Tim Bradstreet

Hollywood Remakes Of Classic Or Cult Films

With the nation keeping an eye on the see-sawing stock market, Fox is ready to revisit if greed is indeed good by pushing anew with its "Wall Street" sequel, titled "Money Never Sleeps."

Allan Loeb has been tapped to write the script in what is being described as a page one rewrite.

The logline is being kept under wraps, though it will feature the character of Gordon Gekko, the corporate raider character immortalized by Michael Douglas in the 1987 Oliver Stone film.

Douglas, who won an Oscar for the role, is interested in reprising the character but will make his decision of whether to return based on the script.

Ed Pressman, who produced the original, is producing the sequel.

Loeb, repped by CAA, wrote "Things We Lost in the Fire" and "21" and created the TV show "New Amsterdam."

Fox moves on 'Wall St.' sequel

I was checking out the screenplay writer for the NOTTINGHAM movie and was suprised to see this movie was in pre production...

THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE

Here is the original movie trailer from the 70s

new flick details

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111422/

I loved this movie back in the day and just rewatched it a couple of weeks ago on cable. The new cast looks amazing and I have no issues with Tony Scott as director... but I don't know man...

They re-did this movie back in the late 90's on TV and it sucked something aweful.

Michael De Luca has partnered with Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta to develop a bigscreen remake of the 1987 Mickey Rourke supernatural thriller "Angel Heart."

Producers optioned remake rights from a private U.K. firm, which owns the rights to the original film, which was produced by Carolco and distributed by TriStar. De Luca, Rosenzweig and Gaeta also optioned the underlying book rights to William Hjortsberg's novel "Falling Angel," from which original film was adapted.

Original film, which caused a stir for its steamy sex scenes, was written and directed by Alan Parker and also starred Robert De Niro and Lisa Bonet.

Novel follows the exploits of Harry Angel, a New York detective hired by a mysterious client to track down a once-popular performer indebted to him. While pursuing this seemingly routine investigation, Harry encounters dark and supernatural forces.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799314...yid=13&cs=1

Oh please, for the love of all that is holy (heh heh), do NOT let them remake this. This movie is quiet and dark and brooding--i do not need to see it all bright and shiny so the masses can wrap their little heads around it.

For some reason, I can see this as a good move, even though the original stars hold judgment:

Clooney among the Birds?

This quote I like.

Can't we find new stories, new things to do? Must you be so insecure that you have to take a film that's a classic and try to do it over?

Looks like Frank Miller might be doing Buck Rogers after all:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...8&Itemid=99

Please dear God, don't remake "Footloose"!

Footloose Fast Tracked

Please dear God, don't remake "Footloose"!

Footloose Fast Tracked

I always threaten my husband with this movie when he pisses me off.

"Oh we WILL watch Footloose tonight, you just wait and see!" :angry:

Punch-dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxYuC5LM2qs

Mike Nichols (Closer, Charlie Wilson’s War) will direct a remake of Akira Kurosawa’s High and Low.

Based loosely on Evan Hunter’s King’s Ransom, the original 1963 detective thriller that tells the story of an executive named Kingo Gondo, who learns that his son has been kidnapped. He is prepared to pay the ransom amount until he discovers that the kidnappers mistakenly abducted the child of his chauffeur. Gondo must decide between using the money he has saved up for a critical corporate buyout, or to use the cash to save his drivers son.

Story continues:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/29/mike-n...s-high-and-low/

Pascal Laugier, whose horror film "Martyrs" stirred controversy in his native France, is in final negotiations to write and direct Dimension's re-imagining of "Hellraiser," one of horrormeister Clive Barker's best-known creations.

Released in 1987, "Hellraiser" told the story of an unfaithful wife who attempts to assist her dead lover in his escape from hell. The movie introduced viewers to a race of demons called Cenobites, most notably one nicknamed Pinhead -- who became one of the most enduring horror characters of the decade -- who was summoned using an antique puzzle box.

