Tim Bradstreet

Jane Busted

MFAN, You have this nasty habit of siding with actors you admire even when they're extremely wrong.

With the Ledger situation, you refused to embrace the truth of it all (which is now very widely known) because it stated Heath (as amazing of an actor as he was) stuffed a shit load of pills in his mouth and offed himself. Accident or no accident - TOTAL drug abuse.

Its very clear that Jane has a serious drinking problem. There is no excuse for that. And there is no excuse for him to get off on that DUI despite all the other bullshit that may indicate he should get off.

Kiefer Sutherland was in the joint quite a while. He payed his dues.

Jane's decision to plead "Not Guilty" is a failure as a person in his behalf. That bothers Fred and it bothers me - and it SHOULD bother you.

This was a simple case that is now turning into typical Hollywood behavior where everyfuckinbody gets off for everyfuckinthing.

I don't like shit like this at all and unfortunately for Jane (because he is an actor) I have to know all about shit like this.

If Jane really wants to be seen as anything other than a guy not willing to stand up for himself, he oughtta come out and explain that "Not Guilty".

Not Bradstreet, Jane.

-TL

Logan, it's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. You should try it sometime instead of being so quick to judge.

MFAN, If Patricia Arquette joined the Communist Party - you would give her the benefit of the doubt.

There is no mystery here.

The man plead "Not Guilty" to both the DUI and Suspended Licence charges. That's the end of it.

You should try accepting the fact that sometimes those we admire can be very wrong.

I'm just glad nobody else got hurt courtesy of his drunk driving. I wonder if he woulda plead "Not Guilty" to those charges.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Get off your soapboxes and calm down. Nobody here has lived mistake free.

State your opinions as passionately as you'd like but do it RESPECTFULLY to one another. Stop pushing each others buttons and making these personal attacks.

JUST STOP.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I'll chime back in later and edit this thread free from personal attacks.

If you have a questions about what Tim posted, knows, or doesn't know, ask him about it before you assume anything, and ask him, say it with me now:

RESPECTFULLY.

Or it's getting removed.

Noeland I don't see any personal attacks.

Fred's making a point that I support and MFAN is simply taking Jane's side regardless of the evidence on the table.

Here's another thing,

Why should anybody consult Bradstreet about ANYTHING regarding this matter?

This is the Thomas Jane Forum and the news about Jane's "Not Guilty" plea is all over the net. Bradstreet didn't inform us of that.

I know you're trying to be a mediator here, but don't become an enabler for the sake of being an Administrator.

I agree that nobody is perfect and we've all fucked up at one point (read my post on being a drunk). But this thread is based on Jane's slip up that just became a cop out.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

I think you know me better than that TL.

I'm just interested in keeping things civil and respectful. I'm not going to rewrite the thread or censor anyone's opinion, but it's important to me that we don't let our emotions get the best of us here or rule the day, or take those feelings out on each other just because we don't agree, or we are angry.

I'll reread the last handful of comments tonight when I have time.

Just let one another be for now please. It's all I'm going to ask of you guys right now until I've had a minute to form an opinion of my own and properly read everyones feelings.

:)

Deal?

Guest FADoss
Fred, you would argue with a signpost until it fell down and then take the wrong damn road home.

Whether I am a fan or not has nothing to do with your argument. It's stupid.

And just like when Heath Ledger died, you are making judgements and assumptions based on facts that you don't have.

And finally, even if you feel that way, it's just plain rude and disrespectful to say things like that about Thomas on his own forum.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Let it go.

Mediumfan

Interesting that only I should "let it go". :D And it's not STUPID. I think your being a fan has biased you to the facts. Benefit of the doubt is for the "loophole" filled courts system...not logical deduction.

You know what's funny...I state an argument based on logic and all folks can do is tell me "You're wrong" and "That's your OPINION". No one can really argue against it...and YES it is based on logical deduction what I've said.

Apologize if I made personal attacks, but simply dismissing my statements as "opinion" is ridiculous. Form a counter argument...or drop it.

Fred

Hey guys -

I was reading all of this hoping to stay out of it and I will from a Jane/DUI opinion point of view.

I did and have talked to Tom about the whole thing but when I posted the thread I was mainly going with the reports I'd seen on the net.

I didn't know if Tom was guilty as charged or no. All I knew for sure is that TJ was speeding.

