Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher

Well no matter who we see do this, they can't top Tim. He casts an extremely big shadow that cannot be topped with the future Punisher covers.

Yeah, it looks a little more like a War Journal cover than a MAX cover.

Yea, and the next War Journal cover looks darker than this. <_<

I just recently got into the MAX comics(which is the only comics I've read recently). They are all beyond Perfect IMO, especially Tim's covers. I am really going to miss both Tim and Garth, but at least I have a few more volumes to read. I think my favorite cover by Tim was this one. :D

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelda...sher_vol5_6.jpg

Is very sad to know that when issue #61 comes out next week it will have neither Tim's amazing work on the cover or Garth's writing tying the book together inside. As for the writer of the next six issues he is a hell of a crime writer I have read a few of his books and I think Gregg Hurwitz will do just fine. Same for all of the writers Marvel has chose to do arcs all are very good crime novelists.

Guest FADoss

SO,

I bought and read "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" which was quite fun seeing Ennis write Frank in the Hero Verse, granted not the one we all know and love.

Also bought and read "Little Black Book" which was a lovely little one-shot read. I love the punch to the face he dishes out near the end...and the Clark Kent moustache. Not his best undercover work. :)

ON THE WAY, I have the TPBs of "Kitchen Irish", "Man of Stone", "The Slavers" and "Born".

I'm a bargin hunter on eBay and am hoping to find a budget copy of "Welcome Back Frank" soon.

Oddly, with all our bickering over the new film, I have become a student of Frank Castle. :)

Fred

There's a really attractive Hardcover of Welcome Back Frank coming out this month.

It'll be around $30, but very much worth the buy.

Its got some variant prints of Street's covers the older softcover volume doesn't carry.

*I recommend you save the MAX stuff for the end.

If you leave Welcome Back Frank (12 issues) and Marvel Knights (37 issues) for the end, it'll be like going from apple pie to steak.

There's an order to things.

-TL

There's a really attractive Hardcover of Welcome Back Frank coming out this month.

It'll be around $30, but very much worth the buy.

Its got some variant prints of Street's covers the older softcover volume doesn't carry.

*I recommend you save the MAX stuff for the end.

If you leave Welcome Back Frank (12 issues) and Marvel Knights (37 issues) for the end, it'll be like going from apple pie to steak.

There's an order to things.

-TL

There's a Garth Ennis Punisher omnibus coming out in October. Welcome Back, Frank and the 37 issues of the MK series plus some one shots are in it. Only 60 bucks. Sounds like a good deal.

MAX however is probably... the best thing ever.

I still have #60 waiting for me at the Comic shop. As much as I want to pick it up, I feel like there's a pit in my gut. They say change is good, but this is not the case. I'm not digging the new covers, and as for the story, I guess I'll have to wait and see what's in store. I miss the TB covers! :unsure:

Street, talkin covers, this latest issue of Punisher: War Journal will leave you in awe...

punisherwarjournal24bao5.jpg

Alex Maleev is really turning up the heat in his take on Frank Castle.

Escalading from the very memorable issue #21 watercolor where a broken down Castle sits in doom, this current episode (#24) features a darker, more iconic Punisher.

Let me be honest, the first thing that came to mind was Charles Bronson in Death Wish.

That scene where he looks down at the photos of him and his wife at the beach...Its that face of fury and pain combined, that I think Maleev has wonderfully captured.

This is the image of a man fueled by revenge. A man READY to kill. A man WILLING to die.

What are your thoughts bud?

-TL

The first two arcs are alright, after that I dropped it.

That said, they really should have switched cover artists, the MAX covers look like they belong on War Journal and vice versa.

You know, I would like to see Tim do something silly like a monkey variant Punisher cover.

Guest AdminGuyX
It's a very good cover, it's too bad the comic kinda stinks.

When I saw it was a Dave Johnson cover, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Would NEVER have guessed it.

I didn't like the story either.

"But the bulge under his arm says he wants more than my autograph"

Made me laugh out loud.

And I don't know, was it intentional that the guy in the alley looked just like Wolverine in a jacket with a cowboy hat smocking, until after he was knocked over? Then it was just an old guy.

Some of the artwork was cool though. I dig that kind of abstract shadowy style.

I was talking about War Journal, not the MAX book. I haven't read the new issue, but the Dave Johnson cover really looks like it belongs on War Journal and not MAX.

Guest FADoss

Read Kitchen Irish a week back and that would make a HORRIBLE Punisher flick. He's not in it enough. It's barely even a Punisher movie. Would probably turn out too much like Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Might be a good movie, but who's it about?

Fred

Plus, doubtful it would be made anyway. Two movies with two villains with fucked up faces and then they threw in Maginty in War Zone: Punisher, then again it doesn't have to be literal translation from the page to screen, you could add more Castle scenes etc....

Guest FADoss
Plus, doubtful it would be made anyway. Two movies with two villains with fucked up faces and then they threw in Maginty in War Zone: Punisher, then again it doesn't have to be literal translation from the page to screen, you could add more Castle scenes etc....

That's true. They could pull it off...

Fred

There's a bunch of things you can do with these stories. That's why I've said multiple times..... an HBO hard-R series for the Punisher starring Jane. You can do a bunch of shit. Jigsaw, Barracuda, Cavella, Gnucci, Russian, Maginty, etc....... It could definitely work. Only on HBO though. Cause then you can get reallllly brutal.

-Raffi

Guest FADoss
There's a bunch of things you can do with these stories. That's why I've said multiple times..... an HBO hard-R series for the Punisher starring Jane. You can do a bunch of shit. Jigsaw, Barracuda, Cavella, Gnucci, Russian, Maginty, etc....... It could definitely work. Only on HBO though. Cause then you can get reallllly brutal.

-Raffi

Series would be perfect.

Fred

The last Punisher book I read was the Punisher Xmas Special (writer: Stuart Moore, artist: CP Smith) in which I liked ALOT, and wished that this creative team would be the successors to the title.