, by far.

I loved the character of Cal, still do, but honestly, if you look at my collection, the only books I have besides Savage Membraine are the issues with your covers. Hell, I even shelled out of the trades with alternate covers. I don't know if I can find the same enjoyment buying another Cal book now. Nothing against Steve, but it was a two-birds situation for me. Cal and Bradstreet covers.

They better give you the film posters or there will be hell to pay ;)