Dimension has been hoping to relaunch the franchise for the past couple of years, first hiring Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo to write and direct a remake then tapping Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton to write a new draft.

Story continues:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...c3ff21ec6a374ad

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Samuel L. Jackson is taking on another heavy role.

Having most recently played a dirty cop in "Lakeview Terrace," Jackson is set to star as a bad guy again in a remake of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy's 1985 cult classic "The Last Dragon."

Jackson will play Sho'Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, a role played in the original by the late Julius Carry, whose spiel included asking ego-driven questions like "Am I the baddest mofo lowdown around this town?" Each time his gang of thugs answered, "Sho'Nuff!"

Story continues:

Samuel L. Jackson Riding "Last Dragon" Remake

oh god...aren't there any good movies that need remaking? The original makes THE BOWERY BOYS look like oscar material...course, maybe it's a better idea to remake stinkers with promise than to mess with classics...I like the end of the movie when the hero finds his mojo and they get all glowey and shit whilst they fight...

I still can't believe they got Sam to say yes...LOL

The only Sho Nuff I can see is Busta Rhymes...no joke...

Guest AdminGuyX

They are remaking The Last Dragon?????????????????

Frank Darabont can't get Farenhiet 451 off the ground with Tom Hanks attached, but someone is going to bankroll a remake of THIS film?

That's just fucked up.

Good lord, that's just wrong.

Warner Bros has hired J. Michael Straczynski to write a remake of Forbidden Planet. The original saw a group of Earth scientists who are sent some 17 light years away to investigate what happened to a colony of settlers on Altair-4. They find a man with a secret and his daughter who somehow survived a hideous monster attack on their planet. Gene Roddenberry has noted that Fred Wilcox’s original 1956 sci-fi film was one of the inspirations for Star Trek.

Continue reading:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/31/j-mich...-planet-remake/

I understand they're remaking Robocop for 2010, seems pretty pointless to revisit a film that's such a cult classic...

I heard somewhere they're remaking "The Laughing Policeman, also. Not sure if it's true.

I was checking out the screenplay writer for the NOTTINGHAM movie and was suprised to see this movie was in pre production...

THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE

Here is the original movie trailer from the 70s

new flick details

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111422/

I loved this movie back in the day and just rewatched it a couple of weeks ago on cable. The new cast looks amazing and I have no issues with Tony Scott as director... but I don't know man...

They re-did this movie back in the late 90's on TV and it sucked something aweful.

Tim Burton killed Planet of the Apes. His film, while technically profitable, left moviegoers with such a bad taste in their mouths that Fox never bothered revisiting it in a sequel. The franchise, which had seemed poised for rebirth, lay dead for years.

But right now, in the halls of Fox, there is another new version of Planet of the Apes that has been kicking around for the last year. It's not a sequel to the Burton film, and it's not another remake of the original. To the general audience it's a prequel to Planet of the Apes, but for the initiated it's something totally different.

It's a remake of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

Continue reading: http://chud.com/articles/articles/16881/1/...GAIN/Page1.html

Like any serial killer worth his salt, Michael Meyers will be returning to the big screen sometime in 2009 in a direct sequel to Rob Zombie’s 2007 reboot. The news surfaced at the Halloween 30 Years of Terror convention where Malek Akkad, producer of Halloween (2007) and son of the late Moustapha Akkad, who produced John Carpenter’s masterpiece, announced plans to continue the rebooted series.

Continue reading:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/mich...halloween-2.php

I still can't believe they got Sam to say yes...LOL

The only Sho Nuff I can see is Busta Rhymes...no joke...

GASP!!! I love Busta! "Woo-ha! I got you all in check!"

He was the only hilarious redeeming quality to Halloween: Resurrection. That movie was so bad, I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. My reward came at the end of the film when

Busta Rhymes screamed "Trick or treat, motherfucker!" as he electrocuted Michael Myers. Or was it "Happy Halloween, motherfucker!" I think it may have been both.