Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher

I'd love to see it grayscaled or toned. I always thought the colouring on his work left something to be desired.

I concur. It seemed gradient-heavy instead of feeling like it was loved and given depth. There's something about those black and whites that seems to hold a good line there.

I concur. It seemed gradient-heavy instead of feeling like it was loved and given depth. There's something about those black and whites that seems to hold a good line there.

Or sepia toned. Dillon's work is pretty gritty and un-glamorous, it could use colouring to compliment it. Not taking anything away from the colourist, but the style is really just serviceable.

Or sepia toned. Dillon's work is pretty gritty and un-glamorous, it could use colouring to compliment it.

I agree with this 100%... but I happen to gravitate toward midcentury gloss (almost advert style comics) or gritty. Give me some depth in any case. Even if it's just purely stylistically, I need to be able to be sucked in. This is why Tim's work rocks. Texture, depth.

Guest AdminGuyX

Space: Punisher

I don't really have the words to explain how much I dislike that idea.

Frank Tieri's doing it, I like Punisher Noir and in interviews he seems to understand the character quite well. I say let them have some fun with the character every now and then in a mini-series.

Space: Punisher

I don't really have the words to explain how much I dislike that idea.

I don't know, as long as it stays in it's own little mini, I'm cool with insanely dumb set ups for Punisher stories. I still love the Archie/Punisher crossover.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yes, it's the idea that I'm not terribly open to, for the same reason I didn't like Moonraker as an idea. Frank Castle, like James Bond, work best for me when they are grounded and have a tone of darkness and crime drama. Ray guns just don't fit in the hands of either character IMHO. The story itself could be interesting, I love sci-fi.

I guess you guys will let me know. :)

Oh, I'm glad that tv show is dead.

I don't think so, but thank you!

I just learned that they are killing the Rucka Punisher series after issue 15. My heart breaks :(

Nah, it's not ending it's just getting its name changed to Punisher: War Zone. Rucka is staying on board and his storylines are going to keep continuing.

Yeah, WZ is when the Avengers crack down on him, but then after that it's over.

Ruckas Punisher is okay..Frank just looks too much like Solid Snake form the Metal Gear Solid video game series in this run,It's really distracting for me.I mean you could'nt even call his look an homage too Snake it's a dead on copy..

I dig the eye-patch and bearded look.

I do aswell,Just not on Frank..

Ruckas Punisher is okay..Frank just looks too much like Solid Snake form the Metal Gear Solid video game series in this run,It's really distracting for me.I mean you could'nt even call his look an homage too Snake it's a dead on copy..

If you look at old issues of Punisher War Journal when Jim Lee was drawing it, you can see Solid Snake right there.

Every time I'd bust out that game I'd think of those issues and Lee's version of Frank.

- tb

Your right..... :]..But this one just screams it..Yet the look fully serves this story...

If you look at old issues of Punisher War Journal when Jim Lee was drawing it, you can see Solid Snake right there.

Every time I'd bust out that game I'd think of those issues and Lee's version of Frank.

- tb

Which is why I think TJ would be a fine candidate to play Snake if there were to be a Metal Gear film. They would probably be looking for someone in their 20s to early 30s to play Snake now if that were ever to happen...start from the beginning.

I'm falling behind on catching up with Frank these days. I gotta get the ball rolling and hit up my comic stores.