Tom is not going to come on the forum and explain things, and out of respect for him I'll let the courts decide who was right, wrong, innocent or guilty.

Not my job or intent to make excuses for him either way.

I don't know if you can HAVE a forum where people always treat each other respectfully.

It's the nature of the beast. But, most of us know each other in a small way through posting elsewhere in the forum.

I think everyone involved here has had at least as many positive exchanges prior to this difference of opinion.

I don't believe anyone is being horribly foul to one another. I think it's just a healthy, if not heated, difference of opinion.

And you know what? Pro or Con that's all it is . . . Opinion, logically deduced or emotionally charged.

None of us where there and despite what we may read in the papers or on the internet it rarely tells the whole story.

My personal opinion on the subject of DUI is that if it was me who had been busted for a similar incident I'd likely do whatever it took to keep my driving privileges and my driving record intact. If I was blotto there would be no hope, obviously, and I'd have to suffer the consequences. But if I wasn't blotto or legally intoxicated I'd fight it all the way. Hell, even if I was over the limit and there was a chance I could get out of it on a technicality I'd do it and consider myself extremely lucky.

I don't believe that is in any way disgusting. It's self preservation. You can learn lessons just as easily without having your hands chopped off for stealing. Provided you have a conscience and you have half a brain in yer head. I ain't sayin' I'm right or I'm wrong. I'm just saying it's likely what I'd do.

I also don't live my life based on other people's ideals, or their prosaic standards of what is right and wrong. I find that history generally proves the high and mighty, even the virtuous, to be hypocrites in a lot of cases. In other words, let he/she without sin throw the first fucking rocks. I don't think there would be many to dodge.

Anyway, let's try and keep it cool and if we disagree let's try and keep it respectful.

Thanks - Tb

Good stuff Street, but there's one thing I just can't figure out...

Why is it that 6 months ago, when those dicks accused Jane of being a "Flabby Sci-Fi Action Star" he ran to see them face to face and now that the issue is much more serious he puts you on the front line and refuses to address the people here at RAW?

He posted not too long ago and spoke of "Hovering around" the Forum from time to time.

I've supported this guy a great deal on this Message Board. Specially when this dick was hired to replace him on The Punisher: War Zone...

dickcz7.jpg

Jane is a guy I hope to work with one day. A guy I tell people to pay attention to. A guy who's work I introduce people to.

This is a good time for you to step in Thomas. Street has done his best to be the middleman but I don't think he deserves to be in that position. Not on this thread.

Either way without your side of the story, the media is the only side we've got to side with.

Seal the fate of this argument by telling us what really happened. Its pretty obvious we're gonna believe you man.

I know I will.

-TL

Cheers TL -

I'm honestly not sure if Tom won't address this on here or not.

He's usually too busy to deal with things Forumtastic, and he's never really been an internet creature. But like I said, he does lurk from time to time.

Perhaps when the thing is over he will want to comment, but it's very possible (whenever litigation is pending) that he has been advised not to at this time.

I spoke out of turn when I said he wouldn't come on here to address this. I was assuming that.

He is aware of the thread though.

The Jane reply to the Flabby Sci Fi Action star thing was just after we opened doors here and he wasn't sure how active he would be here.

He just saw it and responded. I've been trying to get him in here more often but when you're cutting a film and balancing 100 other things that can be difficult.

I continue to pester him though ;)

- TB

That's one point I was hoping someone would make. Whether Jane should or should not "stand up for himself" on here is really a pointless argument. He has made his presence here very small to begin with, something I doubt any of us are unaware of. He's obviously busy with the film, his wife, and legal issues I'm sure you are familiar with. When you are under litigation the first thing a lawyer tells you is to NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

As far as "starstruck" officers ignoring his suspended license; I drove with an expired license for a year, was pulled over several times for speeding as well as just for driving through a small town late at night. Then, the next year I had expired tags for a full year and was pulled over a couple times. During neither of these periods was I ticketed for anything. I was always let off with a warning. And this was during trips across country at times. As you can imagine I'm not a celebrity of any sort so I doubt the officers let me off because they recognized me.

When I first started driving I was stopped doing 20 over the speed limit and still only had my temporary insurance card. He gave me the speeding ticket but accepted the proof of insurance. Less than a month later another cop stopped me because I was a high school kid driving during school hours (I had last period free). He gave me a ticket for not having proper insurance even though I showed him my temporary one that was perfectly vaild. The point is; just because one or two officers don't nail you on something, doesn't mean the 3rd that did was right.

