Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

NATHAN FILLION AS CAPTAIN AMERICA.

I'm glad you found RAW by searching for a Nathan Fillion Capi movie.

And I am also glad that you've suggested Glover as The Red Skull.

He's not my primary choice but I would totally jump on that train.

I personally feel the guy who plays him should be prominent - my pick is MICHAEL DOUGLAS.

Douglas' bloodline is actually 2nd generation Russian. His father Kirk was born over in the mother country and immigrated to the states back in the 20s.

They oughtta approach this face/off the way Guber and Peters went with Burton's BATMAN, putting a very recognizable star (Nicholson) up against a very questionable star (Keaton) that not too many people were aware off.

showdowngw6.jpg

A good comic book movie must have a balance consisting of a likable hero and a BADASS villain.

IRON MAN was great but I feel needed a better villain. As far as I'm concerned the greatest comic book movie showdown was between Jack and Michael Keaton in BATMAN, and hopefully the recreation of that showdown between Heath and Christian Bale will be equally badass and perhaps even better.

CAPTAIN AMERICA deserves a better class of villain, and I hope MARVEL gives it to him.

-TL

A rumor I'm not happy with....... While Marvel is pursuing Triple H for Thor.....they are also considering John Cena for the Cap. I'm down with Triple H but am in no way shape or form down with Cena as the Cap. No way.

-Raffi

Check this out guys.....

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=33787

Interested in him or not, I say hell fuckin no.

-Raffi

Holy Jesus and the saints preserve us...uurrk...outside of CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and THE AVIATOR...I HATE THIS GUY!!!!! I'm guessing this is just some acid/bad mushroom induced rumor...deep breaths...deep breaths...oh god, I feel ill...

A rumor I'm not happy with....... While Marvel is pursuing Triple H for Thor.....they are also considering John Cena for the Cap. I'm down with Triple H but am in no way shape or form down with Cena as the Cap. No way.

-Raffi

...I'm getting sicker by the minute. I could totally see somebody ACTUALLY CASTING HIM IN THE ROLE...course they would probably cast GEORGE the ANIMAL STEELE as the RED SKULL.

gerogesteel.jpg

go georgie, go georgie, go georgie...um, just kidin' if you can't tell. Cena is just such a bad idea, really bad!

Guest FADoss

And "The Departed" and "Gangs of New York" and "Quick and the Dead" and "Gilbert Grape"...

And apart from that he's made like 5 movies...

Why the Dicaprio hate?

Fred

And "The Departed" and "Gangs of New York" and "Quick and the Dead" and "Gilbert Grape"...

And apart from that he's made like 5 movies...

Why the Dicaprio hate?

Fred

Haven't seen The Departed, I have an unopened copy on the coffee table...yeesh.I'm hoping the other guys save the movie for me.

I did enjoy gangs of new york, inspite of him. Same for quick and dead. A big no on gilbert grape.

Mostly, I've never recovered from THE TITANIC...ick, being the key phrase. Has more to do with his material choice I think, I do agree he is a good actor though, no arguing that point after seeing THe Aviator. Unlike the Johnny Storm dude (Chris Evans) who just irritates the hell out of me when he walks on screen. Watch, that'll be the guy who gets the Cap role, I'd never go see it or even watch it on dvd were that the unfortunate case. Thank god Richard Gere is to old for the part, he's the only other actor who grates on me like that.

I think Leo is a FANTASTIC actor. I just don't want him to touch that role. He doesn't belong in a film like this. No comic films for him at all. Bulking up or not, he should stick with the Oscar-oriented crime dramas. It's what he's the best at. Something about him really gets on my nerves though. Is it because he looks too boyish for the roles he takes and then ends up doing a great job? I dunno. I feel like punching him for some reason. Great actor though lol.

-Raffi

Guest FADoss

I think he would also fit with Downey Jr. and Norton...The Avengers would be the Oceans 11 of Superhero Flicks. :)

Guest FADoss

What about JANE???!!!

Just hit me when responding to TL on the Warzone thread...

I mean, since he is no longer the Punisher and that has a lot to do with LGF having control vice Marvel, wouldn't it be a great kick in the teeth to LGF and an amazing statement on Tom's part to take up the shield???

HOLY SHIT it would be cool!!!

Fred

Jane won't do another superhero flick. He's done with that. I actually think he's done with action.

DiCaprio is no Capi either.

-TL

*Fred I hope you're kidding about OCEAN'S 11. Those films killed Steven Soderbergh's career.

Guest FADoss

I said LIKE and it spawned two money-making sequels that he directed. And I don't exactly call making Matt Damon flicks and the upcoming Che Guevara (Benico Del Toro) film a DEAD career. Maybe it made you not like his stuff, but his career appears to be just fine.

And let's not forget that Keaton was no Batman...

Fred

Kinda funny you mentioned Jane Fred..... Tom and I were talking a while back and I mentioned Jane. Just a though. Maybe a few years ago he woulda been down to do it and been GREAT but I also agree with what Tom said.

I think he would also fit with Downey Jr. and Norton...The Avengers would be the Oceans 11 of Superhero Flicks. :)

Actually, ya know there is one superhero role that I think Leo would do very well...

Dr. Strange.

And I loved the Oceans 11 remake.

So where are you guys getting he's done with heroes and action?

I don't want to put words in Jane's mouth or something but unless something fantastic sweeps him off of his feet in terms of Marvel, I don't think he would want to after all the things that has happened before. You know what I'm sayin?

-Raf

Actually, ya know there is one superhero role that I think Leo would do very well...

Dr. Strange.

I'm gonna have to go with Viggo Mortensen for Stephen Strange if ya ask me.

What about JANE???!!!

Just hit me when responding to TL on the Warzone thread...

I mean, since he is no longer the Punisher and that has a lot to do with LGF having control vice Marvel, wouldn't it be a great kick in the teeth to LGF and an amazing statement on Tom's part to take up the shield???

HOLY SHIT it would be cool!!!

Fred

Speaking of Jane playing another Marvel character if they didn't get Sam Jackson for Nick Fury, going by The Punisher #13 cover Jane would have made a great Fury. Another alternate to Fury would have been Michael Biehn, he would be the perfect world wary, boozing and whoring Garth Ennis Nick Fury.

If Fury was kept old.... I would think Eastwood would be perfect!

Another alternate to Fury would have been Michael Biehn, he would be the perfect world wary, boozing and whoring Garth Ennis Nick Fury.

Biehn would have been a great choice too. I've love to see Jane and Biehn do a film together.

Biehn would have been a great choice too. I've love to see Jane and Biehn do a film together.

I wouldn't. Jane is a much better actor.

WHOA...careful dogging on Corporal Hicks there KS...

Off topic here - but you're right. Biehn was excellent as Hicks, as well as Kyle Reese. Was okay in Tombstone and The Abyss. But a lot of his other stuff - not so good. JMHO.

Fred just because you LOVE Matt Damon, doesn't mean the Ocean's films were successful.

Soderbergh has been outta gas for almost a decade because of those films. Everything he did prior to them was great. Serious material. Now its all Armani bullshit that aims primarily for a female crowd.

Damon's doing great with his Bourne films though.

Thomas Jane stated his farewell to comic book heroes in an interview with Wizard magazine he did for The Mist. In that same interview he expressed his disgust for a little movie with what he called a "Straight to Video" budget called Punisher: Warzone.

-TL