sidewaysgaze

News from Tom - he's looking for a director for MALONE.

Shane Black would be great, but I think he seems like the type to only direct movies he's written himself.

I liked Angus and Baby's Day Out. Haven't seen the others and it looks like he was under the radar for a while. I'm guessing Give'em Hell, Malone will have a slightly different tone.

k-skye

A Cronenberg/Jane partnership would be fucking fascinating.

Mark Borchardt. I'm serious. And I'm not him. Provided the fucker is sober....maybe wait and see how Scare Me turns out.

It is IMDb though, it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, it does say he's "attached."

Is that code for "definitely" or "probably?"

I see "Michelle Rodriguez" is "rumoured" to have been added to the cast. Cool.

I've always thought she was great, but sadly got typecast very early in her career. Hopefully she's given a chance to display more range in Malone.

I see "Michelle Rodriguez" is "rumoured" to have been added to the cast. Cool.

I've always thought she was great, but sadly got typecast very early in her career. Hopefully she's given a chance to display more range in Malone.

Yeah, I like Michelle Rodriguez too and I wouldn't mind her being in this film. And yeah, she got typecast very early in her career. I couldn't believe the crap she got for what her character did on "Lost".

Guest FADoss
Well, it does say he's "attached."

Is that code for "definitely" or "probably?"

Attached is usually a definite. A probably would be "in talks".

Fred

Hiho!

I don't know if you are still looking for a director, but I would suggest Paul McGuigan. He did "Lucky Number Slevin" among other things ;)

Probably a bit late to the party with this suggestion, but I would have suggested taking a look at Antonia Bird's CV.

She's made some really interesting films that most people have sadly never heard of (Priest, Face, Ravenous) although, seeing as David Arquette had a part in Ravenous, her name shouldn't be completely unfamiliar to Tom. She's also helmed critically acclaimed TV series 'Cracker' (the UK version, not the inferior US remake).

I gather she turned her back on Hollywood after having a horrible studio experience making Mad Love to return to filiming in Europe, but she's lined up to shoot "The Meat Trade", an adaptation of the Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting) novel with Robert Carlyle and Colin Firth.

Based on what I've read about Malone and having watched most of her films (and some of her TV Output), looking at Priest and Face in particular, stylistically I think she would be a good fit, and I imagine her fee would be within your budget.

So yeah, it might be worth at least having a chat with David Arquette to see what he thought of working with her, or having a sit down with her for a meet and greet...... assuming the ink isn't dry with Patrick Read Johnson that is (who doesn't appear listed as director on IMDB anymore - Update?)

After having finally watched Heat for the first time...I would say that Michael Mann would be a pretty good guy for the job. But I know he's probably too expensive...somebody else suggested James Wan, I like his work especially Death Sentence, he wouldve been cool.

After having finally watched Heat for the first time...I would say that Michael Mann would be a pretty good guy for the job. But I know he's probably too expensive...somebody else suggested James Wan, I like his work especially Death Sentence, he wouldve been cool.

Oh yeah. James Wan delivers quality movies. Death Sentence was better than Dead Silence, but both of them looked amazing. He def. knows his shit, and makes movies for the theatre. I'm really looking forward to seeing more stuff from that guy.

Michael Mann would be a long shot.. he's an innovator and master of film making.

well guys we finally have a director. his name is Russel and he directed the first HIGHLANDER film. i love this guy. he's a veteran director from Australia, done some damn good work over the years, and is bringing a great eye to the project. more on this later! T

Thanks for the info TJ! That's cool news for me, if Mulcahy can hit form again. I love the first Highlander, The Shadow is good fun and Resurrection is pretty cool as well. But he did some humble movies in between and a couple of rather weak TV movies in the last few years, so I hope that he will make a strong comeback :)

Guest FADoss

AWESOME NEWS TOM!!! The first Highlander was an AMAZING film.

Looks like he also directed the straight to DVD Scorpion King sequel and Resident Evil:Extinction...both of which I have yet to see.

Sadly, looks like he was responsible for Highlander II, though I think most of its failures were in the script.

Fred

hell yea its cool to see the wheels start rolling on this film...I just saw on IMDB that Ving Rhames is supposed to be in it, Tom Jane and Ving Rhames=BADASS!

Russell Mulcahy had a good filmography, so it is a good new, and I much loved "Ricochet" with Denzel Washington. :)

Guest FADoss
Russell Mulcahy have a good filmography, so it is a good new, and I much loved "Ricochet" with Denzel Washington. :)

Caveman speak???

Sadly, looks like he was responsible for Highlander II, though I think most of its failures were in the script.

I heard he tried to have his name taken off Highlander 2 (using box office poision 'Alan Smithee' instead), but the DGA wouldn't let him as he wasn't a member. Watched 'Resident Evil: Extinction' recently, and while it was only alright (poor story/script) it did look amazing, Mulcahy can really create some fantactic visuals/sequences.

Good to hear such a seasoned veteran has been lined up, but if Tom wasn't getting compared to Christopher Lambert enough before, he sure will be now after hiring the Highlander director :P Could be worse though, Christopher Lambert was really cool (until he made 'Mortal Kombat ' that is). It was great to see him pop up in Southland Tales, he was one of the better things about it.

Caveman speak???

sorry, I don't understand... :unsure:

(my english ?)

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102789/)

Good to hear such a seasoned veteran has been lined up, but if Tom wasn't getting compared to Christopher Lambert enough before, he sure will be now after hiring the Highlander director :P Could be worse though, Christopher Lambert was really cool (until he made 'Mortal Kombat ' that is). It was great to see him pop up in Southland Tales, he was one of the better things about it.

I thought at the same thing !