Tiara

Future Movie Releases: Which Ones Will You Be Seeing?

Cool avatar pic Fred.

Vin Diesel won me over when I saw him beat the shit outta Kevin Gage in Knockaround Guys. That made me go back to watch Pitch Black which I loved. I saw The Fast and The Furious in the theatres and enjoyed it, but I hated seeing such a direct rip-off of Point Break. What's even funnier is that I think Vin Diesel is today's Swayze and Paul Walker is today's Keanu.

Diesel lost me with that piece of crap A Man Apart and that even worse piece of shit XXX. Then comes out The Chronicles of Riddick and I just gave up. The Pacifier was just an embarassment and evidence that only Schwarzenegger can make fun of his own badassness.

I'm looking forward to Diesel's return as Dominic Toretto in The Fast and The Furious 4 coming out Summer 2009.

-TL

The things I liked Vin Diesel in:

Saving Private Ryan

The Iron Giant

Pitch Black

The Chronicles of Riddick (It's alright, not as good as Pitch Black, I gotta give David Twohy some love, he's such an underrated director.)

How does Saving Private Ryan not count? He was a part of the main cast, unless you mean top billing.

But to answer your question no, not really I never really cared to see his movies. I have been meaning to check out Find Me Guilty though, but I'm too much of a lazy fuck.

denzelwashingtonpelham1bw9.th.jpg

denzelwashingtonpelham1tp0.th.jpg

Denzel Washington films hijacking scenes for his new movie, The Taking of Pelham 123 on Sunday in New York City.

The Taking of Pelham 123 is a originally a thriller novel whereby a New York City subway train is hijacked and ransom money is demanded for the hostages inside the train.

John Travolta co-stars in the thriller and plays the leader of the group of hijackers, while Denzel plays Zachary “Z” Garber, the chief detective of security for the subway.

The film is scheduled to be released in July 2009.

phil-morris-429b.jpg

phil-morris-429a.jpg

From the set of "I Love You Phillip Morris". The movie stars Jim Carrey as a married father who is sent to prison where he falls in love with a cellmate named Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor. His love leads him to make several escape attempts. The movie also stars Rodrigo Santoro (pictured with Carrey) and Leslie Mann.

Incredible Hulk trailer:

IH Trailer

day-of-the-dead-a-1.jpg

day-of-the-dead-b-1.jpg

Pile of poop.

I thought it would at least be so bad that it's funny (House of the Dead is freakin' hilarious).

The things I liked Vin Diesel in:

Saving Private Ryan

The Iron Giant

Pitch Black

The Chronicles of Riddick (It's alright, not as good as Pitch Black, I gotta give David Twohy some love, he's such an underrated director.)

I'd even go so far as to add The Fast and The Furious. I didn't like the film and feel Paul Walker should slide under a gas truck and taste his own blood, but I did like Diesel in the film. Don't ask me why, I just did. Other than that I agree with this list and with Mike V's comments on Riddick's two adventures.

I like Vin, I want to see him do well. I think he has a cool edge. But he seemed to have bought in to his own hype machine for a while there and I hate pretentious assholes. He's had to eat significant crow and watched his rising star plummet. Nothing will bring people back to Earth faster than that. He may be ready to step back up to the plate.

Someone once mentioned that Vin would be great as Gallows for my Red Sky Diary. I wanted to vomit. Because this was at the height of his XXX days.

The painful part of that suggestion is that Vin WOULD be great as Gallows, but not after doing the stuff that he's done. If RSD could have been made after Private Ryan, BEFORE he became the Mighty Vin, it might have worked. Also, when Pitch Black came out I almost scrapped the flash goggles from Gallows. Then I thought, "Fuck them, I came up with it first."

But, people might see similarities between Gallows and Riddick if Vin was the guy. Even IF they stole it from me ;)

Anyway, I'm up for seeing Deisel make a comeback, and I'd like to see Find Me Guilty too.

- TB

I thought he was great in Find Me Guilty. Made me forgive him for xXx and A Man Apart.

Guest FADoss

Hey Tim,

Paul Walker was actually good in "Running Scared". The hockey rink scene was especially fun.

Fred

Still, strange to think that Walker is going to be in EvilSeek instead of Jane.

