sidewaysgaze

Tom and Patricia to narrate digital children's book.

I just got confirmation from Tom that "We should be doing the book this summer to raise money.". Thanks for the info Tom! :D

Ludon Lee, who was the main man for the Bad Planet digital releases is on an ambitious quest to raise one million dollars to battle cancer and help cancer patients. You can read more info at the Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group; this is my latest news post about it:

Tom also sent along a link to another blog that talks about Ludon

Lee's quest to raise one million dollars for The The Leukemia &

Lymphoma Society. Here's that link:

http://www.hapihour.org/?p=161

Ludon also posted a reply there, explaining where and when to

download the digital book, basically saying: "All I ask really is….on

May 9th, go to www.grappleentertainment.com and install the digital

book on your MySpace, Facebook, Blogger….pretty much any website that

is Web 2.0 enabled. Please offer the book to your friends as a

virtual gift in support of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

(www.lls.org). Think of it as a yellow wristband for your website!

Check it out at www.ludonlee.blogspot.com."

Jen

I just want to send a big thank you to Mediumfan for breaking this news!! :D

I hadn't heard about Tom's involvement in this effort until Mediumfan, she of the sharp eye, told me. ;)

Jen

You're welcome, Jen :P Always glad to contribute. Glad you got confirmation from Thomas about this. This is a great thing that they (and Ludon Lee) are doing and I can't wait to see it come to fruition. I really wish them lots of success with this venture and hope that it raises lots of money for such a great cause.

Mediumfan

I found this sweet video today on Youtube with Ludon Lee ( I think) talking to a young girl who has been diagnosed with leukemia, and she's talking about her school, and karate classes. Oh, yeah, and beating up a boy in her class. :lol:

It's a really sweet video and a great cause. Can't wait till this comes out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...Zi8BA&hl=en

Mediumfan

I found this sweet video today on Youtube with Ludon Lee ( I think) talking to a young girl who has been diagnosed with leukemia, and she's talking about her school, and karate classes. Oh, yeah, and beating up a boy in her class. :lol:

It's a really sweet video and a great cause. Can't wait till this comes out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...Zi8BA&hl=en

Mediumfan

we did the reading for it yesterday at the house. the kids write the stories artists paint the pages and then i read 'em outloud. great stuff. great fun. hope they get a bang out of it.

T.

we did the reading for it yesterday at the house. the kids write the stories artists paint the pages and then i read 'em outloud. great stuff. great fun. hope they get a bang out of it.

T.

This is great, Thomas. A great cause and I hope it raises more than the million $ that you're aiming for. I commend all of you who are participating in such a noble act. I can't wait to hear this.

Is Patricia still reading it as well?

Kudos again.

Mediumfan

There's gonna be an unique genius to the children's writings. Their imaginations are still running wild.

You guys know Shel Silverstien and Dr. Suess right? The latter was a brilliant mathematician gone schizophrenic! These children story authors are fuckin out there. There are books I read as a little kid that I will NEVER forget- like Where the WIld Things Are or my favorite 'Sideways Stories From Wayside School' written by Louis Sachar. I wore down 2 copies of that book in 4th grade. Louis Sachar is a genius. And also wrote this other book called Holes which was adapted into an amazing Disney movie which starred these amazing actors but you guys wouldn't know about that...

:blink: :unsure:

sveinx

p.s. :lol: :P

So Super Stories is out- you can flip through the first 15 pages of the book here in this cool little digi-thing they made. The book has some cool graphics for children and weird adults and is like 20 bucks or something that goesdirectly to charity but you know all that.

http://www.blurb.com/books/245633