nikbait

Introductions:)

Hey everybody! I'm usually shy to do introductory posts - the talent and knowledge around these forums is pretty humbling, inspiring, and intimidating, to say the least! - But I thought I should observe the board courtesy. Thomas Jane's acting brought me here. He has what I call a quality of mutability (where I can't seem to recognize him as "Thomas Jane" from film to film) which is really the true measure of acting, I suppose. :) Anyway, here goes ...

Name: Joanna

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): An eclectic mix of different types of film, music, and art; acting, filmmaking (behind the scenes, stuntwork & stunt driving); writing. Admittedly, my background is lacking in the comic arena, but I grew up on a diet of commercial & poster art ...

When did you first become a fan of Tom's? Probably Deep Blue Sea, then The Sweetest Thing ... I seem to "re-discover" his work every few years due to the "Jane Phenomenon" ;) - that mutability thing - I mentioned above.

What are your favorite Tom-related films? Too soon to tell, I am still catching up. Actually, my favorite "things" are performance-based moments within each work.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? Everything, but I'm primarily a film-lover, so Killshot; Dark Country; Mutant Chronicles; Give'em Hell, Malone; Oh! - and I'm intrigued by that Lycan business!

How much have you seen of his Filmography? Not nearly enough, but I am working on it ... thank goodness for Netflix. ...

Hey everybody! I'm usually shy to do introductory posts - the talent and knowledge around these forums is pretty humbling, inspiring, and intimidating, to say the least! - But I thought I should observe the board courtesy. Thomas Jane's acting brought me here. He has what I call a quality of mutability (where I can't seem to recognize him as "Thomas Jane" from film to film) which is really the true measure of acting, I suppose. :) Anyway, here goes ...

Name: Joanna

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): An eclectic mix of different types of film, music, and art; acting, filmmaking (behind the scenes, stuntwork & stunt driving); writing. Admittedly, my background is lacking in the comic arena, but I grew up on a diet of commercial & poster art. My tastes have included: Dali, Erte, Vargas, Nagel, Vallejo, Frazetta, - and now Tim Bradstreet!

When did you first become a fan of Tom's? Probably Deep Blue Sea, then The Sweetest Thing ... I seem to "re-discover" his work every few years due to the "Jane Phenomenon" ;) - that mutability thing - I mentioned above.

What are your favorite Tom-related films? Too soon to tell, I am still catching up. Actually, my favorite "things" are performance-based moments within each work.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? Everything, but I'm primarily a film-lover, so Killshot, Dark Country, and Mutant Chronicles; Oh! - and I'm intrigued by that Lycan business!

How much have you seen of his Filmography? Not nearly enough, but I am working on it ... thank goodness for Netflix.

What I've seen, with some comments, if that's okay ... or are these spoilers for some folks?

-Medium

(Beautiful moments with Patricia - I would have pushed in even more to really capture those faces & feelings on film.)

-The Punisher

(Fave scene is when Joan offers condolences; his "about what?" reaction gets me right here.)

-The Sweetest Thing (Easy going charm & old-school slapstick physicality)

-Magnolia

-Deep Blue Sea (Dubbed "Super Tom" by Samuel L. Jackson ... and I would have to agree.)

-The Thin Red Line

-The Velocity of Gary (Surprisingly lovely film;

fave moment is Gary's expression toward the reporter and wistful repose in front of the TV screens.

)

-Boogie Nights

-Face/Off (The Jane Phenomenon fully evident here!)

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Cheers and thanks for having me. Thanks again to Heather for helping me out as well. See you all around the forums!

We should all fill out one of these!

BTW: Welcome to the forums Joanna!

We should all fill out one of these!

Oops, was that too much? <blush> LOL! I think Jen posted the format on the first page of this thread ...

BTW: Welcome to the forums Joanna!

Thank you! I look forward to being able to participate in some of these discussions - after thorough reading up, of course! :)

Take care, J

Oops, was that too much? <blush> LOL! I think Jen posted the format on the first page of this thread ...

Thank you! I look forward to being able to participate in some of these discussions - after thorough reading up, of course! :)

Take care, J

lol ohh did she? I didnt know about that...I should fill one out, unless I already did and forgot.

Welcome to RAW.

Great to see you here Joanna! :D

Thanks for going into more detail about why you like Tom in certain of his movies. That was fun to read! :)

Jen

Welcome to RAW.