Paul Walker has his moments in The Fast and The Furious. Unfortunately he was all bad in 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Running Scared was probably the most I've enjoyed him in a film overall. Into The Blue was just garbage (not including Jessica Alba's hot self) and Timeline was the most forgettable film I've ever seen.

JOYRIDE is actually a really good movie. I hand that credit to Ted Levine and Steve Zahn though. Walker just rides on their effectiveness and successfully doesn't fuck up the film.

As I mentioned earlier, Diesel and Walker are today's Swayze and Keanu and I'm very interested to see how they'll come off on-screen together after a decade of leading roles in very mediocre films.

FAST AND FURIOUS

JUNE 5 2009

-TL

Guest FADoss

Jessica Alba? Wow...now there is an actress...

Hopefully you'll read that as dripping with sarcasm. I find it painful to watch her on screen. Though I don't despise her like I do Juliette Lewis. But at least Lewis had "Natural Born Killers".

Fred

You can't watch her on-screen Fred, you gotta look at her on-screen.

And I gotta tell ya, lookin at her ain't painful at all...

jessicaalba3copygg5.jpg

-TL

As I mentioned earlier, Diesel and Walker are today's Swayze and Keanu and I'm very interested to see how they'll come off on-screen together after a decade of leading roles in very mediocre films.

-TL

I'm not sure if I can qualify this statement ;)

I'll let the Deisel/Swayze thing alone because I'm not sure how to respond.

You can have that one TL ;)

But the Walker/Reeves comparison . . .

When Walker has done films at the level of River's Edge, My Own Private Idaho, and The Matrix, then maybe I'll concede a little.

I'm sure Walker is a nice fella, but when he's on screen all I SEE is him acting, in other words it doesn't come off as natural at all.

All I see is him trying to act. I don't buy him for a second. Keanu can at least pull that part off on occasion.

I did enjoy Joy Ride, but for the reasons you already mentioned.

Running Scared? I'll admit, Walker wasn't as bad in this, but PLEASE!

The Hockey Rink scene was pretty brutal though.

Still, we're talking about Paul Walker for fucksakes.

I'm not saying you can't like the guy.

Have at it my friends.

Just don't ever try to sell ME on it ;)

I'll see your Paul Walker and raise you two Zak Efron's.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

- TB

I would love to drop the entire Swayze/Diesel and Keanu/Walker comparison to be honest with ya, but those two that were once so great are now in such a jam.

I saw Street Kings 2 weeks ago, and Chris Evans ate Keanu for breakfast. Swayze hasn't done anything decent since Donnie Darko and that was much too brief.

What I wanna see and I know I ain't gonna get it, is POINT BREAK 2 starring Swayze and Keanu. It could have To Hell and Back as a subtitle referencing the actors' careers.

If Mickey could get back on his feet and headline respectable pictures after a 10 year absence, I'm sure The Swayze can do it. Keanu just needs to get his shit together. The Matrix is over Keanu! Its been over for 10 years.

-TL

I would love to drop the entire Swayze/Diesel and Keanu/Walker comparison to be honest with ya, but those two that were once so great are now in such a jam.

I saw Street Kings 2 weeks ago, and Chris Evans ate Keanu for breakfast. Swayze hasn't done anything decent since Donnie Darko and that was much too brief.

What I wanna see and I know I ain't gonna get it, is POINT BREAK 2 starring Swayze and Keanu. It could have To Hell and Back as a subtitle referencing the actors' careers.

If Mickey could get back on his feet and headline respectable pictures after a 10 year absence, I'm sure The Swayz can do it. Keanu just needs to get his shit together. The Matrix is over Keanu! Its been over for 10 years.

-TL

Heheh, no chit mang.

I'd pay to go see a Point Break sequel and I HATE sequels (most of the time ;)

Hope Swayze recovers full from his health problems very soon and gets back.

Keanu has to start eating some nails for breakfast.

and by the way?

10 years?

Has it REALLY been THAT long?

Keee-Riced!

I'm going to go take a geritol.

- TB

Heheh, no chit mang.

I'd pay to go see a Point Break sequel and I HATE sequels (most of the time ;)

Hope Swayze recovers full from his health problems very soon and gets back.

Keanu has to start eating some nails for breakfast.

- TB

Only if GARY BUSEY is there.

Andrew

Trailer for "The Happening"

Video loads on right side of page.