Sign in to follow this  
xNLx

Artist's Sketch-Fest!

I was sitting in a doctors office waiting for my Mother in-law today so I tried to sketch up a Gallows just to pass some time. I got kinda close...I was pretty happy with it seeing as how I didn't have any reference material. Anyway it passed the time and it was fun to boot.

gallows-sketch.jpg

Shit, I was gonna post something in here, but you guys make me look like a hack, so I don't dare show my stuff now. Besides, I don't do comic sketches. I mostly do portraits. But you guys are so good I'd be embarrassed to show my work in here.

I think I'll post it in the OTHER thread, so maybe it won't look so amateurish. Lol.

mediumfan

Shit, I was gonna post something in here, but you guys make me look like a hack, so I don't dare show my stuff now. Besides, I don't do comic sketches. I mostly do portraits. But you guys are so good I'd be embarrassed to show my work in here.

I think I'll post it in the OTHER thread, so maybe it won't look so amateurish. Lol.

mediumfan

it's all about loving to draw...POST AWAY!

Thanks, Irish. I posted it in the Show your stuff thread. Don't want to overdo it.

Love your work, by the way. You got mad skills.

mediumfan

thepunisherNEW.jpg

Yeah it's ok I think, not the greatest... plus in the time I was drawing and finally inking, I did noticed that there was a lack of bawls. so I was like damnit... o well lol.

Guest AdminGuyX

Did this one this morning as a warm up. I find that some times I need to sort of stretch my muscles with a simple but stylistic piece before jumping headlong into a more detailed piece. But I was happy with it!

a%20castle%20in%20the%20alley.jpg

Did this one this morning as a warm up. I find that some times I need to sort of stretch my muscles with a simple but stylistic piece before jumping headlong into a more detailed piece. But I was happy with it!

a%20castle%20in%20the%20alley.jpg

Noland, I like your artwork man. The sharp points gives it a more dangerous vibe to artwork.

Guest AdminGuyX

Thanks Jason. I'm a big fan of propaganda artwork, and art deco, and a lot of vintage advertising art. And certain styles of woodcut, and etchings involve that "pointy" style that I love so much too.

One of my favorite comic book artists is Tony Harris. His work inspires me quite a bit, and he employs the points, so to speak :)

I my have mentioned that I am not a fan of super heroes so much, but I can have fun drawing them sometimes. Here is one that I had some fun with. It is really just basic coloring but it was still a lot of fun to draw. I am always suprised by how much people hate it when I post it somewhere! Ha, Ha, Ha!

wonder-woman-bad-girl.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

This reminds me of the super hero spoof done by rick vietch (I think) called rat pack, or brat pack I think.

My favorite image from that series is a boy wonder looking hero shaving his legs. It's all awkward and silly looking. Very funny stuff that series was.

Irish that is a pretty fun sketch man. Wonder Woman's face is priceless.

JO

Thanks JO, I had a lot of fun with it. When I was a kid I used to draw this kind of stuff to blow of steam. Pictures of the HULK or THOR pounding the turds outta somebody who looked just like the DAMNED GYM TEACHER.

Now it's just for fun....mostly... someday I just might have to revisite the HULK or THOR stuff with one of my turd clients...

This reminds me of the super hero spoof done by rick vietch (I think) called rat pack, or brat pack I think.

My favorite image from that series is a boy wonder looking hero shaving his legs. It's all awkward and silly looking. Very funny stuff that series was.

Hmmm, I think it was BRATPACK, it had like a dark sexual undertone to it, which I think Ennis and Robertson are trying to pull off something similar with THE BOYS, and having some success at.

I posted this in the Favorite Actress thread but thought I'd post it here as well.

A pen and ink of Deborah Kerr.

Deborah-Kerr.jpg

Thanks JO, I had a lot of fun with it. When I was a kid I used to draw this kind of stuff to blow of steam. Pictures of the HULK or THOR pounding the turds outta somebody who looked just like the DAMNED GYM TEACHER.

Now it's just for fun....mostly... someday I just might have to revisite the HULK or THOR stuff with one of my turd clients...

Hell yeah. I'd be interested in those two goin' at it. You'll have to post it on here. Get a kick outta stuff like that when done just right and you my friend are damn good at it. Makes me laugh. Good stuff.

JO

I posted this in the Favorite Actress thread but thought I'd post it here as well.

A pen and ink of Deborah Kerr.

Deborah-Kerr.jpg

Damn that is nice. I haven't seen it in the actress thread yet but man that's good.

JO

odb.jpg

Here is one I did of the late, ODB

Working on becoming a free-lance illustrater! Will be working on some more fantasy based art, trying to get a portfolio for Games Workshop. Was thinking of doing a version of the punisher as well, just trying to find time!

Someones been sending me alot of cowboys in the e-mail, I got a hankerin' to draw one, Here it is.

cowboy-1a.jpg

...not that I really need much of a reason to draw cowboys!

Still needed to draw MORE COWBOYS!!! So I drew one of my favorite cowboy actors, Jack Elam...

Can't say I really love any one of his movies more than any other of his movies...but a favorite has always been NIGHT of the GRIZZLY. Besides Clint Walker it had 3 classic western bad guys, Jack Elam, Keenan Wynn and the almost forgotten LEO GORDON.

jack-elam1.jpg