Great to see you here Joanna! :D

Thanks for going into more detail about why you like Tom in certain of his movies. That was fun to read! :)

Jen

Thanks, Tiara - and - Thanks, Jen! I'm glad you liked that. Indeed, I am all about the details ... B)

Greetings Everyone, I just accidently stumbled onto www.thomasjane.com and found this forum. Im a big Tom Jane fan.

Name: Nik

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Music (I have an extensive cd collection), Writing (I manage a blog and am currently in the process of writing my first series), Reading (Am currently reading The Dresden Files series and The Wheel of Time Series) and Films (I also have an extensive collection of DVDs and am an avid cinema attendee).

When did you first become a fan of Tom's? When I watched The Punisher I wasn't expecting much but quite to the contrary It lit an unquenchable fire in me to not only pursue Tom Jane's future and past efforts but also to develop a love of The Punisher comics and graphic novels.

What are your favorite Tom-related films? The Punisher, The Mist.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? Quite honestly I am looking forward to all of Tom's future projects, however I am looking forward to Give 'em Hell, Malone the most as I am a noir fanatic.

In what film role do you like Tom best? The Mist, The movie wasn't that fantastic but Tom was, he really carried it on his shoulders and made it enjoyable.

How much have you seen of his Filmography? Face/Off, The Thin Red Line, The Punisher, The Mist and I also own and have played The Punisher Game and Gun.

Sweet as, Im off to immerse myself in all things Tom.

Holy smeg! There is an intro thread?!... I must be blind in one eye and can't see out the other to have missed this.

Name: Hmm... should I answer this truthfully? McSheehy

Location: Miami, FL (sobbing... I hate this city, can't afford to leave just yet)

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Crap... I never know how to answer this without going overboard...

Science Fiction & Fantasy (books, comics, or film), History, Weapons (usually in their use in history... but I also follow IPSIC, IDPA, and SASS), Games Workshop (its easier to give a link than to try and explain it myself)... and finally writting (usually just to jot down the ideas for the odd stories that pop into my head... easiest way to exorcise them).

When did you first become at fan of Tom's?: The Punisher was my first real intro to him, though I had seen several of the other films he had been in before that (I just didn't know it at the time).

What are your favorite Tom-related films?: The Punisher and Stander so far... though I have enjoyed many others

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating?: Give 'em Hell, Malone is definately the main one I'm looking forward to

In what film role to you like Tom best?: Frank Castle... though Andre Stander was great as well, it's just his portrayal of one of my top favorite Marvel characters is going to win out in the end

How much have you seen of his Filmography?:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Nemesis

The Crow: City of Angels

The Thin Red Line

Under Suspicion

61*

Dreamcatcher

Stander

The Punisher

Well, I posted a quick hello to all on the other intro thread earlier, but I can't possibly skip over this one:

Name: Angela

Location: Birmingham, England, UK (but only for the next 4 weeks...)

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Writing; films (Action, Sci-Fi, Horror, Drama, Thriller..); music (rock i.e. Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, plus The B52s and anything I can warble badly to in the shower); travelling round the Good Ol' US of A for three months from the beginning of March; reading (mostly bios, although I've got Fight Club and LA Confidential (to read for the billionth time) ready to see me through my flight); abusing my work internet access by coming on this forum.

When did you first become a fan of Tom's?: I recall him making an impression when I watched Deep Blue Sea. But I suspect that may have been the wetsuit.

What are your favourite Tom-related films?: Boogie Nights, The Mist, Dreamcatcher (terrific ensemble, and being a Brit have to give extra kudos to Damian Lewis). Although I've just ordered Stander on DVD, and from what I've read about it I expect it'll jump to the front of the queue...

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are your most anticipating?: Dark Country - I'm always intrigued watching films from actor/directors, especially when they direct themselves; working as an actor must bring quite a different perspective to handling a production (says me who knows naff all about making films, despite how many of them I watch). Mutant Chronicles - Ron Perlman is quite simply the coolest man alive (with the possible exception of Sam Jackson). And I have to track down Alien Pig Farm - definitely sounds right up my street.

In what film role do you like Tom best?: The Mist, but I've got some catching up to do!

How much have you seen of his Filmography: Face/Off, Magnolia, The Thin Red Line, Boogie Nights, Deep Blue Sea, The Mist, Dreamcatcher. Although he's such a chameleon that half of those I had no idea it was him I was watching (so if I want to make any kind of worthwhile contribute to the forum, I guess I'd better get them back out and watch them again!). Also must be the only person on here who hasn't actually seen The Punisher, so damn, I s'pose I'll have to get back on Amazon and add that one to my shopping cart too...

