Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher

What do you guys think of the new War Zone series so far?

War zone is awesome i thought a marvel knights series wouldnt work as well as it used after reading the max series for so long but i was very glad to be proved wrong

In case you're just catching wind of it now, Frank Tieri will be taking on Marvel's No. 1 vigilante in the upcoming PUNISHER NOIR limited series! And in episode #68 of the Mighty Marvel Podcast, listeners get an exclusive first chance to hear what Frank Tieri has in store for the man known as Frank Castle! Wondering how much darker the Punisher can get? What villains will make an appearance? Get ready as Frank Tieri gives listeners a taste of the nitty gritty action that lies ahead when the Punisher gets "noirized."

Well, what are you waiting for? Download and listen to the Punisher Noir episode of the Mighty Marvel Podcast right now!

Source: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.69...er_Noir_Podcast

Here are a few pages from Punisher Noir by series artist Paul Azaceta.

I think this stuff looks great. The colorist too, did a great job.

PUNNR01001_colclr.jpg

PUNNR01002_colclr.jpg

PUNNR01003_colclr.jpg

Hopefully I'll be posting my cover soon in the Hot Off The Boards thread.

I love the vintage comic look. Obviously it takes place back then but the coloring and drawings look like they were from back in the day as well which gives it a wonderful feel of authenticity.

Yeah, andthe pacing/storytelling is real nice, very cinematic.

Love Azaceta's simple, graphic, no frills style here which suits the vibe of the time period splendidly.

When Axel offered me the covers he sent the first half of the book over (in black and white), and even if I was already interested in the concept, these pages sold me big time. I knew I wanted to be a part of it.

Can't wait to read Tieri's story too, though Azaceta does such a good job all through this issue with the sequential you could follow it even without dialogue.

- TB

Wow, the art work reminds me of one of my favorite, Warren publishing artists, Alex Toth, I love the work, can't wait to get my hands on it !

When is this Noir series coming out? Sorry if it has been posted already, but I can't see it anywhere :P It looks unreal (in a good way, of course)!

I was looking around for solicitation info as well and came up empty.

I'll check with my editor and hopefully know something soon.

Usually covers are done from between 3 to 5 months in advance of release so I'd think we'd be seeing the book by this summer.

More certain dates upcoming.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

I love the garrote wire. Nice subtle touch there.

Never expected to get a punisher story done in a style quite like this. I can't wait to see the whole book!

Thanks for the preview Tim!!

Guest AdminGuyX

Got to see the original of the cover illo in person in Detroit! I had not seen it previously so I had no idea what it was for, but had a hunch. Sure enough Tim confirmed it for me that it was the cover for Noir. I have to admit, it reminds me of a mexican wrestler mask, but I like it anyway.

:)

Guest AdminGuyX

HEY, so . . . I'm surfing around on the site linked to Tim's new cover, and I see this page:

8038new_storyimage2424287_full.jpg

What the fuck is this? Why is Frank Castle wearing ant man's helmet around?

I have no idea, I haven't been following the comics lately, but maybe he's using so he can make some ants kill for him.

I also saw a new cover Noir, an it looks like the Russian is going to make an appearence.

That's a picture of one of the inside pages on the Punisher Dark Reign series. He's in a Marvel world so his tech buddy hooked him up with an Ant Man helmet on one of his missions. It's pretty much War Journal. Disregard the helmet because this series isn't bad.

Very cool, and it's gonna be interesting to have Kingpin and Bullseye in the MAX universe.

Guest AdminGuyX
Jason Aaron is taking over writing duties on MAX. Very fucking cool!

I don't know his work, what else has he done?

He's the mind behind Scalped (which Tim has done covers for), so he's a pretty g-darn good choice to be writing The Punisher.

Deffinatly check out Scalped if you have not Noeland, best damned series out there right now. He also has manged to resurect Ghost Rider and is writing the new Wolverine series. He's kind of an up-and-comer, but man is he great. I think The Other Side was his first book. It was a Vertigo mini series.

Last year he did the Punisher Christmas special. Judging from the cover, I did not expect much, it looked too cartoon-y, but I picked it up when I saw his name attached. Neeless to say, I've been waiting for Aaron to take over MAX ever since. He'll give Ennis a run for his money.

Just finished Long Cold Dark and Valley Forge a few weeks ago. Don't think I'll pick up anymore of the comics beyond Garth Ennis's stuff. For me he was the only writer who ever really got the character. He managed to find real depth in what should be an incredibly one dimensional character. Frank is an actual human being in the MAX series. Plus it had great characters like Yorkie, Barracuda and O'Brien. I doubt from O'Brien's intro anyone thought her arc would be one of the most tragic and well developed of the series. I love how he always managed to tie the stories together.

Any of the other comics I've read with the character just treat him like a cartoon Rambo. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer Garths version. Hope he come's back to it at some point in the future.

I highly recommend that you guys ('n gals) pick up Punisher: Get Castle - Not sure if it's been solicited yet.

Script by Rob Williams is pretty excellent and this story which I presume to be a one-shot (it's 35 pages) is dipping into the Ennis Max world in a superb way with a continuation of the Yorkie storyline. It's got an 'Ennis' feel and definitely vibed right for me.

Here's a look at the cover, though it isn't quite completed yet. If the Punisher image at center stage seems familiar it's because I used the figure on a cover for a French comic magazine last year. Not many folks in the US have ever seen it and I've completely switched things up with a start from scratch new environment. I'm really digging this (what I would term) 'final' vision for the figure.

Hope you all diggit too.

PunisherGetCastleF.jpg

Keep an eye out for GET CASTLE, which is a loose homage to the classic Mike Hodges/Michael Caine film.

- TB

Gorgeous cover, can't wait for this one shot to come out.