As for owning up to your mistakes, TL: How many bar fights did you own up to before you finally stopped? Does admitting your mistakes and taking the punishment given always work? Have you ever known anyone that didn't get caught but stopped what they were doing anyway?

I'm not saying he's innocent, hell he very likely isn't. Who knows? Not me and I'll admit that right now. TL, Fred: If he doesn't get convicted are you going to stop liking his work? Do you expect that to be a part of his decision either way? That 2 people he doesn't know that like his movies won't want to work with him any more? If he's found guilty and really did drive drunk, will that determine how you feel about his films and comics from now on? Because if that's the case then you should probably give up on him now because he has already plead not guilty but you have already decided that he is. So either he "gets away with it" or it's proven he drove drunk and tried to get away with it.

Personally it won't change things for me either way. He's not a friend of mine and my opinion about him won't change how he lives his life. But I would like to see this forum get back to talking about OTHER SHIT.

I apologize for any emotional words I've used. I hope I haven't insulted anyone while trying to make my points.

Guest AdminGuyX

Shit, since we were telling stories, I thought I'd add a few in here. It's late ( 4am now) and I'm tired as hell, so I hope everyone forgives me this (especially my brother Irish). If not, I'll delete it. Hell I may regret it in the morning and remove it anyway.

I just got back from shooting a TV commercial at a bar, my camera got knocked over, and I had to grab a dude by the throat and tell him to pray the camera still worked or it was going to have a new home in his ass, after I was done beating his skull in with it.

Yeah, he was drunk. He laughed at me, and security stepped in and brought him outside.

I'm pretty sure he drove home.

What do I know for sure? I know that my $8000 camera is broken and I don't have the money to replace it.

The bar was full of people who were drunk, by the way. I'm pretty sure most of them drove home. But I don't know that . . .

OK, here is the part I might regret posting.

You want real life guys, you want to talk about serious drinking and how it effects people, here is some real life for you.

My dad was an alcoholic. The last thing I ever saw him do was throw up blood. I was 11 years old. The night he died some other bad things happened to him, I honestly don't remember the order in which things happened, but he was drunk a lot, and I was just a boy.

He had a favorite chair, it was "his" chair. He had a small table next to it with a radio on it, and a small lamp. I still have the lamp on my night stand. It's a green ceramic car. Like a model A or a model T. Anyway, I was watching TV, I thought he was sleeping in his chair until he started to cry. I don't know why he was crying but he was. He got up to leave, put 4 beer bottles in his pockets. One in each pocket, then he tried to walk. He got a little ways, then he fell down, and as you can imagine, it was bad, and he got very cut up.

I don't remember who else was home, but at some point help arrived. I think it was my Mom, and maybe even Andy. I'm not sure how he got into the bedroom, or who cleaned him up, but they did.

I think it was my brother Tom who picked me up and carried me, no discussion, out of the house. Now, the door to my parents bedroom was right by the front door. Being a kid, I looked into the room as I was carried out of the house. I saw my father lean out of bed and throw up blood into a bucket.

That was it. I spent the night at a neighbors house and in the morning 2 of my brothers came over, woke me up, and I was told he passed away. I think it was my oldest brother Harry who actually said the words. I heard it, but I didn't understand it. Like I said, I was only 11 or 12, pretty sure I was 11, because I think it was April, and my bday is July. The neighbors I was brought to lived in an upstairs apartment over a house. I remember walking down the long rickety stairs, not crying.

I don't remember crying until I got home and saw his empty chair in the living room, but that's when I lost it, and started balling. I'll never forget seeing that chair EMPTY, and when it struck me that dad would never read books, and play music again, man, it was all I could do . . .

The thing was, I used fall asleep on the couch a lot, and he would sit there playing music until I did. He'd always play the music at a low volume, and some times he would hum along with it. For years, I couldn't sleep unless music was playing. Into my 20's, and even now some nights I have to have music playing or I just can't sleep.

But this discussion is about drunk driving, I know, so, let me tell you guys this story now.

My dad would drive me to school every day, and he would pick me up every day. He was usually drunk when he picked me up. Honestly, I never knew better, never knew it was dangerous or wrong until the day this happened.