Loving the diversity of the folks here - is nice to see so many like-minded souls!

Ange x

A big welcome to MuseDawg, kmac169, and fireflygirly! :D

It's always fun to read the intros and see what you've all seen already of Tom's work - and what you're looking forward to seeing. Enjoy your time here. :)

Jen

Hi, I'm Sylvia from Germany. I'm 38, but I never grew out of my teenage years.... ;)

I loved Thomas Jane in The Punisher and after I've seen The Mist (which I couldn't believe had him in it, since this was always my favourite Stephen King story since I was a teenager), I was totally blown away and within a few weeks, I collected all his back catalogue of films on DVD and basically loved every single one of them. I really appreciate the variety of stuff he's done, not to mention, of course, he's a also a very VERY handsome, sexy man. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see his new films!!! I love the man!

Sorry, I forgot:

;)

Name: Sylvia

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): good music, films and comedy and plenty of other good stuff.....

When did you first become at fan of Tom's? After watching The Punisher

What are your favorite Tom-related films? I'd say The Punisher, but there are so many....

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? Everything! I hope he keeps out of the big Hollywood films.

In what film role do you like Tom best? The Punisher and everything else he has done

How much have you seen of his Filmography? Basically everything, just missing a few which I didn't get to watch yet.

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, I actually posted elsewhere before I noticed this thread-my bad!I am a massive fan of TJ, I think he's a really engaging actor and doesn't hurt that he's ridiculously hot too.

Name: Ethel

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): Horse back riding, writing, clothes (i'm a personal stylist), wine.. lots of wine, and I like doing a lot of traveling.

When did you first become a fan of Tom's?: Punisher! When I saw that I thought "who is this gorgeous guy?" since then I've watched everything he's been in except mutant chronicles, I finally got around to seeing Tripper, it was on shotime the other night, didn't really like it as a whole but I thought his character was funny "hey! no having sex in the woods!"

What are your favourite Tom-related films?: of course punisher! But I also really love stander, deep blue sea, and the velocity of gary.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are your most anticipating?: To be honest I don't really have any interest in comics, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Dark Country, although I'm sad :( just read an interview saying how bad he felt that it will be going straight to DVD in oct

In what film role do you like Tom best? I thought he was really amazing in Stander, it was one of the most fully fleshed out roles I've seen him in- and he looked really good. I have to include The Crow even though he was in it very briefly, he was hilarious with his wig falling off, I always tune in to that movie just for that scene

How much have you seen of his Filmography: I've seen almost everything listed on imbd except for mutant-oh, and I lent my copy of Thursday to a friend of mine about 7mos ago and she couldn't stop saying how hot the sex/rape scene was and now claims it's "disappeared" so i'm probably going to have to track down another copy of it. biotch :P

Welcome, Ethel!!!

And, "Ah, Helllll No!" That your friend seems to have kept Thursday - that is just wrong on so many levels, especially considering how difficult it is to find.

Hi, I am new here I read some of the posts and this is my first post :)

Name: Tsvetelina (Tsvety)

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): crochetting, cross stich, watching movies, swimming etc.

When did you first become at fan of Tom's? I saw Deep blue sea and I liked TJ a lot then but did not remember his name as any names of the actors maybe because of the sharks that were the main personages ;) Then there was The Punisher and I was hooked.

What are your favorite Tom-related films? Deep blue sea, the Punisher and the mist and of course HUNG :lol: the series really made me look up TJ in the forums

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? Anything, if I decide that I like an actor I watch anything they have been in.

In what film role to you like Tom best? Punisher and Hung

How much have you seen of his Filmography? the shark movie, Punisher, Hung, The Mist (it was GREAT!!!), the sweetest thing (watched it because of Mr. TJ - very dumb movie indeed). I tryed to watch the Dreamcatcher but it coudn't catch my attention at all.

I everyone, my name is Patti, I live in South Florida and enjoy life here in the sunshine state. What a great find this forum is. Lots of interesting topics. It's amazing to me that Thomas Jane reads and comments here. Well Tom, if you're listening please know that I think you're the best!! Congrats and good luck on the Golden Globes

Name: Patti

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): I like to travel, listen to music, cook and comnunicating with interesting people.

