The Thor film is supposed to be released in the Spring of 2010. Who can pull this guy off?

Am I wrong for thinking Kevin Nash can do this? Many people say HHH but I think he has a lack of acting ability as opposed to Nash. I think he can pull it off. He was hilarious in Longest Yard and we all know how big this fucker is. Especially Jane. I don't think you need a GREAT actor of this role. I think Thor can be a corny character so in my opinion, we don't need an Oscar nominee to portray him.

kevinnash_1204567222.jpg

440px-Thorult_head.jpg

I read a few places that Kevin Mckidd was considered for the role. I also just recently read in a couple places that Brad Pitt was also considered for the role.Why? Because of Troy? I say no to both. McKidd would never be able to get THAT muscular and Pitt wouldn't get that big either. On top of that, Pitt would cost too damn much and wouldn't do an Avengers movie seeing as how he's a 20 million dollar actor.

-Raffi

Mike your lack of respect for wrestlers and their ability to act is absurdly ignorant.

And you know NOTHING of Kevin Nash.

kevinnashdestinationx2dv7.png

Nash will stomp on THOR and act the shit outta him.

-TL

Oh, I've watched wrestling, the backstage segments tend to have pretty fucking horrible acting.

I'm just glad your insulting words in regards to wrestlers and their acting have never made their way backstage during a PPV or taping.

These guys would disconnect those words from your mouth and pretty much disassemble everything else inside of it. Ironically they would do a wonderful job acting like it was all staged when in fact you wouldn't be acting at all when crying for mercy.

I really get ticked off when people fuck with wrestlers. I wanna see a fuckin actor go on tour for 12 months and perform live in front of hundreds of thousands while dealing with multiple physical injuries.

Anybody else wanna talk smack about wrestlers, go right ahead but expect a nasty retort from yours truly.

-TL

Well, I'm not smack talking their abilities in the ring, it's more that they tend to suck when they have to do a backstage/pre-taped segment.

Well, if you're looking for someone with the right physique, it seems you'd be looking for either a wrestler or bodybuilder. A particular boybuilder/actor comes to mind. But it seems like wrestlers would have more acting experience -good or bad.

I don't think ALL wrestlers are good actors. There's a select few. Many people suggest HHH for Thor. Thing is he can only pull off his wrestling segments. I think Nash can pull off his segments and film.

Kevin Feige told journalists that a long stretch of the movie is set in Asgard, but not the entire movie. He also confirmed that director Matthew Vaughn is, indeed, gone from the project and a new director will be announced this summer. Mark Protosevich is working on a new draft of the script.

Just picked that up from comics2film.com along with some other tidbits on other releases I scattered accordingly.

Raf

That sucks that Matthew is gone. I finally got to sit down and watch Stardust. The whole time I was thinking that this was a great stepping stone towards Thor. I'd like to see someone direct this thing seriously, there's a lot of potential. I thought I read somewhere a long while back that one of the original ideas for the script was to have Thor blending in with humans, kind of like Superman. I hope they've tossed that out the window. I want to see Thor is Asgard and I want to see epic viking battles in the vein of Bravheart.

Hopefully they won't give this one to Ratner like they did with X-Men: The Last Stand.

Guest FADoss

Wow TL...

I mean, I too thought that Last Stand was VERY lacking in relation tho the other two films. I can also see the comments against wrestlers in film. I've watched my fair share of wrestling (I'm from Missouri :) ) and I have to say that most of the "acting" they do on the shows is very over the top and VERY melodramatic. It's not real acting.

Now that's not to say that there aren't some very talented wrester-actors out there. Dwayne Johnson is one of my favorite actors...period. Tyler Mane has done some very cool stuff (though not cool enough to land him the Sabertooth role in the new Wolvie film). I didn't see John Cena's performance in "The Marine" because I heard it was a shite movie.

And yeah, I understand that wrestlers have to be very physically talented and all...and that it's VERY athletic, but the acting...I don't think it's all that great.

Fred

Fred, the idea is not to generalize the concept that all wrestlers are bad actors. Some are and some aren't.

In regards to Mike's opinions - I AM SO FED THE FUCK UP with the shit talking that goes on these days.

"Let's all fuck with Brett Ratner!"

"Let's all talk shit about the way wrestlers act!"

"Let's be as fuckin critical of everything and everybody as we can be 'cause we ain't got nothin better to do!"

People like that usually run from me at midnight screenings and during conversations. I put out the flag within the first minute of encountering all the diarrhea comin out of their mouths and the flag reads: "Talk shit somewhere else 'cause I don't mind knockin me a shit talker."

I don't know when the fuck these fuckin nerds decided it was cool to openly bash people's work because the general nerd consensus is that bashing it is cool.

Go to the SHH Forums and you will see the TONS of nerds that do this everyday. "Brett Ratner should die." "Thomas Jane sucked as The Punisher." "Hugh Jackman is too tall to play Wolverine."

The comic community is so negative and sad that they don't realize how pathetic they look from normal eyes. I avoid comic shops as much as possible because the last time I walked into a shop with a balding fat bastard explaining to 4 other balding fat bastards why MARVEL is a STUPID company - I nearly got him to eat an Ultimate Spider Man comic that was close by (something I could grab quickly). His buddies OBVIOUSLY didn't back him up and the poor guy had to resort to callin 911. I walked out slowly after throwing his bag of Taco Bell at him. These guys live and breathe MARVEL, but for some reason prefer shitting on it than supporting it.

