Tim Bradstreet

Jane Busted

Guest FADoss

Probably a good idea to just delete this thread entirely...not going to lead anywhere good.

Admin note - This and the following posts are relevant to some prior comments that were deleted but I want to leave them up, 'cause I think they still have relevance.

I'd like to keep the thread up because it's a way for the community to face the situation, and for the most part I believe it's been discussed fairly.

Trudell

Guest FADoss

One last thing from me on this thread and I'm done with it. I'm sorry to Trudell for any accusation I made that the admin were not doing their job in this board. You have just arrived and Tim/Tom/Noeland have done their best to make this a place where ALL ideas could be heard and where people could just hang out and shoot the shit. However, some of us (and I include myself here to a degree) don't do so well with all that freedom in an internet environment.

I don't consider myself a flamer. I don't post things just to make people angry or bait them into a response, at least intentionally. If you see me posting something that looks offensive, I'm probably REALLY pissed. Sadly, most of the people I know that I associate with on a daily basis are either co-workers (who are not into film like I am), my wife and my six year old. Hopefully this doesn't sound too pathetic, but a lot of my really great conversations about film and comics happen right here. So, I take it a bit seriously sometimes. Occasionally, my exhuberance results in extra-work for the admin in having to delete my posts, or polite messages telling me I'm pushing the envelope. For that I apologize.

This board is a GREAT place, due mostly to the people that have made it possible. Just so everyone knows, I wasn't TOLD to apologize to anyone and I haven't been threatened with banning or the like. I just felt the need to say I'm sorry for being a dick.

And if I'm not going to far on this one, the news of how Tom has handled this whole situation impresses the shit out of me. I posted some things at the beginning of this thread that jumped to some conclusions about Tom that were unfounded and, if he even gave two shits about what I posted, potentially hurtful. I don't see Tom as the kind who lets internet bullshit get to him. Even so, I misjudged Tom in my original postings. For that I am also sorry.

Thanks,

Adam

In response to all comments about Thomas' drinking, i have to say i recently spent some time on set as his stand in and double. There were a few scenes where his character drinks--he was handed an actual beer on the first take, but after cut, he asked that it be dumped out and refilled with near-beer. And, he apologized for the trouble--very humble, but so fucking cool.

Guest FADoss
In response to all comments about Thomas' drinking, i have to say i recently spent some time on set as his stand in and double. There were a few scenes where his character drinks--he was handed an actual beer on the first take, but after cut, he asked that it be dumped out and refilled with near-beer. And, he apologized for the trouble--very humble, but so fucking cool.

Great to hear Parker. TJ is the fucking man!

He is definitely the fucking man. Totally cool as hell; my respect for him went even higher (believe it or not) after working with him. An incredible experience all the way around.

i have my own opinions on drinking and driving, and loss, which i will probably post on here some day (for those that are curious, feel free to read my blogs on myspace.com/spider_for_hire). i knew about his DUI walking into this gig, and still walked away from it with the utmost respect for him, both as an artist and as a person. Especially when i saw him dump out that Molson and humbly apologize. i don't think he could get any fucking cooler.

QUOTE(James @ Mar 18 2008, 05:08 AM)

Busted for DUI... what actor isn't these days.

Well yeah, but actor or no, thousands of people across the states get busted for DUI every weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News resources love to throw out the "Hollywood" statistics but it's been happening in our own back yards since cars and alcohol were introduced to each other.

I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a person out there who doesn't know SOMEBODY personally that has gotten nailed for DUI.

I've been lucky in my past, very lucky.

Not attempting to minimize the situation, just saying that anyone who believes it's a problem that is symptomatic of stars, athletes, or Hollywood in general is living in a dreamworld. Wake up and read your local newspaper wink.gif

- TB

I am sure most of us have known somebody who has gotten a D.U.I. I know I do. But some people in this world are oblivious about what is going on around them. And god if your famous and you get one it's like you have commited a cardinal sin and they make your life a living hell. I am not going to get into trouble for swearing am I?