Tim Bradstreet

Criminal Macabre

BP5 should be out this coming Wednesday ;)

I'm working on #6 right now, trying to get it finished.

It's been tough trying to get the book done because I have to work it in between other jobs.

Just a necessary evil. I lobbied to wait on soliciting ANY of the books until we had 4 in the can but Tom was seduced by Image wanting to get the whole thing out there NOW, and by the fact that he'd have close to $60,000 invested, just flying around in the breeze until they were finally released if we waited.

Not my dough so I can't fault Tom for wanting a return on some of his investment. But the downside of all of that is a book that has seen sporadic releases over the past 2 years. In the end it will be in Trade form and that's where it will exist. 2 years from now people will forget or not care that the whole book took over 2 years to complete.

We're hoping to learn a lesson from all this and have a better game plan for release on the next book.

Though it should be said that Alien Pig Farm 3000 did ship pretty much on time. We're hoping to have a trade of that available this summer.

- TB

I was in the Cal Macdonal Myspace page and I noticed four other comic book one-shots starring Cal that don't have a compilation TPB...

-Feat of Clay

-Love Me Tenderloin

-Drawing On Your Nightmares

-Hairball

Is Mr. Niles releasing these in a TPB?

And if so are you doing the cover for it?

I see there are TPBs for Last Train to Deadsville (1-4) and the original Criminal Macabre (1-5).

-TL

Right now Steve want's no recognizable face associated with Cal.

So, does this mean that there will be a new face for Cal, or will the focus shift more to other characters/shaded faces? This kind of bums me out, but I can understand the reasons.

New face for Cal and he'll still be in the forefront.

Cal drives the book so obviously we want his mug out there front and center most of the time.

Not sure about the collections TL. As you know, we were planning a full color (the project currently exists in B+W only) repackaging of Hairball here at RAW.

I was to do the cover. Darkhorse barked about rights issues so we had to put the breaks on it. Not sure where it will see print.

As for the other CM questions, pop over to Steve Niles.com, to his forums and post the same. He's usually pretty good about answering stuff.

http://forums.steveniles.com/

- TB

Street, I got some new observations here:

The cover for Two Red Eyes #1 is very similar to the cover of My Demon Baby #4...

thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldoz8.jpg ---> thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldfp2.jpg

The cover for Two Red Eyes #2 is very similar to the cover of Cellblock 666 #2...

thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldju6.jpg ---> thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldmx2.jpg

The cover for Two Red Eyes #3 is very similar to the cover of My Demon Baby #2...

thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldpv4.jpg ---> thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldvz4.jpg

Any of this meant to be that way or just coincidence? Enjoy the brain food amigo,

-TL

If there's ever a movie made of CM and Tom isn't playing Cal... It would just be wrong.

Niles sent me that link yesterday along with this one referring to Darkhorse's exclusive deal with Universal.

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/20...versal.cnnmoney

Interesting stuff.

I love how Niles is excited and Mignola is a not so enthusiastic about the deal.

It says a lot about both of them.

- TB

Niles sent me that link yesterday along with this one referring to Darkhorse's exclusive deal with Universal.

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/20...versal.cnnmoney

Interesting stuff.

I love how Niles is excited and Mignola is a not so enthusiastic about the deal.

It says a lot about both of them.

- TB

Doth explain Niles' jump from RAW, which makes sense. I hope it works out for him.

K-skye

Doth explain Niles' jump from RAW, which makes sense. I hope it works out for him.

K-skye

No, no, that has nothing to do with it.

Another situation entirely. ;)

- TB

Street. Buddy. I need my monthly Jane/Cal fix!!!!

Will you be further fueling my addiction to the CELLBLOCK 666 covers by posting #3???

-TL

GREATEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK!!!

The Jane has one last tour in the Criminal Macabre war.

Tell STEVE NILES the concept of doing another Jane/Cal arc makes me look past his yiddish chin hair.

You got me thinkin on #4 now... What do you have up that sleeve of yours now Street??? lol And I'm glad to hear the Cal MacDonald riddle of hell is in motion through your covers.

I have thories on what CELLBLOCK 666 is gonna cover, which revolve mainly around Cal's very evident path to self destruction. He's a tortured soul and I think what makes him interesting in the first place (besides his flaming sarcasm) is the irony that he is surrounded by demons when he in fact is a demon. If Niles is finally bringin him down to the pit in this one with that 666 reference, I'm expecting some exorcist spiderwalk shit in the next one.

This could be SUCH a great Carpenterish horror film starring Jane. Stevie needs redemption after that very forgettable 30 Days Of Night.

-TL

man talking about being out of touch!!! Due to money , I havent been in a comic store for a while. But well defantley have to get caught up on these!

holy crap!!!!

This comic rules!!!!

I got the 2 red eyes collection and read a few pages and its rules!

Jeez, work has been a bitch. I'm finally at a point where I can realyl catch up on the shit I love. And ride that new motorcycle I just bought, woot!

Tim, I gonna come right out and say it. As much as I love your Punisher stuff, I am enjoying the hell out of the Criminal Macabre covers. It's easy to see you're having a blast and the sky is pretty much the limit with what you can do with them. Didnt realize Jane was only on the model chores for a bit, but its easy to understand why. Let's hope the movie moguls keep their act together and do the right thing by casting him. Until then *raises hand for filling the shoes til then* heh

Gonna see Steve in a few weeks at Heroes, cant wait to pick his brain again. Its been far too long.

Guest FADoss

So, I was at Half Price Books yesterday, browsing the TPBs and looking for something interesting to read and it was down to a Human Target book (I LOVE HUMAN TARGET) and "Criminal Macabre". I chose the later and was not disappointed. However, I chose the later specifically because of my visiting this site.

Great story. Classic monster stuff meets the gritty underbelly of modern film. And I definitely FELT Jane in the role. He would be a PERFECT fit.

Fred

Mr. Bradstreet, sir--

Just throwing this out there: What are the chances of doing a Tim Bradstreet/Thomas Jane collection? You know, a book that puts together all the work you two have done together, all The Punisher stuff, and Cal, the original shots, stuff from the animated intro--the original pics, the finished product, etc. Thomas has so much character in his face, and your artwork is ridiculous, it's so good. i'm sure you have hundreds (or thousands?) of pics from the stuff you guys have done together...

Not sure how the rights would work on that one; maybe your could do a Punisher collection through Marvel, and another volume of Criminal Macabre. i know i would own each of those suckers the day they hit the shelves.

Just an idea.

From Fangoria, a link to reviews of Criminal Macabre, Cell Block 666, Parts 1 and 2, with small images of covers with Tom on 'em!:

"...with Niles telling the story seemingly with his hands in his pockets and a big smile on his face, Stakal pumps up the words with some energy in his art, and Michelle Madsen’s colors really add to it like an old Zenith on at midnight. CELL BLOCK 666 is lively and kinetic..."

http://www.fangoriaonline.com/features/com...s-12-16-08.html

Jen