The parking lot was always crowded, and if you couldn't get a spot you parked along the sidewalk. My dad was sitting in one of the spots, while the sidewalk was also lined with cars.

One day he tried pulling his car out of his parking spot and rammed into a car sitting along the sidewalk. Yeah, the school parking lot while school was letting out, everyone around, and CRASH.

Instead of backing up, he just kept pressing the accelerator, and turning the wheel. He DESTROYED the side of this other car, dragging the front corner of ours along the side of theirs, then it got hung up on the front bumper of the other car, and couldn't go forward, it got stuck.

The driver of the other car got out, and jumped my dad. He hit him once, and the second time he missed and hit the window frame instead. He was just that furious that he missed. He then tried pulling my dad out of the car. The entire time he was screaming at my father about the bottle of beer sitting between the seats. I think he realized after my father hardly reacting to being punched that something was wrong.

My father, being a big man who didn't like getting hit, pushed him, and the man fell down pretty hard. By this time other parents were watching, even shouting at my father, and the other man to stop. Nobody did anything, nobody stepped in.

My dad backed up, and we drove away.

I can still hear the other man shouting our license plate number to his wife, and telling her to write it down. I can still hear his voice clear as a bell.

I don't know what ever came of that event, but I know my father didn't go to jail, though obviously he should have.

My father was a sweet person. He had a great sense of humor, and he cared about his family. I never felt unloved, or neglected. But he had health problems, and I think he had sunken into such a deep depression that he never got out of, and I tried to make this point before, depression, beer, and circumstance IMPACT our better judgement. You want fact, that is a fact.

WHY am I sharing all of this on a public board?

Because I want to impress upon you guys that I have some experience with this subject, and that this matters to me. I'm not telling you a "My friend John drinks and drives" story any more.

I'm not an enabler. I might know a thing or two about what I'm saying when it comes to drunk driving. It MATTERS to me for a reason. Reasons. And it wasn't just my dad hauling my butt around either, my oldest brother Harry and my mother also used to drive drunk with me in the car. I don't judge any of them for this. I don't carry that anger around. I learned from it, and I keep the lessons I learned from all of it.

My Mom, god bless her, woke up years later and stopped drinking. I had to run away twice though before she finally got the message. Now she's one of my best friends, and I love her and miss her every day. She's a hell of an artist too. She damn near did it professionally in chicago, but she chose to marry my Dad instead.

My point:

IF Tom has a problem with drinking, strongly worded message board posts arguing with each other, calling him out to post on the subject, and trying to call Tim out for not posting about it, is not going to help the situation. TL, taking one more cheap shot at Ray Stephenson is also, probably not the solution. But God bless you for being yourself anyway. I do appreciate that, and damn if I didn't see it coming.

He needs his friends and family, and maybe even his fans to SUPPORT HIM through his mistakes. He'll never find a way out of it otherwise, if it's even needed. We just don't know.

And YES, I have a problem with talking down to other members and trying to use the fact that they are fans against them so you can feel like you've won an argument. I see that as a personal attack. I don't have any other way to see it, given we are ALL FANS here, or we wouldn't even be here.

I have a real big issue with that, especially given the circumstances, and well, the location. This isn't A Tom Jane board, this is THE Tom Jane board. So yes, folks are going to support him here, and you should respect that, and understand it doesn't mean they think drunk driving is OK, or have any more or less love for the legal system than any of us do.

IF Tom is guilty, message board posts about how pissed you are about it won't help anything. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't expect he'd plead guilty. Maybe I'm dense, but that was a given for me. I expected him to plead not guilty.

I certainly didn't think Tim should be called out for NOT posting details he may not have known. That just seemed out of left field to me.

I'm disappointed and surprised with the quick judgments, the anger, and the bickering, but I also understand them. It's not going to help anyone, or change anything. It just feels . . . wrong to go after each other about it.

The passion and the feelings I appreciate, and share many of them. But like I said before, I think the way we express these things is just as important.

Shit, since we were telling stories, I thought I'd add a few in here. It's late ( 4am now) and I'm tired as hell, so I hope everyone forgives me this (especially my brother Irish). If not, I'll delete it. Hell I may regret it in the morning and remove it anyway.

I just got back from shooting a TV commercial at a bar, my camera got knocked over, and I had to grab a dude by the throat and tell him to pray the camera still worked or it was going to have a new home in his ass, after I was done beating his skull in with it.

