Panzer

Meeting Thomas Jane

Hey guys just found this form and wanted to share my story :)

http://www.batmancustoms.com/mtj.html

Dallas Comic Con

April 29th 2006

I was standing in line for about an hour or so with buddy BMAC. Are feet were killing us because we had walked the show three or four times and went threw most of are money. There was a great amount of toys and goodies and awesome prices! But the frosting on the cake was meeting one of my favorite actors. Mr. Thomas Jane. He stars in one of my favorite movies of all time, The Punisher! As we stood in line we got to go ahead of many people because we had speed passes and we got to the show early enough to have # 12 which meant we were just behind the VIPs. As we got closer I couldn’t wait to meet Mr. Jane and get him to sign my custom made 69 GTO from the movie. We only were allowed to get one autograph since Mr. Jane was only going to be there for 2hrs. Bam they called for group 12. My buddy and I were getting closer! Then there he was Mr. Jane looking so damn cool. Had a full beard and normal clothes. Looking like he could just be a buddy sitting next to you at a bar drinking a beer. Then we got to the check in guy. He was there to make sure we had are speed passes and what one thing we were getting autographed. I pulled my GTO out and the guy said, “Wow Cool”.

tj01.jpg

Then he sat it gently next to Mr. Jane and he looked at it for a second and said “Oh Wow…..Cool” Then he picked up and looked at it for a about a minute! I was freaking paralyzed! I never thought in a million freaking years Mr. Jane would be checking out something I made so hard!

Then he opens the doors and was looking at it. Then he said, “ Wow it has the metal in the interior, metal Roll bars, window cranks and a metal Dash!”

tj08.jpg

Then he said, “Wait a second! Were are my Marlboros I used to hid them right here under the dash.”

tj09.jpg

I was completely speechless & said, “forgive me sir I well add them in ASAP!” Then he smiled again and said “I really liked it and its Amazing”

Tim Bradstreet who was sitting next to Mr. Jane was looking at it as well and Mr. Jane showed to him and with a smile. Then he said Tom is very detailed! He said “Man I’m surprised it doesn’t have the pull down shield” Then I said actually sir it doses if you flip it over. Then Mr. Jane flipped it over and said with a smile “There it is!” Mr. Bradstreet then said “Forgive me I stand corrected. It dose have every thing.”

tj10.jpg

Then he shook his head and sat the car back down like he had to get back to business. He was practically only spending about 3 seconds per fan and at this time it had to be at least 3 to 4 minutes. He asked me were he wanted me to have him sign it. I was again dumb founded! I didn’t have any words! Then I said were ever you want sir, I made this for this special day. He smiled again and said it was a pleasure to sign it.

He then looked at Mr. Bradstreet and asked him were you think I should sign it? Then Mr. Bradstreet said you can’t sigh the grill can you? Mr. Jane flipped to the front and said “Wow, man this is detailed.”. Then he said no to small. So he looked at Mr. Bradstreet and said the roof or the trunk? Then Mr. Jane said its gotta be the Roof and Mr. Bradstreet said ya its gotta be the roof.

tj11.jpg

Then Mr. Jane looked at the roof for a second and delicately placed the tip of the Sharpie on the roof and signed. Again It was like I was on some wonderful drug! Then he looked back at the car smiled and said there you go.

tj12.jpg

Then I shook his hand and said what an honor it was to meet him and thanks so much for the movie! Then Mr. Jane said “The Honor Was All Mine.”

It had to be at least 5 to 6 minutes total I spent talking with Mr. Jane. After that I basically felt like my legs were ready to collapse benth me and felt like I was on top of the world. Then my buddy & I we both looked at one another like did this just happen? Could he be that cool! So I decided to call it a day and come home and type this up immediately with my buddies help so not to forget anything.

A few pics of the car:

gto10.jpg

gto03.jpg

gto07.jpg

gto18.jpg

If you read this Mr. Jane , Thank you so much sir for one of my greatest memories!