When did you first become at fan of Tom's? HBO's Hung. I think the show is great. So I googled him and realized I'd also seen him in Oiginal Sin.

What are your favorite Tom-related films? I loved Boogie Nights and the music was great. The punisher, 61, Stander. I think he's great, he makes me believe he is the charecter he's portraying.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? I have both Hung and Givem Hell Malone on pre order.

How much have you seen of his Filmography? At least 9 or 10 of his movies.

Name: Daniel

was born in Kasahkstan

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course):

Fotography, Friends, Movies, Hightech

When did you first become at fan of Tom's?

Than i saw Thursday

What are your favorite Tom-related films?

Thursday

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating?

hm, have seen all already, dunno kno what is coming this year out?

Give Em Hell Malone, was really nice

In what film role to you like Tom best?

In the Punisher and in Thursday

How much have you seen of his Filmography?

hm nearly all movies beside "Stander" and some movies of the 90

Hi Patti and, hey Daniel! :D

Welcome to the Forum. Have fun here Patti, and well, Daniel, keep having fun here. ;)

Jen

G'day all!

Name: Aimee :P

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): writing,drawing,watching films,music,fashion

When did you first become at fan of Tom's?: watching The Sweetest Things of course!

What are your favorite Tom-related films?: The Punisher, Give em Hell Malone, Dark Country, The Mist

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating?: Hung! and anything else to come in the future!

In what film role to you like Tom best?: toss up bewteen Hung and Dark Country

How much have you seen of his Filmography?:

Original Sin

Dark Country

The Sweetest Thing

The Mist

Give em Hell Malone

DreamCatcher

Deep Blue Sea

The Punisher

Hi - Nice to meet you here at the Forum. :D It looks like you've seen a good amount of Tom's films. That's great, as I would think some of them would be hard to come by in countries other than the U.S.

If you can, try to see Stander. It's one of his best performances. :)

Take care,

Jen

Name: Charlotte

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): I'm an Animator/Artist so love animation and art. Love horror (especially Stephen King) sci-fi, comic books and dark comedy.. now for my softer side, I also have a fondness for animals and anything cute and fluffy! :lol:

When did you first become at fan of Tom's?: Quite recently, I'd seen a few of Tom's films in the past but it was seeing him in "The Mist" that did it for me!

What are your favorite Tom-related films?: The Mist, Dreamcatcher, The Punisher and Deep Blue Sea.

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating?: I know Dark Country has already been released over in the US but I can't find it anywhere in the UK and would love to see it, love my dark stuff!!

In what film role to you like Tom best?: The Mist.. great acting and I have to say, I wouldn't mind being trapped in a supermarket with him!

How much have you seen of his Filmography?: The Mist, Dreamcatcher, The Punisher, Deep Blue Sea and have just ordered the DVD of Hung as it looks hilarious!! :P

Just wish he'd come over here to some conventions in the UK.. I'd love an autograph and photo!

Guest AdminGuyX

Hi Charlotte welcome to the boards! I know some times they block content by region, but Dark Country can be downloaded via I-tunes if you have it, and if it's available in your region.

Hi y'all!

Name: Katrin

Your Interests (besides Tom, of course): reading, painting, and I love films (I have more than 600 DVDs) and collect everything film-related (for example a helmet from 300, Arc-Reactor from Iron Man, and so on)

When did you first become at fan of Tom's? When I was a kid I liked him in Deep Blue Sea (back then I had no idea who that guy was) but then I watched Give 'Em Hell Malone (THAT'S my kind of films)

What are your favorite Tom-related films? The Punisher of course, Stander, Deep Blue Sea and Give 'Em Hell Malone

What future Tom-related project (comics/films) are you most anticipating? hm, I just hope he makes a lot of films in the future because it's hard to get the comics in Germany

In what film role do you like Tom best? that's a hard question - I think Frank Castle, Malone, Carter Blake and Andre Stander

How much have you seen of his Filmography? erm...let's see:

- Give 'Em Hell Malone

- The Punisher

- The Mist

- Killshot

- Thursday

- Dreamcatcher

- HUNG (Season 1)

- Deep Blue Sea

- The Sweetest Thing

- Mutant Chronicles

- Original Sin

- Under Suspicion

- Stander

- Face/Off

- Molly

- The First Time I Committed Suicide

And I think I'm gonna buy Medium Season 3 tomorrow (I actually don't watch it, but hey, he has a little part in two episodes)

Any questions? Just send me a mail! =)