Yeah, he was drunk. He laughed at me, and security stepped in and brought him outside.

I'm pretty sure he drove home.

What do I know for sure? I know that my $8000 camera is broken and I don't have the money to replace it.

The bar was full of people who were drunk, by the way. I'm pretty sure most of them drove home. But I don't know that . . .

OK, here is the part I might regret posting.

You want real life guys, you want to talk about serious drinking and how it effects people, here is some real life for you.

My dad was an alcoholic. The last thing I ever saw him do was throw up blood. I was 11 years old. The night he died some other bad things happened to him, I honestly don't remember the order in which things happened, but he was drunk a lot, and I was just a boy.

He had a favorite chair, it was "his" chair. He had a small table next to it with a radio on it, and a small lamp. I still have the lamp on my night stand. It's a green ceramic car. Like a model A or a model T. Anyway, I was watching TV, I thought he was sleeping in his chair until he started to cry. I don't know why he was crying but he was. He got up to leave, put 4 beer bottles in his pockets. One in each pocket, then he tried to walk. He got a little ways, then he fell down, and as you can imagine, it was bad, and he got very cut up.

I don't remember who else was home, but at some point help arrived. I think it was my Mom, and maybe even Andy. I'm not sure how he got into the bedroom, or who cleaned him up, but they did.

I think it was my brother Tom who picked me up and carried me, no discussion, out of the house. Now, the door to my parents bedroom was right by the front door. Being a kid, I looked into the room as I was carried out of the house. I saw my father lean out of bed and throw up blood into a bucket.

That was it. I spent the night at a neighbors house and in the morning 2 of my brothers came over, woke me up, and I was told he passed away. I think it was my oldest brother Harry who actually said the words. I heard it, but I didn't understand it. Like I said, I was only 11 or 12, pretty sure I was 11, because I think it was April, and my bday is July. The neighbors I was brought to lived in an upstairs apartment over a house. I remember walking down the long rickety stairs, not crying.

I don't remember crying until I got home and saw his empty chair in the living room, but that's when I lost it, and started balling. I'll never forget seeing that chair EMPTY, and when it struck me that dad would never read books, and play music again, man, it was all I could do . . .

The thing was, I used fall asleep on the couch a lot, and he would sit there playing music until I did. He'd always play the music at a low volume, and some times he would hum along with it. For years, I couldn't sleep unless music was playing. Into my 20's, and even now some nights I have to have music playing or I just can't sleep.

But this discussion is about drunk driving, I know, so, let me tell you guys this story now.

My dad would drive me to school every day, and he would pick me up every day. He was usually drunk when he picked me up. Honestly, I never knew better, never knew it was dangerous or wrong until the day this happened.

The parking lot was always crowded, and if you couldn't get a spot you parked along the sidewalk. My dad was sitting in one of the spots, while the sidewalk was also lined with cars.

One day he tried pulling his car out of his parking spot and rammed into a car sitting along the sidewalk. Yeah, the school parking lot while school was letting out, everyone around, and CRASH.

Instead of backing up, he just kept pressing the accelerator, and turning the wheel. He DESTROYED the side of this other car, dragging the front corner of ours along the side of theirs, then it got hung up on the front bumper of the other car, and couldn't go forward, it got stuck.

The driver of the other car got out, and jumped my dad. He hit him once, and the second time he missed and hit the window frame instead. He was just that furious that he missed. He then tried pulling my dad out of the car. The entire time he was screaming at my father about the bottle of beer sitting between the seats. I think he realized after my father hardly reacting to being punched that something was wrong.

My father, being a big man who didn't like getting hit, pushed him, and the man fell down pretty hard. By this time other parents were watching, even shouting at my father, and the other man to stop. Nobody did anything, nobody stepped in.

My dad backed up, and we drove away.

I can still hear the other man shouting our license plate number to his wife, and telling her to write it down. I can still hear his voice clear as a bell.

I don't know what ever came of that event, but I know my father didn't go to jail, though obviously he should have.

My father was a sweet person. He had a great sense of humor, and he cared about his family. I never felt unloved, or neglected. But he had health problems, and I think he had sunken into such a deep depression that he never got out of, and I tried to make this point before, depression, beer, and circumstance IMPACT our better judgement. You want fact, that is a fact.

WHY am I sharing all of this on a public board?