John :D

Guest FADoss

I can vouch for the Marlboros. :) A friend of mine worked on the crew and said that Tom spent most of his between take time smoking cigarettes and doing push-ups. She said he was AMAZING to watch. Very intense.

Fun stuff and cool looking model.

Fred

Ever since I saw the movie it's probably been my favourite car. And that's very cool. Great job man.

Guest AdminGuyX

Great story, thank you for sharing it. I'd seen your webpage before too.

WELCOME TO THE RAW BOARDS!!

Yeah, that model looks incredibly impressive, BTW. Very nice work. Feel free to post more photos of her, and some interior detail shots.

:)

This is so cool Panzer! Congrats on getting a chance to meet him and TB. Loving these pics!

yep, i remember that bad ass model very well. it's always a pleasure when people are as polite and cool as you were, AND have really cool shit to sign. i gotta say though, that it was CAMELS i was smokin' on the Punisher, not marbs. i was smokin Camel Wides cause i was cutting back from the Chesterfield non filters, and the wides packed a lot of punch. i'm also happy to say that i laid down the smokes shortly after that film, and have never looked back. crappy habit that i don't miss for a second. now i'm down for an occasional good cigar, and that's it. and let me tell ya, the mornings are lot kinder to me. if only i could kick this damn insomnia... TJ

Thank you so much Sir! You again have made my day!!!!

I well correct the story asap! Congratulations on kicking the cigarettes. My mom finally quit them several years ago and it was so very hard for her. I know they can be a ass kicker.

Im with you on the Cigars! I love a good Cigar , don't smoke them often . However I have learned to very much to enjoy them. I hear you about the Insomnia , however I have been a night owl since I was a little guy.

Well hope you get some sleep and have a Great Memorial Day!

Thanks again so much Sir!

John :D

I can agree with the insomnia. I've had chronic insomnia since I was about 10 1/2 or 11 years old. It goes in long spurts. I could go 4 weeks no sleep, 1 day of full sleep and then not sleep for over 5 months. Longest I went was when I was 17, I went over a year and 3 months of no sleep. Its crazy to think what the human body will do to compensate for lack of sleep and how it'll adjust to the surroundings.

JO

dang buddy u beat me. Longest i gone was 3 or 4 days.

My poor ma tried to break me out of it when I was a lil guy. Just for some reason my damn internal clock has alway been set ass backwards.

I think I was pretty damn close to becoming an insomniac myself. I think I should be ok because I kinda taught myself a way to finally sleep early and wake up early for a change. Because I couldn't wake up early, I just wouldn't sleep at all. Then that dragged on for days and all that shit. I've been kickin it though.

As for cigars, I'm a big fan of the occasional cigar. I never smoked a cigarette my whole life but cigars are fantastic to me. Especially with a good cup of coffee. Damn straight.

Raffi

James O Brien-

I could go 4 weeks no sleep, 1 day of full sleep and then not sleep for over 5 months. Longest I went was when I was 17, I went over a year and 3 months of no sleep.

Oh my God! You must get insane sleep deprived hallucinations! I thought I was hardcore when I went 40 hours without sleep but that's nothing compared to you.

sveinx

p.s. I just spray painted my name on the roof of my car this morning. It looks pretty good. well to people, flying in an airplane above me.

Pretty cool.

Also, is that a Punisher teaser with Tom O'Brien that was mentioned a good while back?

tj01.jpg

Pretty cool.

Also, is that a Punisher teaser with Tom O'Brien that was mentioned a good while back?

tj01.jpg

Thanks buddy!

not sure buddy?

Yeah, that's what it is. I actually have that print.

JO

oh damn , I would of gotten one.

I wasent thinking to clear though lol. Was floating on cloud 9 as they say.

OOh speaking of cant wait to Get Punisher on Blue Ray. Just Found out it has been released.

oh damn , I would of gotten one.

I wasent thinking to clear though lol. Was floating on cloud 9 as they say.

OOh speaking of cant wait to Get Punisher on Blue Ray. Just Found out it has been released.

I think that release is just bare bones. I'd hold out for a possible theatrical/extended cut combo release.