Check out this little piece I concocted by using the most advanced computer program for making film posters ---> Microsoft Paint.

mightyzr4.jpg

I like it.

-TL

kevinbed.jpg

Made me giggle a bit thinking of Thor. I think that's Ant Man.

Fred

I'm pretty sure that's Purefoy pillow-talking with McKidd.

Oh what a tangled web we weave . . .

- TB

I'm pretty sure that's Purefoy pillow-talking with McKidd.

Oh what a tangled web we weave . . .

- TB

AAhh! I was wondering that! I just googled it and it's from Bedrooms and Hallways (1999).

Let us not forget another important mano-e-mano moment from about the same time period (1998) involving one of our own and another actor previously mentioned in this post (Velocity of Gary).

Tangled indeed!

Oh Nomad, you are so funny about your ROME boys! And with good reason - that show was incredible AND historically accurate. But you're neglecting Purefoy. He was the other hottie of that show and he deserves a good turn. Maybe he's not the golden god of Thor but he'd be a great Loki. (plus he's TJ's doppleganger)

So true, kdedu, I DO adore my men from Rome, the best show on television, ever. KMK can bulk up pretty well. He's got a stockiness to his body and those sorts of muscles bulk up quickly. The face is perfect. He's hardly a pretty boy, just masculine good looks. He'd make a pretty good Thor, though! Oh. Did I mention he can actually ACT?

Big_Vorenus.jpg

And yes, Tim, that's James Purefoy with KMK in a film called Bedrooms and Hallways. Pretty good film, actually.

Kdedu, Purefoy is a fine actor and all, he just doesn't have that elusive, womb-wobbling factor that Ray and Kev both have. :P Not for me, anyway.

Nomad

It's cause him and Jane are brothers from different mothers. Or one of them is an evil doppleganger.

It's cause him and Jane are brothers from different mothers. Or one of them is an evil doppleganger.

Its Purefoy.

He robbed Jane's Punisher hair-do for his dragon movie with Patrick Swayze.

PATRICK SWAYZE!!!

-TL

Yeah, George and the Dragon . Swayze didn't even bother changing his accent, and neither did Michael Clarke Duncan.

I think Swayze shot the movie to endorse Licorice as a type of snack.

Even though it tastes like old shoes.

Purefoy shot it to pay his reverse mortgage.

Duncan shot it to be around people.

-TL

So Daniel Craig turned down THOR...

007 says NO to Marvel

To add to that, Blake will not be featured in the film.

I'm happy about that because it clarifies MARVEL's intentions to go Ultimate Thor with this like they did with Fury, and that makes Kevin one heck of a runner up.

yeahtf0.jpg ---> kevinnashimpactmay3qr8.png

-TL

Very good to know. Why would I want to see Daniel Craig as Thor anyways? I don't like the sound of that at all.

The casting of both Captain America and Thor could be two of the most anticipated casting decisions in recent history, right up there with choosing Heath Ledger as The Joker. No doubt that Marvels decisions will be put under a microscope the minute the story breaks. But until then all we have to go on are rumors and actors who admit to being interested. One such chap is Rome and Journeyman star Kevin McKidd, who has long been a fan favorite for the role of Thor.

Continue reading:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/kevi...ng-for-thor.php

MTV got a chance to talk to Valkyrie Kenneth Branagh on Saturday about directing Marvel Studios' upcoming Thor adaptation, scheduled for a July 16, 2010 release. Here's a clip:

So what's the appeal of "Thor," Kenneth? "To work on a story about one of the immortals, Gods, extraordinary beings, inter-dimensional creatures," he enthused.

He continued excitedly, "There's science fiction and science fact and fantasy all woven into one. It's based on Norse legends which Marvel sort of raided in a brilliant way."

You can read more of the interview .

here

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51273

How exactly does Marvel's God of Thunder Thor come to earth in preparation for The Avengers? IESB.net might have the answer. The site says:

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.

The site adds that Thor director Kenneth Branagh will have an acting part in the film as well.

Thor is coming to theaters on July 16, 2010 and The Avengers a year later on July 15, 2011.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51679

I just hope Branagh does not decide to take on playing Thor himself :P

Still, I'm courious how this will work out. Craig was an interesting choice. He has the look, but not the size. I think that this is one of those films that will be either epic or a disaster. Frankenstine comes to mind.

Branagh would be fine for Odin.

I think he's gonna be looking for some type real "thespian" with theater roots for the lead role which bothers me. I really want Nash to helm this and now I'm doubting he'll get the chance. I kinda figured that much when he approached Daniel Craig. I prefer Kevin McKidd if this is the case but he's got a SHITLOAD of bodybuilding to do. He's gonna need a good 8-10 months to bulk up the right way. Some roids too.

-Raffi

Still, I'm courious how this will work out. Craig was an interesting choice. He has the look, but not the size. I think that this is one of those films that will be either epic or a disaster. Frankenstine comes to mind.

Branagh will not be playing Thor.

Has it been confirmed yet whether Donald Blake is back in?

I like Branagh alot. I even like Frankenstein.

Last summer's hits Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk both contained easter eggs and cameos setting up Marvel's eventual The Avengers movie, with Samuel L. Jackson taking on the role of Nick Fury.

But comic fans have wondered how Kenneth Branagh's upcoming Thor movie--reportedly set completely in the ancient past and in the supernatural realm of Asgard--would mesh with the very modern, real-world scenarios of Iron Man and Hulk. After all, it's one thing to have a millionaire arms dealer build a high-tech suit of armor, and quite another to have an actual Norse god descend from a mythical realm with a magical hammer.

Well, IESB.net may have found the answer.

The site reports that a coda has been appended to the Thor script that brings the myth into the modern world. According to the site, the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. He will discover the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and transform into the Norse god Thor.

Will that work to solve what Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. has said may be the hardest thing about the Avengers film? That is, balancing these wildly disparate mythologies and characters? Stay tuned!

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/will-thor-mes...-might-work.php

A casting notice for the lead role in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor not only tells us that the situation is still vacant, but what criteria will be applied in selecting the big screen God of Thunder. Coming Attractions have been slipped the following definition of a Marvelous Norseman and plenty of people aren’t going to like it:

Male MUST BE MID-LATE 20′S and SIX FEET OR TALLER. LEAD.

Physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant, and wild. A natural warrior with a quick charming wit who must be genuinely and severly humbled before becoming the compassionate, mature hero of our film.

Some controversial points there, not least that they’re looking for a 20 something. It might just be that I’m getting old, but it feels to me like 20 somethings are, in reality, the new teens while to the studios and casting agencies, they’re being used as the new 30 somethings.

Continue reading: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/19/castin...e-lead-is-open/

Well, then I guess there's no chance of seeing Skarsgård swinging the hammer. :(