Because I want to impress upon you guys that I have some experience with this subject, and that this matters to me. I'm not telling you a "My friend John drinks and drives" story any more.

I'm not an enabler. I might know a thing or two about what I'm saying when it comes to drunk driving. It MATTERS to me for a reason. Reasons. And it wasn't just my dad hauling my butt around either, my oldest brother Harry and my mother also used to drive drunk with me in the car. I don't judge any of them for this. I don't carry that anger around. I learned from it, and I keep the lessons I learned from all of it.

My Mom, god bless her, woke up years later and stopped drinking. I had to run away twice though before she finally got the message. Now she's one of my best friends, and I love her and miss her every day. She's a hell of an artist too. She damn near did it professionally in chicago, but she chose to marry my Dad instead.

My point:

IF Tom has a problem with drinking, strongly worded message board posts arguing with each other, calling him out to post on the subject, and trying to call Tim out for not posting about it, is not going to help the situation. TL, taking one more cheap shot at Ray Stephenson is also, probably not the solution. But God bless you for being yourself anyway. I do appreciate that, and damn if I didn't see it coming.

He needs his friends and family, and maybe even his fans to SUPPORT HIM through his mistakes. He'll never find a way out of it otherwise, if it's even needed. We just don't know.

And YES, I have a problem with talking down to other members and trying to use the fact that they are fans against them so you can feel like you've won an argument. I see that as a personal attack. I don't have any other way to see it, given we are ALL FANS here, or we wouldn't even be here.

I have a real big issue with that, especially given the circumstances, and well, the location. This isn't A Tom Jane board, this is THE Tom Jane board. So yes, folks are going to support him here, and you should respect that, and understand it doesn't mean they think drunk driving is OK, or have any more or less love for the legal system than any of us do.

IF Tom is guilty, message board posts about how pissed you are about it won't help anything. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't expect he'd plead guilty. Maybe I'm dense, but that was a given for me. I expected him to plead not guilty.

I certainly didn't think Tim should be called out for NOT posting details he may not have known. That just seemed out of left field to me.

I'm disappointed and surprised with the quick judgments, the anger, and the bickering, but I also understand them. It's not going to help anyone, or change anything. It just feels . . . wrong to go after each other about it.

The passion and the feelings I appreciate, and share many of them. But like I said before, I think the way we express these things is just as important.

Well said Noeland. I appreciate this posting and am honored that you would tell us such a story that I know was hard to tell. Everything you said I agree with and I thank you for posting it.

JO

Guest FADoss

SO my sister has had two very close friends killed by drunk drivers...and I already posted the story about my friend up in Columbia MO.

Drinking and driving does NOT just affect YOU!

As for TOM, he can't post here...this is a LEGAL matter now and I don't expect to hear from him. It would be stupid to post here regardless of his guilt right now.

As for posting negative things about his actions on HIS board...I'm sure everyone here has heard of something called "Enabling". In AA, it's when you basically either condone or support the behavior with crap like "Well...we understand" or "Heck, I'd have done the same thing". Then you have people who say "WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG!".

And if you need any other evidence that the man may have a drinking problem, remember the video where he bashed P2 at that awards ceremony.

I LOVE Tom's work and any guy that decides to do COMICS after he is already gaining fame as an actor MUST be a cool guy. I'd love to work with Tom...though my open an honest commentary here will most likely destroy my chances of that any time soon... I don't even dislike him for the DUI thing.

I just think SOMEONE needs to be the guy here calling this bullshit. It's not OKAY or UNDERSTANDABLE and I think it's pretty damned clear he did it! He doesn't need "support from his fans right now". He needs a wake up call, before we're posting a "Heath Ledger" thread about HIM -OR- he ends up having to live the rest of his life haunted by the face of some stranger (or look at ROGER AVERY right now and the pain he's going through http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000812/news) that he's killed due to poor choices he made.

I'm still a Tom fan. Not going to change. I'm just not a big fan of DUI.

Fred

To think, I was going to read my morning paper with my coffee, but decided to stop here 1st...

To anybody reading who doesn't know or hasn't put it together, I am Noelands brother Andy, he's my baby brother, laugh if you will, but he will always be my baby brother.

Not one single person out there can know how hard that story was for him to tell. These are the stories that families keep hushed and don't ever bring up. You just have to be part of the family to know why. I don't talk about this, not to friends and not to my own wonderful wife and daughter.

