THOR

relias33

Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie will hit theaters on July 16, 2010, while Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 will begin principal photography in early April, Marvel announced Tuesday.

Branagh is set to direct Marvel Studios' Thor, which Paramount Pictures will distribute worldwide, based on the classic comic superhero.

Iron Man 2 will bring back stars Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow and add new cast member Don Cheadle.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/marvel-announ...man-2-start.php

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of him....he's a good lookin guy. Better buff the fuck up though.

HAHA good one Mikey. I actually met Kevin Nash at the Motor City Comic Con and told him "you need to play Thor dammit!" He laughed and said "hey man I would love to play Thor, I'll even gain another 30 pounds to do it!" Looks like they went for the young ones ha?

-Raf

It's going to be a wait and see for me. I was really set on having Skarsgård play Thor. :(

Yeah I'm with you Recoil.... He had some good size to him and all he needed to do was throw on some muscle mass.

I don't know who that guy is either but he was actually on a rumored cast list along with Alexander Skarsgard to play Thor. When I looked at his pics I was thinking that he would be much better off playing Loki and then BAM. Whata ya know?

• 4 months later...

So Red Dawn is filming here in Michigan. They'll be shooting till December. The Star of this film in place of Patrick Swayze's role is Chris Hemsworth, the man who's soon to be Thor.

I was on the set for some extra work and it was lunchtime at the extras holding. I'm tossing out my food and all of a sudden Hemsworth walks in. He's a big dude, about 6'3-6'4. He's gotten wider as well. I had to go up to him. So I did..... first thing I said was "you ready for Thor?" He smiles and said YES. Being a health nerd that I am, I ask him how his diet and workouts are coming along. He told me they're going good and that he weights 215 now and that he should gain another 5-10 pounds of muscle by January. He said they're going for a more lean/ripped look and they can condense him on film to be bigger. So that sounds good. He's got a good Australian accent and was just a really nice guy. Hopefully I get to work with him directly on the extra shoots to come.

Also on this note, Stellan Skaarsgard has joined the cast. Super Hero Hype would not release the information on who he's playing but Hemsworth told me that he would be playing a doctor on Earth. So suck on that internet!

It's kinda funny how Stellan will be in the film seeing how his son Alexander was also one being HIGHLY considered for the God of Thunder.

-Raffi

• 1 month later...

Well if the Warriors Three stay in Asgard, we can disregard Stevenson playing Castle. Not to mention, Stevenson's best work is shit like this wouldn't you all agree? He's worked with Branagh before as well.

-Raffi

I think Anthony Hopkins is perfect for the role. It seems like Blessed has more of a personality for it though. I'm satisfied either way though.

• 5 months later...

I'm at work, so I can't post the links, but AICN has a few pics from Thor, including one of Thor himself. It's looking pretty good. I wasn't sure how they would approch this, but it looks like it's headed in the right direction. Fears of another Frankenstein are starting to fade ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

It's not even a full body shot, and there is absolutely no mistaking who the character is. It's Marvel's Thor.

I eagerly await a trailer.

Archived