I can be a dissagreable motherfucker, but I am never a negative person towards things that don't warrant negativity.

People like Mike are the reason Hugh Jackman refuses to go online and chat with the fans.

-TL

Very well put Tom but I need you to breathe buddy. This will pass. Maybe grab yourself some Taco Bell ;)

Raf

Guest AdminGuyX

What the hell? TL, you gotta let folks have thier say without attacking them. They state thier opinion, it's an opinion just like yours. I know you're a huge wrestling fan, so I get it, you take it very personally. But I don't think it's meant to insult you if someone says "No wrestlers please". Folks have every right to feel that way.

The acting that wrestlers do is hammy, in a fun way, but it's over the top stuff. That said though, lots of actors do tour for months on end, and they get up on stage with plenty of injuries. But in context now. We're not talking about a broken clavicle.

I would rather they cast an actor who can bulk up for the role as Jackman did for Wolverine, which turned out to be "lightning in a bottle" didn't it? (I hate that term, but it fits for Jackman)

It's not because I hate wrestlers, it's just what I feel would work best for this film, and for the longevity of the character. I want to see an actor become the character, you know? It's not about if they already look like Thor or not, for me anyway.

At the same time, you have guys like Tyler Mane who I think has some real acting chops and given the right material/director could really go places as an actor.

The fact that Matthew Vaughn left, that makes me wonder about him. Is he hard to work with? Quick to walk away with no discussion? Maybe it's just comic book films? :P

Thor is an iconic character that needs to be handled right, and they need that certain person who can really carry the role on film a particular way. I'm basing this on the comic book mind you, who knows, perhaps the script would allow a wrestler to step in run with it if they are "the right guy".

That said, Marvel seems interested in adapting their comics the "right" way. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk are certainly showing that they want to make solid films for the fans.

Even the fat balding bastards who eat taco bell and get assaulted by guys who look like wolverine.

;)

Njc-------------

Wow,

I'm not talking shit, the fact is Ratner isn't a bad director, but he isn't necessarily a good one either. He has no real style, outside point and shoot, he can occasionally get a good performance out of an actor. But it's nowhere near the level Jon Faverau or Judd Apatow, they don't have any real style either, but they are great with character and getting great performances.

Ok so Marvel has taken heavy interest in casting Triple H as Thor. Thing is they also are interested in Brad Pitt and Kevin McKidd. Now I say no way to Brad Pitt. I like him, but not as Thor. As for McKidd, the guy needs to roid like crazy if he gets cast. I would LOVE Kevin Nash as Thor, but I would also settle for Triple H. Thing is, Matthew Vaughn was very displeased with the idea of Triple H as Thor. Now Matthew Vaughn has walked away from the project. Maybe Triple H is a lot closer to the role than suspected ha? Think about it guys.

-Raf

Finally, A role worthy of the great Fabio!

I have to say I'm not on board with the wrestler thing either.

If I was directing and the studio wanted to cast a wrestler I'd be angry.

I'd need some serious convincing that said wrestler could handle the role.

But I'd also be willing to take a look at the guy and see him read or audition.

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt despite my personal feelings on the subject.

Some of these guys are just visually fantastic.

But the real question is can they do it?

I hated Roddy Piper, mostly cause he was cast as a loudmouth villainous dick back in the old WWF days.

When I found out he was cast in Carpenter's They Live years ago I wanted to barf.

But then I saw it and he proved me wrong. I thought he was fantastic.

Not a great actor but a fun presence. He won me over.

- TB

That's because you have an open mind Street. There are those who are dead set on the "NO WRESTLERS" thing. Give em a chance to audition. If they can be approved by a big name director, what are we gonna lose? There hasn't been a situation where a wrestler was cast in a BIG film and it flopped. Gimmie a situation and I'll shut my mouth. Can't say the Marine because it only had a 20 million dollar budget and a director by the name of John Bonito who has no background aside from the Marine. Like TB said, Roddy Piper was fantastic in They Live. I agree. Kevin Nash - who I want to be Thor - was great in the Longest Yard. If you think his acting skills were off in that film, you're crazy. He was the most memorable actor in that movie for me. Steve Austin was also good in that film. I haven't seen the Condemned, but I hear it wasn't that bad of a film. Bottom line here: Keep an open mind and give these fellas a chance. No big name is gonna fuck it up. If Triple H or Kevin Nash can impress Marvel or Thor's director, then I'm sure he'll be fine.

-Raffi

I've only seen Kevin Nash in The Punisher, and that was a non-speaking role*, and I didn't care for Triple H's acting in Blade: Trinity. Now, I'm not saying all wrestlers = shitty acting (but a majority are pretty bad), I think Dwayne Johnson has some good acting chops (though he does tend to pick pretty bad movies to star in).

*And I don't plan on ever watching The Longest Yard, as I don't care for Adam Sandler's schtick anymore.

Yeah I myself didn't watch the Longest Yard because of Sandler. I loved the supporting cast in the film and I like the original movie so that's why I got into it. Plus I'm just a huge football fan.

I wonder how they are going to handle how Thor talks? After playing Ultimate Alience, it's hard to get that voice out of your head. At the same time, I don't know if that would work for a wide audience. It might come off as silly.

Personally, I have no idea what would work best for Thor, I just hope they pull off something as good Iron Man and as good as the Hulk looks so far.

I always looked at Thor as corny and fun. So if I see that in a film, I'll be satisfied.

-Raffi