At this moment in time I can not possibly be more proud of my little brother. Well done Noel, share the pain and maybe break the chain?

Noel's post is going to make for some uncomfortable reading and I suppose it should. I hope it helps somebody somewhere ...on the chance that it may? Well, that is why you should not delete it Noeland.

Guest AdminGuyX

Fred, buddy, you know better. You know damn well no one is saying that drunk driving is OK, or that it effects only them.

You just know better. Stop acting like you're some kind of moral authority, and stop acting like everyone else is wrong and you are right. You are missing the point so painfully that I can't even believe it.

You've become my friend over the last few months, and YOU KNOW BETTER than to think that shit.

Good God man, WHAT THE FUCK?

Maybe you're so pissed and railing against everyone here so hard because it's all you can do, I don't know. Maybe you're pissed off that you can't swoop in and save the day, I don't know . . .

I don't disagree with your points, but what do you think is going to happen here? Do you expect the members here can hold an intervention for Tom? Should we ask Tim to do this for us? What else can we do but support him? What else EXACTLY can be done?

You know that it doesn't work that way. It just fucking doesn't. But if you have a real suggestion for how we can all HELP HIM outside of supporting him, then please share it. Make suggestions instead of pointing fingers please.

Please share what kind of wake up call Tom needs that the people closest to him cannot provide, that you know better than they do, than TOM does, what he needs.

So if a member here says "I'm going to wait and see how things play out" WHAT does that mean? Does it mean "I think it's OK that movie stars drive drunk, and hire high priced lawyers to get them out of trouble." ???

I will say it again. You know better.

And you know that people get fucked up in life. And lets pretend that we can hold a magic intervention. Lets pretend we can all get through to someone who might need it.

You know damn well that rehab, and interventions, and even someone BEGGING someone they love to stop drinking, shooting up, gambling, whatever, might not be enough.

In real life, people self destruct, and no amount of love can save them some times.

BUT . . . I sincerely don't think that's the case here.

In any event, we are doing what we can do Fred. We are expressing ourselves about it, and the idea is to SHARE.

And if you need to call me a mother fucker to deal with it, then I can do that.

Call me a mother fucker.

That isn't going to help Tom out, but if it helps you out, here I am bud.

Guest FADoss

Noeland...there are a couple folks here who are pretty much saying just that. We should support him...not believe any of the nasty "rumors" that he actually got a DUI. Look truth straight in the face and call it "opinion" simply because they like Tom, his talent etc and choose to ignore the facts.

My remarks weren't directed at everyone...especially my motherfucker Noeland :). It just seems painfully obvious to me that he did it...and that his legal team is tackling a loophole to get him out of it...which in my book amounts to not paying your dues.

And there are ways to support without saying that the DUI never happened...or that it's understandable....again I think it's the minority that think either. I just get pissed when you look at the facts in front of you and make a statement about what is true and people dismiss it as opinion or here-say. It pisses me off. I took philosophy courses in logic and reasoning. I've dealt with disciplinary action against subordinates. I've had to sit in the judge's role.

And as for he who is without sin casting the first stone. I expect people to call me out when I fuck up too. I may not like it, but if everyone just said it didn't really happen...or that it's okay...well that is NOT what I would want or expect.

Now I'm ALL for mercy. I did some stupid shit in my previous lives...and I begged and pleaded for mercy and thankfully avoided jail time and a criminal record. I also learned from those mistakes, counted myself lucky and moved on. But I DID own up to what I did. I took the blame. You don't learn otherwise.

Anyway, called and left a message Noeland. Trying to find out about your camera!!! Horrible news man. And you ARE my MoFo.

Fred

Fred, I have NEVER said that Thomas was NOT guilty of anything. ( And I know that I'm the one you're referring to. Don't even try to deny it.)

I never said that I DIDN'T believe any of the rumors. All I was saying was that I don't think ANY of us should sit in judgment of anyone else, unless we have lived perfect lives, which by all of our own admissions, none of us have.

I have NOT ONCE said that I condoned Thomas' actions, or drinking and driving, for that matter. All I meant was that his decision to plead "not guilty" was just that, his decision, and none of our business. There are some people on this board who seem to think that Thomas "owes" them an explanation, or is obligated to defend himself, not only in court, but here as well. I call that bullshit. Thomas owes none of us anything.

As for your opinions about his decision to fight the charges, that's just what it is. Your opinions. If others don't agree with you, that doesn't make them wrong. It just means we have different opinions.

Mediumfan

Guest FADoss

SO...I've been afflicted again by a tragic case of "giving a shit". This happens to me on occasion...even though I swear I won't let it happen again. I see something political...religious...social...that has NO bearing on my life, means nothing to me of any REAL importance and I get distracted by it...belligerent, consumed and aggressive.

I become angry and judgmental and argumentative and for a time I feel good about it because I've got some "important" crusade. Then...while reading or sitting around thinking it strikes me that I really shouldn't give a shit.

So, I apologize to Tom mostly, for passing judgment and want to say only this. I hope that everything works out for you as it should and that the results of this ordeal are exactly what you need.

Also to Tim for polluting his site...mediumfan for being disrespectful and Noeland for well...whatever I did to make that motherfucker upset at me. :) And CALL me you punk. Tried to reach you twice today.

Sorry again for getting carried away. It will happen again and I'd appreciate if someone would remind me of this post when you see me headed down this road.

Fred

No worries, Fred. We've all been there. ;)

And if I was a bit belligerent and pigheaded myself, I apologize too.

Mediumfan

I've been a fan of Tom's work for a while now. He continues to amaze me with the vastly different roles that he takes. I have been a memeber of this board for some time and have only read but never commented on anything myself. I just wanted to say that TL, I completely agree that Tom should take responsibility for his actions. Whether it be drinking and driving or speeding. But If he was wronged by the system then I believe that he should fight it. As it has been stated many times, no one here really knows for sure what happened. All I know is that Tom should come on the board at least this one time to talk to his fans. We have all been here for Tom and have had his back. We continuously give him respect and admiration. All I am asking is that he give his fans that very same respect and at least let us know what happened from his POV.

Also, thanks everyone for having me here. I hope I'll fit right in on these boards.

You're a great guy Tom, and I hope that everything works out in the end.

Not intending to start up the conversation again, just responding to the last post. Tom Jane shouldn't post anything about the case on here, and most likely won't, because it is an ongoing matter. His lawyer and any lawyer would tell him not to talk about it, especially on a world-wide medium.

Been watching the healthy and hopefully constructive posts here and I applaud everyone for stepping up and sharing their feelings. I sincerely hope Jane will eventually cowboy the fuck up and make an official statement and let that be that. He doesn't need to do it just for himself, family, friends, fans, but for his standing in Hollywood overall. We all know that Hollywood is an interesting place and everybody has a story to share about their experiences. I am quite sure when this went down that his agent, manager, lawyers, accountants all met and said now what are we going to do about this. More than likely they told him to shut it up until further notice.

It will mess with his bottom line; any film he does in the future will probably have a clause to please the film studio's insurance companies about his behavior. Will they demand a "babysitter" assigned to him to ensure it does not cost the film company any additional monies and bad publicity? Perhaps. But it does not just affect him; the first episode Mrs J does about a DUI, she will get responses for sure depending on the way it is written. Count on that. I would like to see both Jane and Arquette appear together in "The More You Know" public service campaign on NBC and make a difference to the next person who gets pulled over for a DUI or is affected by it. The first time his kid gets drunk and comes home and says well you did it and yet you want me to do the right thing then he will see the effects of what he did. The next time he appears in public at a social function, don't think for a second people will be watching to see if he drinks any alcohol. Those camera phones will be out with the quickness, speed dialing a deal with the gossip rags. If he is lurking and reading all the responses he already knows how it is affecting the fans. So this is not just about him; the ramifications of his actions will haunt him for some time.

I am looking for accountability but I also don't believe everything I read in the media either. I hope he does an exclusive, either here or perhaps podcast and address it. I do not want to see him on some entertainment show, which will only give him just a few minutes to say his piece and then they edit it for time, rushing to their more important story about Britney... :blink:

I have always admired him not just as an actor, but as a man and I await a response.

Guest FADoss

Not to stir anything up again...but I was reading an article on this that Jane is pleading not guilty to a the charge of driving with a suspended license as well.

How exactly do you pull that off?

Fred

Not to stir anything up again...but I was reading an article on this that Jane is pleading not guilty to a the charge of driving with a suspended license as well.

How exactly do you pull that off?

Fred

By paying a lawyer a lot of money I guess.